Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blind side johnny

Myton on Sunday

34 posts in this topic

i don't know anything about the Myton side that we play on Sunday. Where do they stand in the BARLA pecking order and should we be fearful of any sort of upset?

This season they are third from bottom in the National Conference Premier League,only played two games,lost them both,while other teams in that league have played three or four.We should always be fearful of teams who have nothing to lose,still think we should win by thirty points.

do you think there will be any changes to the team, ie rest a couple and bring in some fringe players or will it be full strength

do you think there will be any changes to the team, ie rest a couple and bring in some fringe players or will it be full strength

We need to get first team out if you ask me. Need to try and get some confidence back and run through the moves without (hopefully) too much pressure. Loosing this one isn't worth contemplating. The repercussions for the rest of the season could be devastating.

I expect a fair bit of "squad rotation" will be in evidence.

I would take any sort of win just need to get into the draw for the next round.

Like I said on an earlier post myton wont be coming to make up the numbers, if they have a full strength squad to pick from they could give a good account of themselves, they have good halfbacks some decent forwards and their number 4 runs hard. It all depends on who plays. It has been mentioned on the NCL forum they have a few key players out having said that i would expect the lads to win and go back into the bag for the next round

Jonathan Schofield is getting a run out according to the press, I take it as it is because Colemans out.

It says a heck of a lot about fans confidence in the Rams when some posts are dubiously predicting a win. 

We will hammer Myton, and if we don't then we have big, big, big problems. 

Myton lost to Thatto who we beat 84-12 last season in the Cup. It should be a comfortable win.

heard Brown being rested

Not heard that one, I'm quite interested to see who our half back pairing would be then, ___________ and apparently Schofield as I said I read in the press, maybe gallagher at 6, I heard he's been there before.

I understand no dual registered players will be in evidence today and surmise the same will apply to those on loan. I also think this game will see a call up of squad members for first team experience (not that we have a second team, if you see what I mean).

One point here with regard to Bobbie/Bobby Goulding; his shirt number had 19, so does this mean that Callan Beckett has left the club, or do we rotate the squad numbers too?

My conservative prediction for today is:

Dewsbury 40 - 20 Myton Warriors

Att: 585.

Not heard that one, I'm quite interested to see who our half back pairing would be then, ___________ and apparently Schofield as I said I read in the press, maybe gallagher at 6, I heard he's been there before.

Kelsey the Bulldog. Are you coming to watch your new team again up at the Love Rugby League stadium today? I can save you a space behind the sticks which would also be something new to you ;)

C F

One point here with regard to Bobbie/Bobby Goulding; his shirt number had 19, so does this mean that Callan Beckett has left the club, or do we rotate the squad numbers too?.

though Goulding was in shirt 27 last week with C Beckett on bench as one of waterboys ?

The attendance will tell you more than the result

. Alot I know not off today. Anyone else not going? I reckon wel struggle to break 500 today! Expecting our worst crowd in years personally. Not playing well, cold rather, season tickets not counting, poor rugby at minute ect will be the main reasons the poor crowd aswel as it been a game against an amateur side. Challenge cup as lost its romance, hence the poor crowds all way to the final every season

Plus the recession.

It's probably more to do with the fact folk don't want to pay a tenner to watch their team hammer a a team no one has ever heard of.

I'll be there, simply because it's a split gate and seeing money go into the amateur game is worthwhile for me.

Kelsey the Bulldog. Are you coming to watch your new team again up at the Love Rugby League stadium today? I can save you a space behind the sticks which would also be something new to you ;)

Yeah, tell them if you're going Kelsey. They'll hold up the kick off until you get there.

Will they be reading out the crowd changes to the team again PM?

24 - 0 HT, Dewsbury struggling to get into any kind of rhythm due to errors and some baffling decisions.

Poor first half in all honesty, Myton have certainly come to play, but are stifled by Dewsburys defence which has been solid.

Callander Beckett played today so ha not left the club. Rumour quashed and Karl Pryce was watching and seemed in good spirits. Rested Spicer, Brown, Lillycrop, Pryce plus Wright with a cast on his leg. No dual reg.

Myton very impressive, excellent kicking game, good pack kept going and deserved their try at the end.

Rams capable performance,, kicking game was poor, started by controlling orb well but towards the end let Myton play the ball too quick and they got a roll on. Need to keep pub under control and improve the kicking game substantially.