Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bedlam breakout

players you had a "soft spot " for

111 posts in this topic

mine would always be gary moorby at leeds, maybe not an international sensation or trail blazing rl celeb but a good honest grafting week in week out modest 2nd rower who always gave 100% - always thought he was a little under rated too.

Radlinski

he was quite high profile though, thinking more of players who didnt get the accolades you think they should have

Gary Broadbent, I know it's abit biased but he was the most solid full back I've seen in my life, never truly got the recognition he deserved.

Gary Broadbent, I know it's abit biased but he was the most solid full back I've seen in my life, never truly got the recognition he deserved.

good one, forgot bout him but now you mention it yes

Ian sherratt was always good to watch for oldham, Duncan platt had a certain appeal too.

Sonny nickle and Roy Powell.

was he the leeds winger who went to bradford? am i getting mixed up again?

No you're not. Berated for one dodgy GB appearance for the rest of his career.

Terry Bilsbury, David Eckerskey, Mick Yogi Hogan Leigh

Sonny nickle and Roy Powell.

now u mention roy , my mrs always had a soft spot for hughie waddel - she always felt sorry for him for some reason and refered to him as "poor hughie waddel"

Ryan Bailey.

He's just misunderstood.

For me in the SL era it has to be our current player welfare officer Paul Highton. Nothing flashy about Paul but always played the game like a fan with talent.

Gary Broadbent might not have caught a pig in an alley but was always maintained his standards at Salford.

As a kid growing up watching haven, I had a soft spot for big Reg Dunn and billy fisher.

mine would always be gary moorby at leeds, maybe not an international sensation or trail blazing rl celeb but a good honest grafting week in week out modest 2nd rower who always gave 100% - always thought he was a little under rated too.

Very decent person in real life also

Clive Sullilvan - he'd always be game for a chat when he was lining up for the kick off at the top end at Fev. I always thought Roy Powell was very underated.  I remember standing on the St Michaels Lane terrace at Headingley, Fev were playing Leeds and Leeds were struggling, Roy Powell was clearly the best player in a Leeds shirt, but for some reason the Leeds fans around me were slagging him off something terrible.

Brendon Tuuta. Didn't know how to give less than 100% and pound for pound the hardest player I've ever seen. Silky skills combined with his no nonsense style of play were a joy to behold. Don't make em like him anymore.