Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

13/04/13 - Castleford Tigers v Widnes Vikings - KO 4.45pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Widnes Vikings
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

97 posts in this topic

Referee: R Silverwood

Touch Judge: P Brooke

Touch Judge: R Webb

Reserve: J Roberts

Match Commissioner: D Milburn

Video Referee: I Smith

Time Keeper: L Fairbank

We should win but there are several things going against us......1) we're Away......2) Cas are likely to be all fired up and out to impress now the dead wood's been cleared (the bounce back for acting coach factor).......3) I might be in attendance (kiss of death, usually)

Castleford squad: Richard Owen, Michael Shenton, Kirk Dixon, Rangi Chase, Jamie Ellis, Jonathan Walker, Daryl Clark, Craig Huby, Lee Gilmour, Weller Hauraki, Adam Milner, Nathan Massey, Oliver Holmes, Jordan Thompson, Jordan Tansey, Dan Fleming, Charlie Martin, Keith Mason, Ryan Boyle.

Danny Orr has named his first 19-man squad since taking the reins as temporary Head Coach at Castleford Tigers.

Orr makes one change to the squad that faces Widnes Vikings at the Wish Communications Stadium on Saturday afternoon with winger, Kirk Dixon replacing James Clare.  Ryan Boyle keeps his place in the side after an impressive second debut against Huddersfield Giants last weekend, while Nathan Massey also features despite leaving the field nursing an injury in the same match.

Meanwhile, Justin Carney serves the second of a two-match suspension and Jake Webster remains out with a knee injury suffered against Hull KR in March.

Temporary Head Coach, Danny Orr said that he wants the Tigers to be more consistent. “We know that we can play well, we’ve proved that against Leeds Rhinos, Catalan Dragons and Wigan Warriors this season, but the good teams do it week in, week out and we know that is where we need to get to”.

Castleford Tigers 19-man squad vs Widnes Vikings: see on this thread, above

Castleford Tigers v Widnes Vikings tickets remain available to purchase

from the club’s Carlton Lanes shop until 12noon on Saturday

or online at www.castigers.com until 4:30pm Friday (collection only).

Alternatively, call 01977 555 336.

ENDS

Brett Cullen
Media Relations Officer

Widens win here for mine.

Chase will be penalised for dissent or foul play but show some touches of genius when it's too late

Widnes squad: Patrick Ah Van, Kevin Brown, Jon Clarke, Chris Dean, Paddy Flynn, Alex Gerrard, Grant Gore, Rhys Hanbury, Phil Joseph, Ben Kavanagh, Adam Lawton, Macgraff Leuluai, Joe Mellor, Eamon O'Carroll, Jack Owens, Cameron Phelps, Steve Pickersgill, Lloyd White, Frank Winterstein.

This is probably the first away game since we rejoined Super League that we have been favourites to win although not according to the bookies! If I was looking at it dispassionately, I'd probably agree. However, I don't think it's likely to go to plan. We have shaky away form and have struggled to back it up week to week.

Saturday is the sort of game that Cas will want to use to show that there is fight left at the club. The crowd will be small and it might not be pretty but I think the desire will certainly be there from Cas. If they lost at home to us, regardless of any improvement we have shown then it would look really bad for the club.

From a Widnes POV, this is the sort of game we have to win if are we to shake off the doubts that we only play well because of the ipitch.

Widnes squad: Patrick Ah Van, Kevin Brown, Jon Clarke, Chris Dean, Paddy Flynn, Alex Gerrard, Grant Gore, Rhys Hanbury, Phil Joseph, Ben Kavanagh, Adam Lawton, Macgraff Leuluai, Joe Mellor, Eamon O'Carroll, Jack Owens, Cameron Phelps, Steve Pickersgill, Lloyd White, Frank Winterstein.

No Cahill or Hock, not surprised as they limped off but they'll be a big loss. We're very light in the forwards without Cahill or Cross.

No Cahill or Hock, not surprised as they limped off but they'll be a big loss. We're very light in the forwards without Cahill or Cross.

Cahill out for around two months I read on sky sports news yesterday.

(general info, I assume Max already knew)

I think Widnes look like a team that's becoming more and more comfortable in itself, and will have too much for Cas, who look pretty rudderless. A problem with a maverick star half back is that structure can be sacrificed as a consequence.

We should win but there are several things going against us......1) we're Away......2) Cas are likely to be all fired up and out to impress now the dead wood's been cleared (the bounce back for acting coach factor).......3) I might be in attendance (kiss of death, usually)

More like 1)We're away 2)We're away 3)We're away

Rumoured to be Rangis last ever game for Cas

He'll have an absolute stormer and get sent off

Cas by 24

What does anyone think the crowd will be? it cannot be as bad or lower than last week,right now i am in the english pub in Spain watching Quins v Bath and its packed so RU does not seem to have a problem with attracting decent crowds on a saturday afternoon but we do.

I will check later as after the rah rah its MILLWALL v WIGAN.

We are Millwall super Millwall super Millwall of the den no one likes us no one likes us no one likes us we dont care:))))))

CM

them pints in Spain must be strong ;)

Whoever picked this camera angle for Jon Wells' interview needs a pay rise! :D

Great thinking by Pickersgill. Knew what he was doing. Communicated to his teammates. Executed brilliantly.

Can't believe Phil Clarke is calling it negative play. It earned his team about 70 metres of field position! If it had been Sinfield or Tomkins, they'd have been ejaculating at the sheet brilliance if thought. A great piece of play completely brushed away by idiots on microphones.

To be fair the rest of the team berated him for his silly comment