Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saint Billinge

What puts a spark in your life?

96 posts in this topic

That bright yellow thing in the sky. At least, I think so, but my memory's not what it was.

That bright yellow thing in the sky. At least, I think so, but my memory's not what it was.

You've been away from Yorkshire for too long.

It's the Air Ambulance.

Being single, homeless and jobless...and approaching the big 4-0  :D

I was fed up with everything last year....my relationship broke up, I didn't like where I lived and I was miserable at work...so I quit...I'm  now spending the year seeing a bit of the world and couldn't be happier.

So far I've spent two months volunteering with orangutans in Borneo, had a bit of time in the Philippines, a short break in Singapore...popped back to Aus for a couple of gigs.....and am now getting ready to head off to Africa for three months overlanding down the east coast.

It's only travelling that seems to give me any satisfaction at the moment...god knows where or when I'll settle down, or what I'm going to do for the rest of my life...but I'll worry about that down the track  :D

Been alone with my laptop searching the xxxx sites!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm more of a Foster's fan myself...

So far I've spent two months volunteering with orangutans in Borneo,...

You should have signed up to be a volunteer at the World Cup, pretty much the same thing if you're in Hull. :D

You should have signed up to be a volunteer at the World Cup, pretty much the same thing if you're in Hull. :D

orangutangs are intelligent :ph34r:

orangutangs are intelligent :ph34r:

Oi you two...I'm from Hull :D  

Maybe that's what attracted me to the orangs....

Oi you two...I'm from Hull :D  

Maybe that's what attracted me to the orangs....

Y'know I did wonder why I so randomly plumped for that city...

So far I've spent two months volunteering with orangutans in Borneo, had a bit of time in the Philippines, a short break in Singapore...popped back to Aus for a couple of gigs.....and am now getting ready to head off to Africa for three months overlanding down the east coast.

The "Di" isn't short for Dian Fossey is it?

;)  :)

Taking a punt on an album I haven't heard and it being really good.

Being single, homeless and jobless...and approaching the big 4-0  :D

I was fed up with everything last year....my relationship broke up, I didn't like where I lived and I was miserable at work...so I quit...I'm  now spending the year seeing a bit of the world and couldn't be happier.

It's only travelling that seems to give me any satisfaction at the moment...god knows where or when I'll settle down, or what I'm going to do for the rest of my life...but I'll worry about that down the track  :D

Enjoy the moment Di and be happy. Let's face it, the future never arrives!

Watching my lad play football or rugby. In his 2nd ever rugby game he absolutely smashed another lad and I was surprised how happy it made me.

Riding a wave on my board. When I catch one just right the grin won't come off my face. Amazing feeling!

My wife - her smile brings me joy. She's beaten cancer twice so I know how lucky I am to still have her in my life. My best friend!

Wiring summat up incorrectly often does it for me.

I was at CPL down Scully Lane earlier. I've had plenty of my sparks in my life this afty.

Forgot to ask them if the yard lights were still working.

Booking a holiday.

Taking a good (to me ) photo.

Taking a portrait photo of someone and they say that they like it (people often don't like their own image).

Stepping off an aeroplane in a foreign country.

Getting the first glimpse of St.Ives as you drive down the coast road through Carbis Bay after a 350 mile journey.

Enjoy the moment Di and be happy. Let's face it, the future never arrives!

Seconded

Landing on the Tarmac at Manchester airport knowing that at last you are in the most beautiful and diverse country in the world.

Landing on the Tarmac at Manchester airport knowing that at last you are in the most beautiful and diverse country in the world.

That usually depresses me until I actually get home. Then you get that warm feeling of home, things you know and your own bed.

Booking a holiday.

Taking a good (to me ) photo.

Taking a portrait photo of someone and they say that they like it (people often don't like their own image).

Stepping off an aeroplane in a foreign country.

Getting the first glimpse of St.Ives as you drive down the coast road through Carbis Bay after a 350 mile journey.

Visiting St. Ives for the first time, the view looking down from the hill took my breath away. Simply fell in love with the place. 

I once thought that after travelling back from the Middle East. We do have a most beautiful country to be proud of. 

I once thought that after travelling back from the Middle East. We do have a most beautiful country to be proud of. 

You're right there. Although I now live in Australia I always love going back to the UK.

Last year I went over for a holiday with my ex-boyfriend, who is an Aussie and never been to the UK, and seeing the country through the eyes of someone seeing it for the first time really made me appreciate just how beautiful it is.

He couldn't get over the history of the place, and he absolutely loved Robin Hoods Bay....funny how you take places for granted when they are so familiar.

You're right there. Although I now live in Australia I always love going back to the UK.

Last year I went over for a holiday with my ex-boyfriend, who is an Aussie and never been to the UK, and seeing the country through the eyes of someone seeing it for the first time really made me appreciate just how beautiful it is.

He couldn't get over the history of the place, and he absolutely loved Robin Hoods Bay....funny how you take places for granted when they are so familiar.

I go hiking on a regular basis and never cease to be amazed at our stunning countryside. All being well, once Jessica is walking I'll be buying her some walking boots.  :)

Having lived in Aus for 2amd a bit years, I really do apreciate how beautiful and diverse this little island is