Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kenilworth Tiger

World Cup volunteers

54 posts in this topic

Firstly, what a very professional set up the interviews were. The communication in the lead up to it, the venue and the feel good factor of everybody there were all first class.

anyway, I'm in! dead chuffed and really can't wait.

anybody else involved?

Firstly, what a very professional set up the interviews were. The communication in the lead up to it, the venue and the feel good factor of everybody there were all first class.

anyway, I'm in! dead chuffed and really can't wait.

anybody else involved?

A professional set up? And you got in?  :blink:

I take it that no CRB checks are carried out then.  :D

A professional set up? And you got in?  :blink:

I take it that no CRB checks are carried out then.  :D

Fella who interviewed me tipped me off " Put Hull down and you're in - no other ###### wants to work there"

...and the feel good factor of everybody there were all first class.

How many (-ish) where there*? A few? Dozens? More than will turn up to Wheldon Rd tomorrow? :ph34r:

(* I'm not sure where 'there' was!)

How many (-ish) where there*? A few? Dozens? More than will turn up to Wheldon Rd tomorrow? :ph34r:

(* I'm not sure where 'there' was!)

It's the "Wish Communications Stadium"

Anyway, difficult to know as all the interviews had a specific time slot. Mine was at 6pm so no idea how many had gone through during the day.

I was told that they were looking for 1,000 volunteers in total

Congratulations mate, and to anyone else who's involved. I hope you all have the month of your lives!

What does being a volunteer entail?

(A friend of mine was an Olympic Games Maker and I don't even know what she did!)

What does being a volunteer entail?

(A friend of mine was an Olympic Games Maker and I don't even know what she did!)

it depends on what role you're given

I'm hoping for a role that would involve giving information out to fans. this way I can see what top they're wearing before deciding the best repsonse to give! 

Roles could be simply pointing fans to the right gates etc, getting fans to the gournd from a train station all the way up to Team liaison officer,, hospitality assistant etc etc

it depends on what role you're given

I'm hoping for a role that would involve giving information out to fans. this way I can see what top they're wearing before deciding the best repsonse to give! 

Roles could be simply pointing fans to the right gates etc, getting fans to the gournd from a train station all the way up to Team liaison officer,, hospitality assistant etc etc

Righto, ta.

No option as a volunteer to pee into a cup on behalf of the Aussies then?

I've been assigned, VIP assistant, Hospitality assistant and team leader - well chuffed!

I've been assigned, VIP assistant, Hospitality assistant and team leader - well chuffed!

Well done,(cough) tickets (cough)

as I said to you in twitterdom, well done  :)

So.....showing your new coach BG to his seat, making him a brew....

only joking, you'll all have a brilliant time and probably make some friends for life

great result that mate!

Which area is this for (i assume it is based on locations)

great result that mate!

Which area is this for (i assume it is based on locations)

Thanks,

Put my name down for Cardiff, Wembley! Bristol, Headingley and Hudds I think!!

Congratulations. I have just been assigned my role as well, as a 'sponsorship assistant'. Will you be attending the volunteer get together they are on about in a few weeks?

I am going to be a social media assistant and looking forward to being at as many games as possible, though being based in Kent it does mean I am going to have to budget a fair bit for petrol and hotels.

I have been assigned Match Day Assistant and Team Leader, but I have also been invited for a second round of interviews for the Team Liason Officer role. I am really excited that Rugby League World Cup is coming to my home town and that Wales are a host nation.

I must also commend the RLWC2013 team on their organisation of the volunteer interviews and their communication with me, keeping me informed of progress and selection. It all bodes well for the competition and the games themselves.  Can't wait!!!