Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goldcoaster

RIP Hull KR?

284 posts in this topic

The DR system doesn't produce juniors the amateur game does and it produces the most where Sl clubs are subccessful, but bend your argument to champion the old days and ways.

What part of " At a professional level" didn't you understand ?

Are Salford a better bet than Bradford at this moment in time?

At this moment in time Salford have a rich man at the helm who apparently finds money no object.

Which would be better, would Workington, York, Rochdale, Keighley and Swinton run by multi-millionaires be better bets for SL than Hull, Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield and Wigan run by very good businessmen.

The multi-millionaires could buy all the best players off the SL clubs and take their places in SL.

Good or bad for the game?

Fax was surely nothing more than a nod to recent history. They won the league in 89 I think? It would obviously have been a mistake and they would have been replaced or perhaps Davy would have been successful with a joint Hudds/Halifax proposal

Was it ? At the time of the SL being formed fax were constantly in the top 6 teams, had crowds on par with all apart from Wigan and Leeds.

It was 86 that they won the Championship, in 87 the won the Challenge Cup, returned to the final in 1988, got to the Regal Trophy final in 1990. And if you add to the fact that they had Tony Gartland owning the club who at the time was one of britains richest men, why wouldn't they have been included?

Was it ? At the time of the SL being formed fax were constantly in the top 6 teams, had crowds on par with all apart from Wigan and Leeds.

It was 86 that they won the Championship, in 87 the won the Challenge Cup, returned to the final in 1988, got to the Regal Trophy final in 1990. And if you add to the fact that they had Tony Gartland owning the club who at the time was one of britains richest men, why wouldn't they have been included?

What happened to Mr. Gartland Mr. Other??

What happened to Mr. Gartland Mr. Other??

Seemed to stop investing money around the same time as the Bosman rule came in and the start of SL. Still has a executive box at Fax if I recall correctly. No idea why he stopped bank rolling them, there has been a couple of rumours, one was the fans reaction to speculation of a merger with Bradford, and another was due to family bereavement.

Seemed to stop investing money around the same time as the Bosman rule came in and the start of SL. Still has a executive box at Fax if I recall correctly. No idea why he stopped bank rolling them, there has been a couple of rumours, one was the fans reaction to speculation of a merger with Bradford, and another was due to family bereavement.

Thanks very much for this.

Did Mr. Gartland speculate on that propose merger?

i.e. did he favour this?

Thanks very much for this.

Did Mr. Gartland speculate on that propose merger?

i.e. did he favour this?

Dont know if he favoured it or not, but it seems like it was being discussed at one staged prior to the mover to summer. This lead to protests at Thrum Hall and a coffin with RIP Halifax RLFC being carried on to the pitch, again if i recall correctly.

Dont know if he favoured it or not, but it seems like it was being discussed at one staged prior to the mover to summer. This lead to protests at Thrum Hall and a coffin with RIP Halifax RLFC being carried on to the pitch, again if i recall correctly.

Thanks.

I always had it in my mind Halifax and Bradford explored a merger.

How do you think it would have gone???

Hunslet were never suggested for a Leeds merger so I didn't get to do the sit down on the pitch or coffin Mularkey.

We didn't merge but we got the coffin anyway!!!

Thanks.

I always had it in my mind Halifax and Bradford explored a merger.

How do you think it would have gone???

Hunslet were never suggested for a Leeds merger so I didn't get to do the sit down on the pitch or coffin Mularkey.

We didn't merge but we got the coffin anyway!!!

It would have been the first merger of its type in modern British rugby league where, both teams merging were fairly equal in standing. If they played in Halifax, i might have gone to watch, as i am sure if the merged side played in Bradford, more Bradford fans would have supported it. At the time Fax had finished 2nd/3rd in the last winter league, so the team itself would have been much more competitive i would have thought. It would be hard to say, if it would have been well supported. Peter Deakin was the key to the increased crowds at Bradford, so if he was invloved i am sure the crowds would have shown up, regardless of where they had based the team.

I still think, the "Halifax Blue Bulls", playing at the Shay could be a success.