Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

Thatcherism - The Political Debate Thread

329 posts in this topic

My analogy was nothing to do with anyone's ethos.

It was about laying the blame where it doesn't belong.

Which, come to think of it, should be an ethos that no one should want to follow.

Good to see that you managed to avoid the funeral but, like Saintslass, I'm slightly surprised that you therefore know what it was like.

Day after day the preparations, the nature if the funeral have been broadcast repeatedly in fine detail

Did something go wrong? We're the arrangements changed?

There is an argument not one I would necessarily agree with that the person is a victim of Thatcher's legacy, the ethos she created.

The things that happened at mid staffs go fundamentally against Attlee's legacy and the ethos that he and others created.

Good to see that you managed to avoid the funeral but, like Saintslass, I'm slightly surprised that you therefore know what it was like.

I didn't see it either, but I would anticipate that it went exactly as the Tory Party programmed it. It seems that it commissioned  4000 police / secret service personnel to pick up and detain anticipated troublemakers in advance of its showpiece extravaganza.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/police-raids-to-target-known-troublemakers-ahead-of-margaret-thatchers-funeral-8573414.html

Previewed? The only information given was the route taken by the courtege, the order of service and some names of those attending/taking part. You didn't watch the funeral so you have no idea what the funeral was like.

It was beautiful and extremely dignified, as were all but a mere dozen at most of the crowds lining the streets. There were thousands in the crowds by the way.

No it wasn't

The guests

The role of the military

The role of the clergy

The nature of the event

We're all described and discussed in the electronic and print media for days

Time to bury this thread now, I think, eh? :dry: