Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wiffdog

Attendance

16 posts in this topic

Been told today that the Egremont vs Wath Brow match on Saturday, that there was more people there than London Broncos and Catalans...

Edit: Been told I haven't got the right figures... but still massive crowd for amateur match. Apologies

Great effort and it doesn't surprise me. Biggest crowd I ever saw at an amteur game, other than cup finals, was Redhill .v. Lock Lane in a Challenge cup tie many years ago. Don't know what the crowd was but I would guess 1200.

The game is very well attended up there, i remember the 1999 cup final at the copeland stadium there was a massive following for wath brow that day

The waterhead v mayfield standard cup game is claiming an attendance of 1,100 to 1,200

Estimated crowd over 1200 watched Milford Marlins v Stanningley in the final game of the season a few years back with the winners gaining promotion I regret to say Stanningley won.

1200 is the figure I heard for the Egremont v Brow game, I would expect that they will get about the same for the return game

I don't think so as the Egremont fans do not travel

They did to warrington for the inaugral final of the Conference cup.

I'd like to think some of the Hull derbys would produce as big crowds but for some strange reason the people who plan the fixtures always put 2 Hull derbys on at the same time , Infuriates me !!

I'd like to think some of the Hull derbys would produce as big crowds but for some strange reason the people who plan the fixtures always put 2 Hull derbys on at the same time , Infuriates me !!

Totally agree! I ended up going to watch West v Skirlaugh just on the fact it was closer, however I was disappointed I had to miss Dockers v East, I am sure that game would have offered more entertainment than what I saw!

I don't think so as the Egremont fans do not travel

Been to lots of Egremont away games counting them I take it

The hull Derbys used to be good, I remember watching skirla ugh and west hull and the crowd was about 1500! I think wrests used to average around 5/600 in their heyday

Been to lots of Egremont away games counting them I take it

went about 4 years ago and was about 4 people, 2 dogs and a ferret just shows you how many have came out of the wood when they do get a good team work

went about 4 years ago and was about 4 people, 2 dogs and a ferret just shows you how many have came out of the wood when they do get a good team work

Yes, just same as The Brow and many other Rugby League teams.

Not sure how an away game 4 years ago with a poor team means that there won't be a lot travel 3 miles to watch 2 very good teams