Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

13/04/13 - Salford City Reds v Hull FC - KO 3pm

Who will win?   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford City Reds
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 posts in this topic

Sign of a champion side, looking poor and winning.

Lol. You'll be nailed on for the grand final in that case.

Lol. You'll be nailed on for the grand final in that case.

Damn, I was rather hoping for a serious bite or two, tbh.

No Aussies or Kiwis either today. Only one not Brit Fages.

6 from our academy as well future could become good.

Thats great to see, i fear Noble will stuff it all up though. 

Scrappy game that Hull never looked like losing tbh.

The Horne / Heremaia partnership seems to be working and Horne dusted off the cobwebs and showed some class.

For Salford the arrival of Noble is one thing and I expect them to improve - but it's going to take more than Bri, to get them up into the 8.

More injuries for Hull. Arundel expected to be out for two months. Luckily Yeaman is expected to be fit again in two weeks to face Wigan (as well as Ellis) so we should be covered.

But it seems the injury curse has struck again! Currently both our centres, both our half backs and both our second rowers are injured (and our top two goal kickers and two star signings are in that list).

How come Leeds never get injuries?! It's a bloody RFL conspiracy!

Scrappy game that Hull never looked like losing tbh.

The Horne / Heremaia partnership seems to be working and Horne dusted off the cobwebs and showed some class.

For Salford the arrival of Noble is one thing and I expect them to improve - but it's going to take more than Bri, to get them up into the 8.

A makeshift half back combination and a team full of youngsters. Got to be pleased with the two points. Gentle is doing a very good job with the players he has available. 

What bearing did the conditions have on the game? I understand the weather wasn't as nice as it was over here on the sunny side of the country.

Neither side looked great, but you couldn't fault the commitment from both sets of players. I am not despondent about Salford on that showing. We are getting better. Slowly, admittedly, but the improvement is there. We defended better than we have done and Hull had to work for their scores. What I think we do lack is some variety in our attack. We seem to have one play and other teams have sussed it now. Broughton's try came from trying something different. I wish we had the guts to try stuff like that earlier in the game. Of course, it might not work earlier, but I'd still like to see us try something like that.

Anyway, well done to Hull. Hope to see you guys for a drink before the games on 7th July.

And perfectly timed, I had just turned to my husband and said we need Jodie to go the length of the field and over the Sneyd kick comes . Shame we left it so late to try these things.

That try by Broughton was spectacular.

Can't help thinking Danny Williams,had he been fully fit,but had returned for the 3rd time this season after a hamstring/quad injury,would have scored a similar effort earlier in the 2nd half.He had also suffered a facial injury earlier in the game.

Ben Crooks' effort was better. Now that was a length of the field effort.  :P

Saw a picture of Danny's cut, rather deep cut. Think he ended up with 7 stitches.

Ben Crooks' effort was better. Now that was a length of the field effort.  :P

And it was against thirteen men.

Saw a picture of Danny's cut, rather deep cut. Think he ended up with 7 stitches.

Was that when he collided with Arundel on the 40m line in the build-up to Crooks' try?

(1 minute and 33 seconds into the YouTube video)