Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blind side johnny

Myton on Sunday

34 posts in this topic

Callander Beckett played today so ha not left the club. Rumour quashed and Karl Pryce was watching and seemed in good spirits. Rested Spicer, Brown, Lillycrop, Pryce plus Wright with a cast on his leg. No dual reg.

Myton very impressive, excellent kicking game, good pack kept going and deserved their try at the end.

Rams capable performance,, kicking game was poor, started by controlling orb well but towards the end let Myton play the ball too quick and they got a roll on. Need to keep pub under control and improve the kicking game substantially.

The difference between the two sides for me was that Myton just didn't seem to have that edge where they could bust through defence, or spin out of a tackle. So everything they managed to pull off lacked that final bit of flair. They certainly played out of their skins though.

Difficult to judge Dewsbury really, their defence was solid throughout and they were trying to get the ball out wide, with some excellent tries down the wing. But players are failing to back each other up, failing to get off the line and not getting back quick enough.

All in all not a bad game and a good chance for Dewsbury to try new things against a determined Myston side.

A note for Roger: You were fantastic today with the kids - even though my lad almost beat you at an arm wrestle ;) Its the likes of you, (and the woman handing out free sweets) that do the tireless job of keeping the young ones enthusiastic about coming back. So a big thank you :)

Not just at Dewsbury though but poor crowds all round in the 3rd round. Only 700 at fev, 480 at Batley and 333 at Sheffield ...

Yeah, tell them if you're going Kelsey. They'll hold up the kick off until you get there.

Will they be reading out the crowd changes to the team again PM?

Poor crowd at the mount but we ad more than you so mer!

And doesnt Pryce get a rest when he plays ???

Good luck in the next round and you must be looking forward to being underdogs regardless of who you draw!!

Not heard that one, I'm quite interested to see who our half back pairing would be then, ___________ and apparently Schofield as I said I read in the press, maybe gallagher at 6, I heard he's been there before.

TG played half back at home against Barrow in 2010, the week before the NRC Final. Moore & Handforth were both carrying knocks, and were rested. Ian Preece (remember him?) was our other half back. Both played blinders, with TG scoring four tries. Mind you, he could play 80 minutes in those days.

Half backs - Schofield and Goulding - sounds pretty good to us old-timers!

Half backs - Schofield and Goulding - sounds pretty good to us old-timers!

Young Bobby could well be the solution to the goal kicking problem - seems like a decent halfback. Would like to see him partnered with Johnson and Brown moved to 13 - be a good triangle that IMO.

Young Bobby could well be the solution to the goal kicking problem - seems like a decent halfback. Would like to see him partnered with Johnson and Brown moved to 13 - be a good triangle that IMO.

Maybe, but I believe that he's only on a month's loan. He would be a most useful acquisition in my book as he has a good all-round kicking game.

OTOH I don't expect to see Schofield playing for us too many times in the future.

Maybe, but I believe that he's only on a month's loan. He would be a most useful acquisition in my book as he has a good all-round kicking game.

OTOH I don't expect to see Schofield playing for us too many times in the future.

Not sure JS would have made the myton side TBH. Difficult for the lad trying to live up to his dad though - he's never going to be favourably compared.