Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Vinnie and James

23 posts in this topic

yes it was bad but 8 games seriously. thats ridiculous.

I just seen Slamming Sam Stewart fre Broughtooooonmoors comment on the jam forum wid a smiley face, well he wont be gan to the darkside now will he :D  :D  fully deserves the 8, cotter ran in wid fists flying so suppose he will have to take his punishment. :angry:

Cotter wont get 8 matches.   He is charged with a grade D offence which carries a 3 - 5 match penalty.    Anderson is charged with a grade F offence which carries an 8+ or a set period of suspension.    The other French player Pau is charged with a grade B offence which is 1 - 2 matches and I think he threw more punches than anyone!!!!!!

I'm sorry but I have kids and all that and get the impressionable angle and all that but I think they should give them a game each and just forget about it. It's all part of the game in my eyes. Anyone that's ever played the game knows how easy it is for the red mist to come down even on the most placid player, I'd like to bet neither player bears a grudge over it. Nowt wrong with a bit of a scrap now and again, It's hardly like the Gateshead game where it was all on for a sustained period, just a storm in a teacup IMO.

Running off the pitch and smacking a player from behind is pretty bad in my eyes and deserves much more than a set to on the pitch

Anyone know what Cotter said to him???

I'd gone seconds before this incident so I can't comment , it's being dealt with , but I do find it completely ridiculous that throwing

a punch is an automatic red card nowadays in our game . A bit of humpty now and again used to be all part of the testosterone fuelled

fun and part of the physical battle . I still watch great Origin punch ups on YouTube ! Not politically correct but there you go .

Running off the pitch and smacking a player from behind is pretty bad in my eyes and deserves much more than a set to on the pitch

Anyone know what Cotter said to him???

I called him a Jameater :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The French prop Tyrone Pau, sin-binned against us, accepted an early guilty plea and got 1 match suspension.

3 Matches for James Robinson then,anyone know  what  Vinnie Anderson got?

5 games and £50 fine. Tony h just tweeted

should have been 8 games.

I know. I bet cotter would have got 8 being in andrsons position

Really? Why's that then?

i think the 3 games should of been the maximum for both players.

I do . Unsavoury but temporary and things like this have happened in our game down the decades - look at Blair and Stewart on you tube having a similar go on the sidelines in the NRL . We're over sanitising our game in my opinion. No shoulder charge , penalties for dominant defence , zero tolerance on punching etc . Ridiculous .Fights happen and always will . Part of the testosterone , part of the entertainment . give it and take it , accept it and move on .Bad tackles are far worse . And big bans aren't gonna stop the red mist descending anyway .

Bousquets elbow was as serious as you get on a rugby field! Good result for Anderson not so much Cotter probably shows what a personal appearance and a high profile Lawyer can do for you

That's the point . Disciplinary procedures should concentrate their heavy sanctions on blatantly underhand and thuggish challenges and tackles . Irony that they often get dealt with leniently .

Bousquets elbow was as serious as you get on a rugby field! Good result for Anderson not so much Cotter probably shows what a personal appearance and a high profile Lawyer can do for you

You are right, gilly, I thought the French prop Pau threw as many punches as anyone and he only got 1 match!!!!

How do they work these things out ???? The disciplinary procedure is a mystery .