Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viking Ste

Who do you want in the cup?

91 posts in this topic

Only the RFL could use balls numbered 1-33 for 32 teams, NO number 9 in case it gets mixed up with 6, what happened to putting dots under them.

HW

Sounds like the Nathan Brown coaching manual. No number 9, getting the 6's mixed up and using 1-33.

Hope they don't go for Cas/Leeds on the BBC on current form. I'd go Hull KR/Saints on the BBC, and one of any number for Sky - the Cumbrian clash wouldn't be a bad call.

Leeds Rhinos v. Castleford Tigers

Hull KR v. St. Helens

TV games there

Probably, wouldn't be my choices though.

London/Fev or the Cumbrian derby shoud be good for telly. Glos v Salford will be good for an upset...

Probably, wouldn't be my choices though.

Nor mine. Though I hope BBC pick HKR v Sts so Sky get the Leeds/Cas match. I'm busy on Saturday so want the Leeds match on Friday/Sunday

London/Fev or the Cumbrian derby shoud be good for telly. Glos v Salford will be good for an upset...

I just realised about London v Featherstone, haha this board is already half in meltdown on AOB, flip knows what that fixture will do!

Sadly, Wigan v Leigh is the wong way wound for the 'warm ball' aficionados. That at LSV would've been a great tie. Still, I spose the Leyther's will lie-down once again for their masters. :ph34r:

I just realised about London v Featherstone, haha this board is already half in meltdown on AOB, flip knows what that fixture will do!

They won't put that on the TV just incase we upset the apple cart. The RFL wouldn't want their beloved London turned over on TV.

Yeah, I'm so sick of London winning on tv.

You know what I meant. Losing to a SL team week in week out is nothing compared to if we turn them over. Which I think we could but I would prefer us to give them the game by default myself.

Sounds like the Nathan Brown coaching manual. No number 9, getting the 6's mixed up and using 1-33.

:lol:

Batley v Huddersfield should be a good one from the DR perspective.

Yeah I noticed that also, Wigan v Leigh too.

Yeah, I'm so sick of London winning on tv.

:lol:

Lil help from Warrington fans, I remember Keighley v Warrington from a season or two ago but is it just the twice they've been drawn together in recent seasons?

Is that three years on the bounce now that Warrington have drawn Keighley in the 4th round of the Cup?

Lil help from Warrington fans, I remember Keighley v Warrington from a season or two ago but is it just the twice they've been drawn together in recent seasons?

:D  great minds and all that!

By a happy coincidence London Broncos U19s have a home game v Featherstone that weekend. Currently at the Military Stadium in Aldershot. Now if they're still having trouble using The Stoop I wouldn't be surprised to see the Challenge Cup game staged there too. I think it could comfortably accommodate the 650 odd that attended the equivalent fixture against Dewsbury last year.

I hope for the sake of the Fev fans that do decide to travel (I doubt I will be), that a decision is made as to venue asap. If it is on tv, and I reckon it could potentially be a close game, I suspect it will be a tiny crowd. 

By a happy coincidence London Broncos U19s have a home game v Featherstone that weekend. Currently at the Military Stadium in Aldershot. Now if they're still having trouble using The Stoop I wouldn't be surprised to see the Challenge Cup game staged there too. I think it could comfortably accommodate the 650 odd that attended the equivalent fixture against Dewsbury last year.

Is that three years on the bounce now that Warrington have drawn Keighley in the 4th round of the Cup?

It is,how bizarre

I know I live in that furriner land, but did I miss something in the last New Year's Honours list?  Official press release from Toulouse Olympique below:

Le TO ira à York en 16ème de la Cup

Sir Alex Murphy, un légendaire ancien Lion britannique, a procédé au tirage des 16èmes de finale de la Challenge Cup cet après-midi (lundi 08/04) et a envoyé le Toulouse Olympique une nouvelle fois en déplacement chez un pensionnaire du Championship (2ème division anglaise), les York City Knights. Les Toulousains se déplaceront dans cette ville historique de l’Angleterre, située non loin de Leeds, le week-end du 20-21 avril.

I know I live in that furriner land, but did I miss something in the last New Year's Honours list? Official press release from Toulouse Olympique below:

Le TO ira à York en 16ème de la Cup

Sir Alex Murphy, un légendaire ancien Lion britannique, a procédé au tirage des 16èmes de finale de la Challenge Cup cet après-midi (lundi 08/04) et a envoyé le Toulouse Olympique une nouvelle fois en déplacement chez un pensionnaire du Championship (2ème division anglaise), les York City Knights. Les Toulousains se déplaceront dans cette ville historique de l’Angleterre, située non loin de Leeds, le week-end du 20-21 avril.

Translation? :D

Translation? :D

I think he means the Sir bit lol

I hope they put KR and Saints on tele. KR are one of the few sides whose support isn't that affected by TV games.

Gloucester vs Salford? I feel sorry for the Old Golds. Not much chance of making it through to the next round, and even less of a big money payday.

What am I saying? Anyone know what odds I can get on Gloucester? :(

Only the 2nd time that Town and Haven have been drawn together in the Cup, the only other time being in 1968. Should be a tasty encounter.