Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

NRL - Round 6

Which game are you most looking forward to?   8 members have voted

1. 1. Which game are you most looking forward to?

• Brisbane Broncos v North Queensland Cowboys
    • Sydney Roosters v Canterbury Bulldogs
    • Newcastle Knights v Penrith Panthers
    • Canberra Raiders v New Zealand Warriors
    • South Sydney Rabbitohs v Melbourne Storm
    • Manly Sea Eagles v Cronulla Sharks
    • Wests Tigers v St George Illawarra Dragons
    • Gold Coast Titans v Parramatte Eels

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 posts in this topic

Really enjoying this. looks a great atmosphere.

Good try to Widdop, he is far better than many believe in England.

Good try to Widdop, he is far better than many believe in England.

Oh, we know he's good. It's just that there's a Kiwi pinching money off the worst team in SL so England are covered for stand-off thanks.

Maybe I look at it too simply but if the world's best Rugby League team (no matter how you judge it) think he is good enough to play 6 for them, then he is probably good enough to play 6 for England.

Maybe I look at it too simply but if the world's best Rugby League team (no matter how you judge it) think he is good enough to play 6 for them, then he is probably good enough to play 6 for England.

I agree.

Great run from GB to create the space for the try out wide for Souths

What a great game although I think it has to be said despite Souths being my favourite NRL side that Melbourne looked a level up from them. They just looked more clinical, with more ideas and more likely to win all game.

Isn't it great when RL is like that, full pelt with 32,000 screaming fans. It's hard to think that their first meeting in 1998 was in front of just 5,000. Just shows what a big name (Russell Crowe) can do to a club.

great game and atmosphere. No other sport for me, can offer the excitment and drama that our games offers. Melbourne look so strong despite again losing a couple of first graders from last year

To borrow from the Phil "Gus" Gould lexicon - "wow!"

Sam Burgess was a man possessed in that second half and George ran with such explosive power that I have not seen bettered by any other NRL forward. (Just an aside, it's a sad indictment on the afterthought that international football appears to have become that the commentary team - which is one of my favourites - didn't seem to know that it is England and not GB that George Burgess might be playing for later this year).

A wonderful atmosphere and historically a very good attendance - but it still disappoints me that, on the latter point, the premier sport in Sydney with the kind of profile football has over here still lags so far behind its counterpart of the AFL in Melbourne. The equivalent fixture in the latter would have attracted 80000-90000 at the MCG...

To borrow from the Phil "Gus" Gould lexicon - "wow!"

Sam Burgess was a man possessed in that second half and George ran with such explosive power that I have not seen bettered by any other NRL forward. (Just an aside, it's a sad indictment on the afterthought that international football appears to have become that the commentary team - which is one of my favourites - didn't seem to know that it is England and not GB that George Burgess might be playing for later this year).

A wonderful atmosphere and historically a very good attendance - but it still disappoints me that, on the latter point, the premier sport in Sydney with the kind of profile football has over here still lags so far behind its counterpart of the AFL in Melbourne. The equivalent fixture in the latter would have attracted 80000-90000 at the MCG...

The people from Melbourne are a very different breed to those from Sydney and Brisbane (who are similar)

They have a totally different lifestyle and culture than the Northern Cities.

The people from Melbourne are a very different breed to those from Sydney and Brisbane (who are similar)

They have a totally different lifestyle and culture than the Northern Cities.

i went to melbourne when on my RLWC08 tour...very different to sydney & brisbane....melbourne seemed more " northern hemisphere"....i even described it as a across between manchester & new york.....loved it

Go Raiders?

EDIT: I was actually invited to a Storm/Bunnies box tonight through work so I of course obliged, but I would've made the trip down to Canberra for Campo's return otherwise. I'll look to go down for the Test on Friday now.

I did listen to Matt King speak at the pre-game function tonight and he made a point that he really hopes more Super League players come across because he knows there's a lot of talent there to succeed here. He actually said that all they're taught there is to wear long spikes in the mud, hah. But said that once they get here and are drilled on the fundamentals, their games improve rapidly. His words.

Parramatta looked to have this one sewn up, but the titans have stormed back....

There are a lot of teams getting nilled this season.

7 NRL teams have been nilled so far this season....