Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kenilworth Tiger

World Cup volunteers

54 posts in this topic

It has been a fantastic experience so far, worked with lots of great people and is a fascinating insight into just how much is involved in organising a major event. I wan to give a special shout out to the van drivers, they have to be the first to arrive and the last to leave as they cannot go till all the stuff is loaded and then they will be driving into the wee hours. Half of the people I have worked with in the social media team have never covered a rugby league game before but have found it to be worthwhile.

My eldest daughter is a volunteer and she is loving it

They really are doing a great job and helping towards this being such a great event

My daughter is a young volunteer and has been given 'protocol' at the final - any idea what that is as we haven't a clue!

(The young vol's don't have training before hand, they went to a team building session and then the job's where given out after that)

Well I worked with the VIPs at Cardiff and had a great time.  Meeting lots of RL VIPs and some friends of mine who I hadn't seen for a long time.  It was tiring but so worth it.  Can't wait for my next shift on Monday at Craven Park, then Headingley on Friday with a number of other games I'm just going to watch. :-D