Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OMEGA

Bright Future for Castleford

47 posts in this topic

No its not a dig about replacing failing floodlights,

Watch this space, Cas to be taken over by consortium, Fulton Snr to step down, Fulton Jnr to reinvest family money, a couple of Cas legends to be involved, Tricky Dicky Wrong to go.

On the downside, Chase will be goneski before the months out and Clarke may well be close behind, money saved will be reinvested into the team immediately

Daryl Clark is a super player imo, he is one of those players you love to watch. Any team including NRL clubs would be lucky to have him.

Chase gone to where exactly?he cant get a permit

If it happens he won't need a permit

They need to get rid of Millward before they improve. That will be the biggest single step after new backers.

They need to get rid of Millward before they improve. That will be the biggest single step after new backers.

Whilst Millwards results at Wigan spoke for themselves in being abysmal, it wasn't until I read Chris Radlinski's autobiography that I realised just how bad it was!

If you've read the book, Rads goes out of his way to not speak badly about anyone (even John Dorahy), but the section on Millward, he more or less just goes to saying what happened and not offering much of an opinion. And what he said was pretty damning.

I heard it was Chase to St George and Clark to Wire.

I heard it was Chase to St George.

That can't be true as plenty of Aussies have been telling us for the last couple of years that Chase isn't up to NRL standard haven't they?

That can't be true as plenty of Aussies have been telling us for the last couple of years that Chase isn't up to NRL standard haven't they?

Neither are St George...

Will this rule Chase out of England contention then? You know, since he won't even have a work permit to play over here!

I hope so

Will this rule Chase out of England contention then? You know, since he won't even have a work permit to play over here!

Not really

You can come to the UK as a sports visitor if you are a sportsperson who wants to:

• take part in a specific event, tournament, or series of events (including charity events and exhibition matches) as an individual competitor or a member of an overseas team; or
  • join an amateur team as an amateur sportsperson (provided you receive no payment except for travel and other expenses);
  • make a personal appearance or take part in a promotion such as a book signing or television interview;
  • negotiate a contract or discuss a sponsorship deal;
  • take part in a trial (which must not be in front of an audience, either paying or non-paying);
  • do a short period of training, as an individual or as part of a team.

For example, competitors in the British Open Golf or Wimbledon, touring football and cricket teams, and boxers coming for 1 fight can all be sports visitors.

Although it does say "as a member of an overseas team", I assume that he would also be able to play for England.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/sports/requirements/

yes ian millward has left cas, a statement will confirm this soon.....   powell or kear early romoured to be next coach and further bod movements in the next few week

guessing danny orr will lead cas v widnes if the new appointed has not been made this week

I'm glad about that. I have a friend who used to be involved in the club, he's walked away because of how Millward treated him and others.

I suspect he'll be back supporting them like a shot now.

Peter Smith ‏@PeteSmithYEP 2m

Cas Tigers confirm coach Ian Millward has left the club. @CTRLFC

Peter Smith ‏@PeteSmithYEP 57s

Assistant coach Stuart Donlan has also gone. Danny Orr is in temporary charge. @CTRLFC

Given his record at Cas its pretty astonishing it didn't happen a long time ago

Mitigating circumstances and all that but still...

think people forget what he's been through this last 12 months looseing his son he could have walked away then but dint me being a fev fan hope he can now have a bit of family time and a rest away from the game

Hmm, that's too bad to hear.  I think they have a lot of good talent on the team and can still make a good showing as the season's still young.

whoever takes the job . kear powell or whoever is taking over a ###### team thats just ticking over in sl- a result of of the lack of the relegation fight, "we cant be relegated so lets hope for best" millward is good for the game and has great vision for sl, cas  however have become yet another championship team stuck in sl limbo in the lower half of the table yet again, hope dr loadacash takes him to salford he would do well there.

whoever takes the job . kear powell or whoever is taking over a ###### team thats just ticking over in sl- a result of of the lack of the relegation fight, "we cant be relegated so lets hope for best" millward is good for the game and has great vision for sl, cas  however have become yet another championship team stuck in sl limbo in the lower half of the table yet again, hope dr loadacash takes him to salford he would do well there.

Thanks for that, such words of wisdom.