Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goldcoaster

RIP Hull KR?

284 posts in this topic

Are u saying that the other SL clubs dont stay afloat via a benefactor? Parky always tells us u need rich backers

I think what he is saying is that this one is very p-d off

Quite why the only pleasure some 'supporters' of the game get,is from the difficulties of other Clubs,is quite beyond me.

Maybe people think that if theres an oncoming tsunami your better off preparing for it.

There certainly appears to be have been a sea change this year in a number of areas. The wealthy benefactor model is never going to be sustainable. Very worrying times indeed.

After the battering that was last weeks game this is not going to enthuse the players.

I hope it doesn't all go pear shaped at HKR.

Quite why the only pleasure some 'supporters' of the game get,is from the difficulties of other Clubs,is quite beyond me.

Isn't that the new RL culture created by the RFL? Advancement at someone else demise, hence the demise is sought after and celebrated

I personally liked the big family helping one another out eg Bradford 64(?), maybe we can get back to that culture with a change at the top

Isn't that the new RL culture created by the RFL? Advancement at someone else demise, hence the demise is sought after and celebrated

I personally liked the big family helping one another out eg Bradford 64(?), maybe we can get back to that culture with a change at the top

Erm what about Bradford 2012? Plenty of fans and other people gave and raised money.

Erm what about Bradford 2012? Plenty of fans and other people gave and raised money.

and many others saw it as a way into SL or may save them in SL

and many others saw it as a way into SL or may save them in SL

I'm sure there were many fans in RL at the time who didn't want to help them either.

You can talk about this culture all you like but what creates that culture in Football when clubs go against the wall? Look at the glee when Rangers were relegated.

but isn't that 'family' culture what made RL what it was? Leigh lending Wigan their first kit etc

but isn't that 'family' culture what made RL what it was? Leigh lending Wigan their first kit etc

Halifax lending Huddersfield their first kit etc

Exactly. Fans building grounds eg Hilton Park, fans watching 'big' games at opposing clubs as neutrals eg Wigan v Manly.

Exactly. Fans building grounds eg Hilton Park, fans watching 'big' games at opposing clubs as neutrals eg Wigan v Manly.

My example happened two years ago. Plenty of fans still attend games at opposing clubs, I've personally been many Super League games not involving Widnes and I'm nowhere near one of the most diehard fans in RL.

Just out of interest how old were you in 1964?

Halifax lending Huddersfield their first kit etc

It was Castleford. Point remains.

"The grass is greener..."

This is worrying but not surprising. It must be exasperating for Hudgell as he's turned Rovers into an established SL outfit that has had the most success of the Hull derbies in recent years but still can't attract self sustaining crowds. Across the river, the team that he loves to hate still get 5 figure gates in spite of been garbage over the last few years. Also, he's striving to try and develop Craven Park into a decent ground but must worry about whether they'll ever fill it regularly. The Larvin fiasco must have been close to being the last straw.