Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Attendance

andyram    153

I knew it was going to be a low one,but to get only 404 to the game was a bit of a shock,have we had one any lower in years gone by, i remember us losing to London Sk a few years back and getting around the 500 mark,the game was that bad,no player from the rams didn't get a man of the match award.

£10 was obviously still too much for some people to pay, given that we was playing against team with a 99% guaranteed win, a team no one has probably ever heard of, and off the back of weeks of poor on the field performances from the club.

All things considered, we was probably lucky to get what we did.

Im not even sure if the club charged a fiver we'd have had much of an increase in fans.

Very disappointing. It's the worst crowd wev ever had! Even the season we finished 2nd bottom of championship 1/national league 2, the lowest we could finish in the whole proffesional league ladder bar 1 place we still got 5 600.. I saw loads of missing faces and know loads who didnt bother coming with excuses of not coming being, season tickets don't count, we're playing poor and not entertaining so people made other plans and people being skint aswel as playing an amateur team in a game we was always going to win. Imsure wel be back to the 800 home fans at home to workington in afew weeks time though as challenge cup crowds are low all over today

Ramite    182

I've not seen the rest of the rounds attendance but I'm guessing they were all poor. I think even if it was a fiver in we wouldn't have got many more through the door.

Bat Lad    83

484 @ Batley with about 20 Gateshead/Cas fan's ??????????????

484 is still shocking. Ours of 404 is a complete embarrassment. Even many of the die hards didn't bother yesterday. It's not just us though with a poor challenge cup crowd. The whole knockout stages will have poor attendances until wembley itself.. Even saints Leeds at Huddersfield last year in the semi, they failed to open the main stand. It's a complete embarrassment to rugby league when you compare us to union

distantdog    861

Yes maybe but why compare us to RU?Last weeks SL attendance compared to top RU attendance. I am sire there are many lower league RU teams who are struggling for attendances.

The Crab    16

Talking of poor attendances.I can remember going to the pictures to see some Bruce Willis movie (all the same so cant remember the title) and there was only one other person in there,and he was there when I went in and still there when I left.

M Hopkins    190

I don't think lowering the price gets many more through the gates. I mean people are willing to pay £30+ to go watch Leeds United play poorly at home. (I was one of them). And we (Batley) charged full price (£15) this week and IMO got about the same crowd we would have got had it been £10.

I know clubs are strapped for cash but they need to Market themselves better.