Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gav Wilson

Knights v Dewsbury

131 posts in this topic

Send us your thoughts on Sunday's game with Dewsbury Rams & you could be in the matchday magazine! Please be quick though! #13Knights

Who should play?

How should we play?

What do you think will happen?

Any good York v Dewsbury memories?

Shall we have some predictions too?

Score:

First Tryscorer:

MOM:

Att:

Ian Kirke going length of the field in that 72 - 0 ( think it was that ) win , think they were our closest challengers for the title at the time

The try in the corner and Thorman kicking the goal to win the game at their place in the last seconds.

I remember playing Dewsbury away in early 2003 and seeing this skinny little scrum half kick a superb 40-20. We signed him a few weeks later, and he's still one of the best players we've ever had in a Knights shirt.

The battle of the Browns, Simon v Aaron - who will gain the upper hand ?

Dewsbury away in 2005.Losing 14-0 at half time.Eventually winning 15-23.Daz Callahans try in the 80th minute after which he booted the ball away as hard as he could sparking wild celebrations.York were at the top with dewsbury in second spot.

Any new injuries, players coming back from injuries?.

The referee for Sunday's game with Dewsbury is Mr G Stokes.

The brawl at wiggington rd

one of rugby leagues finest fights lol

oh great the ginger whinger as ref

york victory then ;)

Stokes in charge ! That's the match spoilt then , totally incompetent is that man !

The brawl at wiggington rd

one of rugby leagues finest fights lol

oh great the ginger whinger as ref

york victory then ;)

You must have been a nipper when that game was played Coolie.

You must have been a nipper when that game was played Coolie.

Certainly before my time!

We've had some good players signed from the Rams,Danny Brough,Scott Rhodes,Terry Day, Adrian Rushton and we've also had one or two duff ones Stuart Morris who should have been sponsored by Bupa.

The referee for Sunday's game with Dewsbury is Mr G Stokes.

He will be the best referee on the Huntington Stadium pitch this sunday.

We've had some good players signed from the Rams,Danny Brough,Scott Rhodes,Terry Day, Adrian Rushton and we've also had one or two duff ones Stuart Morris who should have been sponsored by Bupa.

Matty Nicholson!

Losing 1-0 at Crown Flatt, Nigel Stephenson dropped a goal early in the first half. Going to a game at the new stadium and arriving to find the game was postponed due to some kind of worm eating the grass on the pitch. A couple of years later watching a game on a pitch resembling Rowntrees Park Lake and Brad Davies calling the touch judge a goose.

Losing 1-0 at Crown Flatt, Nigel Stephenson dropped a goal early in the first half. Going to a game at the new stadium and arriving to find the game was postponed due to some kind of worm eating the grass on the pitch. A couple of years later watching a game on a pitch resembling Rowntrees Park Lake and Brad Davies calling the touch judge a goose.

Think that's the only 1 - 0 score in pro R.L. Nigel signed for York later and won many a game for us.

I like the idea Gav. but surely this kind of thing wants to be on the Hull site and in their local paper as I wouldn't think many Hull fans would be looking at our site unless they were playing us. I'll apologise now if this has already been done!

When the similar offer was on for the York City fans for the Featherstone game I saw it in P.M.'s column in the Press but I couldn't see it mentioned in the City equivalent unless I missed it and that's where the City fans would have been most likely to have seen it. Just my thoughts on an excellent idea.

I like the idea Gav. but surely this kind of thing wants to be on the Hull site and in their local paper as I wouldn't think many Hull fans would be looking at our site unless they were playing us. I'll apologise now if this has already been done!

When the similar offer was on for the York City fans for the Featherstone game I saw it in P.M.'s column in the Press but I couldn't see it mentioned in the City equivalent unless I missed it and that's where the City fans would have been most likely to have seen it. Just my thoughts on an excellent idea.

Its been emailed over to Hull and they said they would put it on their website. York City also posted their offer online too. :)

Looks like Fordy out for a bit with his groin strain, but looks like Browny back on

Sunday plus Briscoe, Nicklas & Liam Kent for the 1st time, plus possibly 1 or 2 others

from Hull, would love to see Chris Green back with us as a replacement for Matt Nick.

Not heard anymore on Sam Scott, really need him back, as big a loss as MN for me.

Bit more info on Liam:

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/story-18663244-detail/story.html?#axzz2Q2cx5QV2

Notice there are no predictions for the game ??

Knights 24 Rams 14