Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unicorn106

Carlisle Races

22 posts in this topic

Bit on Border last night about haven doing a deal with Carlisle races for a meeting there in August.

Barry Richardson said it was a good opportunity for the haven fans to watch a bit of racing and see the players who will be attending.

I suppose it's all good publicity for the club showing three of their players running up and down the course with their haven shirts on....but.....why on earth would they want to travel 40 miles to see their players, when they couldn't be ***** going down to the wreck last Sunday to watch them playing Rugby League against the current Champions. :wacko: :wacko: ( Rodders still looked in a bit of discomfort to me :D )

Will deffo be giving that meeting a miss.

Ah jealousy is a strange thing

OF YOU LOT :lol: :lol: :lol: you simple Yorkshire (sorry Cumbrian) idiot :rolleyes: Now crawl back under your stone .

Bit on Border last night about haven doing a deal with Carlisle races for a meeting there in August.

Barry Richardson said it was a good opportunity for the haven fans to watch a bit of racing and see the players who will be attending.

I suppose it's all good publicity for the club showing three of their players running up and down the course with their haven shirts on....but.....why on earth would they want to travel 40 miles to see their players, when they couldn't be ***** going down to the wreck last Sunday to watch them playing Rugby League against the current Champions. :wacko: :wacko: ( Rodders still looked in a bit of discomfort to me :D )

Will deffo be giving that meeting a miss.

Can't see further than your nose end can you?

And the responses have just reminded me school holidays are still on

Nice to see you were happy with only three points out of six at the weekend

3 points and 6-0 of course, I'd say haven for super league next!! O I forgot you tried that and ended up going bust hahahaven

Were you?

Much preferred the four that we got

I thought you were all against bonus points?

Oh and I`m fairly sure you would have swapped those 4 for 3 and a win against us.

Something you havent done in erm.....oh thats right, 6 matches.

Good commercial sense would be to get in touch with Egremont, Kells, Wath Brow, Hensingham etc who have hundreds of players with parents etc and offer them a discounted rate of admission to get them through the turnstiles, all this Carlisle races stuff is window dressing that wont help Whitehaven become financially viable or grow there supporter base

Can't see further than your nose end can you?

And the responses have just reminded me school holidays are still on

i think you will find most town fans only expected 3 pts from 6 over Easter. leigh was a tough trip but as expected haven were the worst team to visit DP so far this season.

I thought you were all against bonus points?

Oh and I`m fairly sure you would have swapped those 4 for 3 and a win against us.

Something you havent done in erm.....oh thats right, 6 matches.

Where have I ever said I was against bonus points?

Believe it or not getting beat by you is not the end of the world and won't define our season so I don't lose any sleep over it. You lot keep bleating away about it. Friday was only one fixture out of 26. If you are happy to win just that one then good luck to you.

You deserved it on Friday, it was a dire game with two shocking teams you were just the better of the two on the day. Will you still be happy with beating us if you get relegated?

I would have swapped the bonus point for three yes plus the three against Sheffield (who you gave us no chance of beating) as I would much prefer the three in any game we play.

Be careful on Sunday the French may just surprise not a bad team at all

Believe it or not getting beat by you is not the end of the world and won't define our season so I don't lose any sleep over it. You lot keep bleating away about it. Friday was only one fixture out of 26. If you are happy to win just that one then good luck to you.

You deserved it on Friday, it was a dire game with two shocking teams you were just the better of the two on the day. Will you still be happy with beating us if you get relegated?

I would have swapped the bonus point for three yes plus the three against Sheffield (who you gave us no chance of beating) as I would much prefer the three in any game we play.

tell someone who gives a dirt #6-0 :)

surprise surprise the old "you were the best of two bad teams crack". same old jampot fans excuse for getting beat by town lol.

Marrafan, maybe you can enlighten us, as to why you have turned up on here after such a long sabatical ? You had a good win, well done. I wouldn't post on deluded .com if we won the championship and the Challenge Cup. (did you know we've won both :D..... of course you did ) You only come on to try an antagonise us, how childish is that ?

surprise surprise the old "you were the best of two bad teams crack". same old jampot fans excuse for getting beat by town lol.

we were bloody awful for about 60 mins on friday, and put out worst performance and still walked over a full strength haven team. its getting a bit boring beating them easily every game now.

One true line about staying up being all that matters . Spot on , and it's gonna be a real dogfight for both clubs and quite a few others . Gonna change week to week , and back to back wins will be priceless if you can get them .

we were bloody awful for about 60 mins on friday, and put out worst performance and still walked over a full strength haven team. its getting a bit boring beating them easily every game now.

yeah i agree we went at our best for most of that match but this best of two bad teams crack surfaces with the jampots every time we beat them.

One true line about staying up being all that matters . Spot on , and it's gonna be a real dogfight for both clubs and quite a few others ....

Indeed that is all I'm concerned about and Haven have managed to beat a "top side" whereas we haven't. I don't feel like crowing just yet.

Nope I won't be thinking of Good Friday if it goes belly up . Got to rev up for the long haul . We have it in us i believe , time to up our game and deliver the consistency that'll get the job done . We're far from the worst squad in this league . Proving it , well , that's to be seen . Exciting and very tense times , but we wouldn't swap it for anything we've had these last few years !!

We've nothing to crow about so far this season, but it's only natural that we should take great delight at beating haven even if we were pants for most of the game. It could be that we don't beat any of the top teams this season, as long as we beat the ones in the bottom half and pinch the odd bonus point from the others we will be alright. York and haven's wins at the weekend were great results for them, but a bit freakish also, I would be amazed if we see many more scores like those two.

In the paper tonight that we won't be replacing walne, I'm a bit suprised at that one,let's just hope the rest of the props stay fit.