Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

13/04/13 - Castleford Tigers v Widnes Vikings - KO 4.45pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Widnes Vikings
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

97 posts in this topic

Great thinking by Pickersgill. Knew what he was doing. Communicated to his teammates. Executed brilliantly.

Can't believe Phil Clarke is calling it negative play. It earned his team about 70 metres of field position! If it had been Sinfield or Tomkins, they'd have been ejaculating at the sheet brilliance if thought. A great piece of play completely brushed away by idiots on microphones.

Would of been good play but I don't think he got his foot down quick enough so should of been a drop out.

Both sides defending poorly

Yep........this could end up 38 - 42 at this rate

Would of been good play but I don't think he got his foot down quick enough so should of been a drop out.

I thought it looked simultaneous.....not sure what the implication of that would be though

Nice ball from chase that.....they'll go down that side all day if we're not careful

I thought it looked simultaneous.....not sure what the implication of that would be though

I think simultaneous would be ok but for me he was a fraction late. Can't be 100% sure maybe they'll look at it at halftime.

Great thinking by Pickersgill. Knew what he was doing. Communicated to his teammates. Executed brilliantly.

Can't believe Phil Clarke is calling it negative play. It earned his team about 70 metres of field position! If it had been Sinfield or Tomkins, they'd have been ejaculating at the sheet brilliance if thought. A great piece of play completely brushed away by idiots on microphones.

It sounded like Clarke was criticsing the rule itself rather than what Pickersgill did. He has a point.

After watching Souths and Melbourne this morning, I dread to think what either of those would do to these teams. 42 points in 32 mins are far too many.

Sorry this is rubbish.

Decent kick off bounces dead. Chase & Owen look at each other.

Awful drop out. Handbags from the Clarks/es

Ball moved & try out wide, too simple.

Eight tries already, most of them soft stuff.

:lol:

How the hell didthey not pick up on that pass!!!!! Thats gone 5 metres forward!!

Two teams that don't like to defend that much but can at least chuck a ball about a bit

Quite an amusing first half......not exactly a game for fans of defence. Widnes half made less mistakes ball in hand and that's perhaps why we're leading

:lol:

How the hell didthey not pick up on that pass!!!!! Thats gone 5 metres forward!!

More than that!

I really like the way Widnes are improving generally. Give them a couple of years and some good signings and they'll be we'll established in the top half of the table.

Serves Ah Van right! I hate it when players mess about when they still have the ball in their hands. If you want to push and shove, wait until you play the ball.

I really like the way Widnes are improving generally. Give them a couple of years and some good signings and they'll be we'll established in the top half of the table.

I actually think they have a chance this year the way they have been playing. They are only 3 points off at the moment and have given teams above them good games. It's a win for franchising IMO.

Amateurish and unprofessional stuff from first Ah Van then the handbags

It's very good for the game. I spent many of my formative years at school being looked down upon by my Widnes friends among the woolly back community, then there was a wonderful period of parity when the 2 teams were arguably the best in the world. A strong Widnes is very good for the game.

It sounded like Clarke was criticsing the rule itself rather than what Pickersgill did. He has a point.

He called it negative play. It was the rest if the team that suggested he should blame the rule.