Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

14/04/13 - Huddersfield Giants v Hull KR - KO 3pm

Who will win?   8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Hull KR
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 posts in this topic

Rovers only got anywhere near scoring thanks to the Giants giving them possession in our 30

Usually on the back of a dodgy Halibut decision - their last try for example came from an offside penalty that he had ignored for 75 mins

Giants on the other hand never looked like losing

A stronger ref would have seen a lower score for HKR and a bigger one for Hudds

Rovers only got anywhere near scoring thanks to the Giants giving them possession in our 30

Usually on the back of a dodgy Halibut decision - their last try for example came from an offside penalty that he had ignored for 75 mins

Giants on the other hand never looked like losing

A stronger ref would have seen a lower score for HKR and a bigger one for Hudds

Hmmm.

The ever reliable and completely unbiased Chris Park of Blunderside said Hudds had 7 penalties on the bounce in this game.

Sandercock on Humberside laying the blame to the first half performance on a 7 nil penalty count against Rovers.

Ant might tell us what sort of penalty count a "stronger ref" would have given perhaps.

Rovers were shockingly offside, laying on and towards the end of the first half getting quite dirty

To be fair to Alibert he was consistent for 75 mins in ignoring everything but hands in the ruck or crossing but given the Giants were by far the better team the slow ruck and offsides helped Rovers far more

Sandercock on Humberside laying the blame to the first half performance on a 7 nil penalty count against Rovers.

Rovers could have been penalised at every tackle IMO.

Rovers were shockingly offside

Next time you watch the Giants play, and you think the opposition are "shockingly offside", have a look at your own team's defensive line when they haven't got the ball.

I think you'll find it quite illuminating.

And as I hope you should already know, I'm no fan of Hull KR.

Another week and another ref bashing! :rolleyes:

Oh for the most part Alibert was consistent and evenly handed through the game - his one offside penalty on 75 was bloody galling given he'd ignored it all game - and yes for both sides

The point of my comments was in response to Sandercock blaming the penalty count when he's lucky it wasn't much higher

Oh dear oh dear rovers fans not very good this is it!!! We're are you in the league up the black and whites

Oh dear oh dear rovers fans not very good this is it!!! We're are you in the league up the black and whites

Bit naughty that but it made me smile.

Very entertaining game i thought, both sides playing a similar game, I also thought HKR were offside all game, but that was made to look worse because the Giants are so slow at moving up themselves, Giants got a lot of penalties on the bounce, and HKR did in the second half, Both defences left a lot to be desired, I thought HKR were pretty decent myself especially the forwards, Giants had one or two players that stood out, Lunt, Ferres, Eorl. and that was the difference for me. HKR only had Eden in the backs that really caught the eye, Why the Giants let him go is baffling, Yes he can drop some clangers, ( not today ) but he is exiting going forward and taking the line on, he is going to be a top player. Poor crowd but what's new, Master class of Goalkicking in very windy condition from Brough and Dobson well done both sides, i enjoyed the game.

Yeah Eden played very well today

I'd say difference was our backs

Wardle & Ferres had the rovers right side utterly terrified when they ran at them and on the other side Cudjoe was making Whelam look like a rookie armature

Crabtree was utterly immense though

Sandercock's like a broken record. He seemed completely unwilling to accept that there was any other factor in the defeat other than the referee.

Radio Humberside's Lee Richardson clearly thought he was talking ###### but was too polite to put it that way. 

Sandercock's like a broken record. He seemed completely unwilling to accept that there was any other factor in the defeat other than the referee.

Radio Humberside's Lee Richardson clearly thought he was talking ###### but was too polite to put it that way.

He sounds like a man who already knows his fate.

It seems the slhighlights person has removed the video for this game, I'll update it if/when the video is restored.

We were beaten by a side that possess real quality halves, players who run get lines, hit gaps and can offload extremely well.

I was very impressed with Huddersfield but also impressed with our 100% effort and endeavour. We gave it everything and simply came up short against a side who I may have a few quid on finishing top of the pile come playoff time.

Alibert was poor in parts. He missed a blatant forward pass for a Huddersfield try and (although I'd have to watch it again) gave a scrum to Huddersfield despite Rovers utilising the 'free play' rule after a Huddersfield error.

We have much to improve on though. We gave away 7 penalties in 20 minutes and I think at one point the penalty count was 11-1 against us - you can't tell me the ref is at fault for that.

You only have to read this thread to see how a home and away supporter view the official. Ant's side won and he thought the official was poor against his side. My team lost and I think Alibert made a couple of gaffs.

I am a huge supporters of officials and improving standards and yesterday highlighted to me that, although I never bag official or divulge in vitriolic tirades of abuse at the man in the middle like we see quite often at games, standards must improve.

Alibert was poor in parts. He missed a blatant forward pass for a Huddersfield try and (although I'd have to watch it again) gave a scrum to Huddersfield despite Rovers utilising the 'free play' rule after a Huddersfield error.

I was confused by that one initially, but as the scrum was forming he signalled to the Rovers players (rightly complaining) that the ball was actually stripped one on one, so the play on and subsequent scrum was the right call - HKR got the ball not through a giants mistake but their own efforts, Giants defence then snuffed that effort out

It's been noted that the Giants defence switched off - perhaps because they never doubted they could score plenty - against a team like Rovers that's a bit scuicidal - they have a lot of running and a dazzling to watch in the red zone with the number of ball runners they have

At 22-0 though came the turning point, one dropped ball due to overplaying it and trying to score on every play let Rovers have a sniff

What is pleasing is last year we'd have lost this game

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. With it being up the other end of the pitch we were a bit confused as to what had happened.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. With it being up the other end of the pitch we were a bit confused as to what had happened.

Yeah I thought he'd dropped a clanger too, he maybe doesn't do himself many favours due to his lack of clear signals

That pass back inside to Grix to break through for Lunt's first try was as good as you'll see anywhere