Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gav Wilson

Knights v Dewsbury

131 posts in this topic

Cheers barlby

thats the lad

think steadman was in the team around that

time too...happy daze sadly missed.

Cheers barlby

thats the lad

think steadman was in the team around that

time too...happy daze sadly missed.

And I bet your kids are the same as you were then, messing about and not really bothered about the rugby, been there and got the T shirt. lol

Must say, I've never heard of him (I don't think) but if GT rates him highly then who am I to say I don't know who he is :D lets hope he scores us some tries! Shades can you tell me the difference between a strike winger and a power winger?

Think roughly it means that e.g. Browne (with power) will get you out of defence better,

Morrison (maybe quicker on his feet, sidestep etc) is more likely to take one of the few

half chances a winger may get in a game.

With Browns kicking game he should be a good signing for us, remember they played together last season at Sheffield scoring 17 tries so should know each others play.

Must say, I've never heard of him (I don't think

He scored a couple against us at home last season.

Last night I had the pleasure of speaking at Huddersfield Golf Club's Annual Dinner where the captain was a certain Andrew Ramsden. The toast to the guests was proposed by the captain's great friend Shaun Dunford. I sat in between them and remarked to Shaun that there used to be a Rugby League player with the same name. It turned out that both Shaun and Andy used to play for Dewsbury at the same time as Graham Steadman and Geoff Pryce were playing for York. They both remember well the winning 1 0 score line when Nigel Stephenson dropped a goal and, if my memory serves me right, they also played against Rochdale in a scoreless draw. Shaun also remembered the 'brawl' at Clarence Street and said that when he returned home his wife asked him what had happened as Moira Stewart had mentioned it on the main BBC news.

Well that's a good mention. Can't ask for any more than that. Let's hope a few fancy a trip over and make a day out of it. Thanks Andy.

Actually, we are a tourist city and I often wonder if enough is made of the fact like asking visiting clubs to give us a plug on their web sites or in their local papers in that respect, a bit like the Barrow publican did on our site before our game up there. How about trying to get a hotel or guest house or two to offer a weekend special deal for visiting supporters, maybe along with a reduced price match ticket or something along those lines. If a publican in Barrow thinks it's worthwhile you'd think it would be worth a go here.

What happened to the Brass Band ?.Are they playing at any more matches?

That's a great idea Clarence St. I think Ross Potter might be the man for that as it could make for good sponsorship leverage.

I'll see him at the game and take credit for the idea ;)

The Brass Band are much sought after, they'll be back though I think.

Wouldn't want to be a goalkicker or a fullback today!

At least we have good ones of each.

At least our game will be played Workingtons has been called off, pitch flooded.

Isn't he the same person? ;)

Browns not bad either. lol

We will have to rack up the points when we have the wind cause we aren't gonna get many against it .

we prob have one of the best in both them departments anyway.

They went when the pits closed

well done thatcher another legacy we live with

We will have to rack up the points when we have the wind cause we aren't gonna get many against it .

13 points to 4 into the wind. Should have been 13-0 without Tom Carr's murder ball!

Alls well that ends well though, a great performance I think!

:D