Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my missus

premier sports freeview

65 posts in this topic

Or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Technical difficulties so they are not showing it. Egg on their face there like!

Premier Sports are worse than useless. Waste of money.

Premier Sports tweeted that the technical difficulty was outside their control. They are going to show the game in a few days' time instead. Given the problems they had when they went to Whitehaven recently, I would tend to believe them.

Premier Sports tweeted that the technical difficulty was outside their control. They are going to show the game in a few days' time instead. Given the problems they had when they went to Whitehaven recently, I would tend to believe them.

"outside our control" roughly translates to "weve ballsed up, but we still want your money".

Poor show. Im disappointed cos I was looking forward to that. This type of thing needs to be sorted before RLWC13

###### - Was going to Donny, but had to stay at home at the last minute.

######, ######, ######

if the bbc managed to screen floodlit trophy matches on dark foggy winter nights in the 70s during powercuts and primitive technology, how can this sort of thing happen in the "digital age"?

Poor show. Im disappointed cos I was looking forward to that. This type of thing needs to be sorted before RLWC13

Won't make a jot of difference mate, the World Cup programmes are produced by IMG.

If its out of their control, its out of their control.

Incidentally, the Welsh derby from last week is on in its place and that is worth a watch.  There's some great talent in the Scorpions' side.

"outside our control" roughly translates to "weve ballsed up, but we still want your money".

Not necessarily.  Was it at Barrow or Whitehaven a couple of weeks ago that the show almost didn't go ahead because there had been a lightning strike which had taken out part of the town which included the stadium?  Premier Sports stayed with the match and showed it about 40 minutes later although they were not sure they could show it because it was ALL outside their control.  Presumably on this occasion there has been something which has happened that has meant the plug has had to be pulled without any chance of making up ground.

Won't make a jot of difference mate, the World Cup programmes are produced by IMG.

If its out of their control, its out of their control.

Yes, quite right. This is, in fact, great news for RL coverage. Worldwide. -_-

Not necessarily. Was it at Barrow or Whitehaven a couple of weeks ago that the show almost didn't go ahead because there had been a lightning strike which had taken out part of the town which included the stadium? Premier Sports stayed with the match and showed it about 40 minutes later although they were not sure they could show it because it was ALL outside their control. Presumably on this occasion there has been something which has happened that has meant the plug has had to be pulled without any chance of making up ground.

doesnt it strike you as strange that twice in just a few weeks they have had games wiyh technical issues 'outside their control'?

How often has this happened to sky in over 20yrs?

Maybe this is what Phil Clarke was talking about when saying there were dark times ahead.

typical!!

:biggrin:

aye - you did set it up perfectly though!

A fan at the ground commented that the Satellite link up truck hadn't arrived.

Poor show.

They are responsible for delivering their schedule. They can't just blame someone else without explanation. Still, now I can watch real rugby, not the prima Donna Superleague wannabees of Fev.

It is actually a major embarassment the day after their good news story.

It is actually a major embarassment the day after their good news story.

Yes.

A fan at the ground commented that the Satellite link up truck hadn't arrived.

Poor show.

it went to DONNY osmand concert by mistake

Yes, quite right. This is, in fact, great news for RL coverage. Worldwide. -_-

Did I say it was? Just trying to keep some perspective here...

Did I say it was? Just trying to keep some perspective here...

Me too.

It's a poor show, not the end of the world. If they come up with 'circumstances beynd our control' for not screening a world cup game, let's see the reaction.

Me too.

It's a poor show, not the end of the world. If they come up with 'circumstances beynd our control' for not screening a world cup game, let's see the reaction.

I'm with you there Ted!

Which 'freeview' channel is it on? Or is it free to view on the sky platform?