Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

What would you like to see on a revamped TotalRL.com?

62 posts in this topic

What would you like to see on a revamped TotalRL.com ?

Not just the forum, but the website as a whole.

Post your wishlists and suggestions here!

To be honest I only ever go to the totalrl.com page by accident - when I was aiming for forums and missed. It never strikes me as a page to stick around for.

I would like to see the match day threads given their own section on the forum, some days its difficult to hunt the general conversations out between the match threads.

Hanners back on the forum. ;)

How about a place for RL events listings; talks, heritage, book signings etc. So much goes on off the field and people struggle to get that info out there.

I would like to see the match day threads given their own section on the forum, some days its difficult to hunt the general conversations out between the match threads.

Unfortunately things moved away from the main forum inevitably get discussed less. Look at the Australian stuff.

Edit: You do have a point at the moment, but I think it's to do with the Easter Weekend. Another reason to get rid!

An iPhone app. I very rarely use computers these days. I'll look at the news and scores on LoveRL's apps and go on the forums on here.

If TRL had that all in one app, I'd be in it all the time.

Oh, and I agree with MD, bring back the rep bar!

An iPhone app. I very rarely use computers these days. I'll look at the news and scores on LoveRL's apps and go on the forums on here.

I must have missed the discussion on it but it just seemed to disappear overnight. I thought it provided good feedback about whether people agreed or not without their having to reply. I can see why some didn't like it but then again it was really difficult to not have a positive score, you really did have to be doing something wrong.

Maybe they should replace it with a negativity bar. Then we can all see which posters just write negative claptrap all day long.

Some kind of word count limit.

I agree with this, as a poster and a reader. It's easy to get carried away.

Some kind of word count limit.

Maybe just an automatically-regulated daily limit on certain words and phrases, i.e. farce, joke, heads must roll, kick in the teeth. Once a poster's allocation is used up, he will have to actually think of something to say or log off 'til the next day. ;)

I agree an app is needed for Iphone and Android. The Love RL one is brilliant, I rarlely go on this website on the computer.

Change the code for the B) smiley so we can use "b.)"

This.

This.

I'd also install a minimun word count.

And an instant ban for anyone resorting to internet clichés... :P

I'd also install a minimun word count.

And an instant ban for anyone resorting to internet clichés... :P

+1

If you do revamp hope its not offline for long

It's the www.totalrl.com bit of the site we're mainly looking at revamping, rather than the forum, so it shouldn't be offline at all... (famous last words, I know :unsure: ) That's not to say we can't add bells and whistles to the forum as well. It already has plenty built in that we don't use, but possibly could in future.

Keep the suggestions/ideas coming! :)

To be honest I only ever go to the totalrl.com page by accident - when I was aiming for forums and missed. It never strikes me as a page to stick around for.

That's what we'd like to remedy in future. What would make you want to look at the home page more often? In particular, stuff that you think we could do on TotalRL.com that doesn't just replicate things that can easily be found on other websites.

If we know what people would like to see on the home page/main site, we can work out if and how we can begin to provide it. :)

Could you perhaps put a section on the homepage relating to the Photography Competition thread and cover

1) Rules of the competition in Bleep language

2) Details of how to post images for L'ang

thanks