Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

14/04/13 - Bradford Bulls v Wigan Warriors - KO 3pm

Who will win?   22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bradford Bulls
    • Wigan Warriors
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 posts in this topic

Referee: T Roby

Touch Judge: C Kendall

Touch Judge: M Kidd

Reserve: A Bentham

Match Commissioner: I McGregor

In Goal: N Walker

In Goal: G Towey

Time Keeper: L Fairbank

As long as Charnley and Richards, and possibly O'loughlin  are back, and we manage to keep up the intensity in the forwards I think Wigan should win this. That said I do think our young pack will run out of steam at some point this season. 

Also Sam seems to have really risen to the challenge of being captain.

This should be an excellent game. 2 strong teams defying expectations this year. Some great young players especially in the forwards. And 2 British coaches who are showing real potential.

I voted before I read that Tim Roby was reffing.

It will be a layingonathon and standing offside will be optional.

this game will be very hard bradford are a decent outfit this year. if we keep hold of the ball use it well cut out alot of mistakes we should go on and win. but dont count the bulls out very capable of a upset 32.18 wigan i predict. with mossop and hannsen back its a huge bonus kids have done fantastic for us over easter etc and due to the injuries were looking good now they are slowly comming back.

Bradford squad: James Donaldson, Adam Sidlow, Jamie Langley, Manase Manuokafoa, Luke Gale, Brett Kearney, Nick Scruton, Heath L'Estrange, Adrian Purtell, Keith Lulia, Elliott Whitehead, Elliot Kear, Jarrod Sammut, Danny Addy, Tom Olbison, Chev Walker, Ben Evans, Michael Platt, Matt Diskin.

Wigan squad: Josh Charnley, Dom Crosby, Gil Dudson, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Darrell Goulding, Blake Green, Harrison Hansen, Jack Hughes, Michael McIlorum, Lee Mossop, Sean O'Loughlin, Sam Powell, Pat Richards, Matty Smith, Scott Taylor, Iain Thornley, Logan Tomkins, Sam Tomkins.

Who knows with this Bradford side. The biggest of all the big tests so far, perform here and I think a marker is set for the season. I was really disappointed when I saw Roby had been put in charge, and I fear a similar thumping like we received at home to St Helens with this referee (10-36), I really hope not but Wigan are the masters of the slow ruck. However, they are not invincible and after seeing some of the good rugby and belief in this squad then even though I go to the game more in slim hope than expectation, a performance would do for me.

That is pretty much a full Wigan team. Only Prescott unfit. Our backs have gelled superbly and will be hard to stop. I hope this gets the big crowd it deserves.

Who knows with this Bradford side. The biggest of all the big tests so far, perform here and I think a marker is set for the season. I was really disappointed when I saw Roby had been put in charge, and I fear a similar thumping like we received at home to St Helens with this referee (10-36), I really hope not but Wigan are the masters of the slow ruck. However, they are not invincible and after seeing some of the good rugby and belief in this squad then even though I go to the game more in slim hope than expectation, a performance would do for me.

Hard to disagree with any of this really. I certainly agree with the fact I wouldn’t be surprised if we came away having been thumped or getting the win!

In terms of the league this is the start of a pretty tough run with Warrington, Leeds and Huddersfield making up three of the following four fixtures so keeping it close here should be a confidence boost even if it doesn’t result in a win.

Good run of games from here now gradually building towards the Rhinos game in a few weeks.

Tough ask the Warriors at the moment, top and at full strength. Still, we're playing we'll and scoring points and Wigan's defence last week wasn't exactly good.

Bulls by 1

30 - 0 hat trick for 'The Ginger Pearl'. HT, all Wigan by the sounds of it.

Bradford down to 12, Whitehead sin binned after a team warning. Last 5 minutes. Still 6 -36.

6 - 36 FT

Bradford managed to draw the second half 6 -6. :)

Feck. :angry:

But to say I saw it coming would be an understatment. Wigan were good, very clinical but not exceptional. It's no wonder why they're say at the top of the league. We're missing a real impact prop, someone who won't stop at the line, and we were very sloppy at times, the wind took at least three kick offs out on the full either over the side line or in-goal line and too much dropped ball to be a real threat, an improved second half from the Jekyll and Hyde Bulls make no mistake that Wigan didn't put the cue on the rack, and I don't think Wane will admit to that, but we stopped letting Farrell waltz through the line as much! Some experienced players let the Bulls down in Walker, Langley and to an extent Kearney who wasn't brilliant. We're not looking at top 3, we're looking at 6-8 so a loss yes, but not the drubbing of last season against an arguably more composed Wigan this season. Still, time to look back through the thread for the expected swipes! :rolleyes: