Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Voodooguru

Challenge cup draw.

101 posts in this topic

Yeh we're getting some very good and influential players in the middle of the field aren't we . When Connor completes his shift there we'll have most bases covered .And you can rotate to give that threat for 80 .

matty,callum and olstrum on the pitch at the same time is frightening for any team. thacks looked hungry again on sunday and him and acton will punch holes in any defence.

What about Garrad wonky !! he was superhuman yesterday, they didn't know what to do with him. :)

a joke for Donald on first hearing the draw.in reality as i say tough game and not a lot in it.

to be honest marra its the week before we both start a run of winnable league matches so i wouldn,t be surprised if both teams dont rest players for the cup match

What about Garrad wonky !! he was superhuman yesterday, they didn't know what to do with him. :)

stack has been our best player this year imo. and he was outstanding again yesterday. i was meaning more about our creative players.i was jyst pointing out that thacks was back to his old ways yesterdau.

to be honest marra its the week before we both start a run of winnable league matches so i wouldn,t be surprised if both teams dont rest players for the cup match

could only see players not quite 100% being rested. yeah the league is priority but if fit i would like to see us field a full strength team as it is derby

Is this the first meeting between the 2 clubs in the Challenge Cup?

Is this the first meeting between the 2 clubs in the Challenge Cup?

No, we have met once before on 8th February 1968 at Workington when Town won 5 - 2 in a 1st Round match.   We unfortunately lost in the 2nd Round at home to Castleford, 2 - 7.

One strange thing about Cup Draws is that even in the smaller Lancashire Cup draws the two clubs were never drawn against each other!!!!

No, we have met once before on 8th February 1968 at Workington when Town won 5 - 2 in a 1st Round match.   We unfortunately lost in the 2nd Round at home to Castleford, 2 - 7.

One strange thing about Cup Draws is that even in the smaller Lancashire Cup draws the two clubs were never drawn against each other!!!!

I remember that game well Keith, it was played midweek with an afternoon kick off and it was a mudbath, we were all bused down from school to watch it, the original game must have been called off due to the weather.

I remember the Cass game as well, they had tonnes of hay on the pitch to protect it from the frost, half of it was still on the pitch when it went ahead..........Happy days :D

Great draw for you guys and hopefully a decent money spinner before you get one of the big boys in the next round. It couldn't have been any worse for us I reckon we've got the worst draw possible

Make sure you know where your playing Gaz , their all over the place ! You can do them though.

Make sure you know where your playing Gaz , their all over the place ! You can do them though.

I know we can do em David we have got a very good chance of doing them I reckon. But will the powers at red hall let us beat them? I doubt it the ref will be told before hand I'm sure. They don't want egg on their faces at red hall and it would be even worse if we beat them on their own patch too. ( that's if they have a so called home patch

They announce the crowd changes to the team down there . Gee they're struggling .

They announce the crowd changes to the team down there . Gee they're struggling .

To be fair David I think quite a few SL clubs are in a lot of trouble its just the bulls and Salford are the first of many IMO to play their cards first. The longer c@s .london etc keep believing their fine the more chance they have of going out of exsistence I reckon. At least the bulls and Salford knew when to call the financial police in.

I know we can do em David we have got a very good chance of doing them I reckon. But will the powers at red hall let us beat them? I doubt it the ref will be told before hand I'm sure. They don't want egg on their faces at red hall and it would be even worse if we beat them on their own patch too. ( that's if they have a so called home patch ).

Are you suggesting there is a RL conspiracy to influence the results of matches? That the RFL dictate to referees  how they should referee and what result that they want?

To be fair David I think quite a few SL clubs are in a lot of trouble its just the bulls and Salford are the first of many IMO to play their cards first. The longer c@s .london etc keep believing their fine the more chance they have of going out of exsistence I reckon. At least the bulls and Salford knew when to call the financial police in.

They let you beat Cas last season, you do talk a load of tripe at times Gaz.

They let you beat Cas last season, you do talk a load of tripe at times Gaz.

C@s are not their holy grail be all and end all sun shines out of the ***** of London though are they?

Are you suggesting there is a RL conspiracy to influence the results of matches? That the RFL dictate to referees how they should referee and what result that they want?

I'm not suggesting anything Distant mate but we all know the RFL love London and will bend over backwards for them as they will never kick London out of SL even though they shouldn't be In it in the first place.

The Challenge Cup is becoming a dead duck as SL fans won't support games now against lower league clubs as they used to. Lower league clubs live in hopes of pulling a big crowd but again people know that this is a competition with very few shock results and don't bother to attend.

Whatever you think of the NRC , that's a more realistic option for our leagues clubs .

The Challenge Cup is becoming a dead duck as SL fans won't support games now against lower league clubs as they used to. Lower league clubs live in hopes of pulling a big crowd but again people know that this is a competition with very few shock results and don't bother to attend.

Not a patch on the FA cup Keith. If reds ever make it to the 2nd or 3rd round again and got Carlisle I bet that would make it onto TV

Not a patch on the FA cup Keith. If reds ever make it to the 2nd or 3rd round again and got Carlisle I bet that would make it onto TV

I will take that bet Rockerlad as there is even less interest in Cumbrian Football in the greater scheme of the game than there is in RL!!

Ok. But i can't see the reds getting to the FA cup 1st round any time soon. More chance of playing barra!

Harrogate town v Harrogate rail way made it onto TV a few season back

Yep I am still confident!

Firstly that the reds will struggle to get anywhere near the 3rd round and secondly that the TV people would consider it a tie worth airing.

At least we have the tag of being a "hotbed" of talent and a heartland of the game, which along with the fierce rivalry gave us a slim chance they would consider it.