Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my missus

premier sports freeview

65 posts in this topic

souths game no longer freeview.

cant show more than three hours free in one day, (showing the delayed donny/fev game)

souths game no longer freeview.

cant show more than three hours free in one day, (showing the delayed donny/fev game)

I checked this morning and the rerun of Souths v Storm is freeview on Mon afternoon I think.

How many times has it happened with Sky? A driver getting lost is not really professional is it? Can you then trust them with your payment details?

Fact is it was supposed to be an advert for their championship coverage and nobody will subscribe on the basis of last night.

Televideo is one of the UK's largest and longest established independent outside broadcast companies.

We are one of the country’s leading suppliers of sports programming, producing hundreds of hours of original programming each year for broadcasters including the BBC, Channel 4, Sky Sports and Premier Sports.

.......................................................................................................................................................

So you are saying Premier sport are to blame for a major tv supply companies failure?

Televideo is one of the UK's largest and longest established independent outside broadcast companies.

We are one of the country’s leading suppliers of sports programming, producing hundreds of hours of original programming each year for broadcasters including the BBC, Channel 4, Sky Sports and Premier Sports.

.......................................................................................................................................................

So you are saying Premier sport are to blame for a major tv supply companies failure?

surely as the prime contractor, Premier have to take responsibility for not fulfilling their published commitment. The fact that they may have been let down by one of their contractors means that at least they should have had at least some sort of contingency plan and/or a non-performance penalty or bond (at least from now on)

surely as the prime contractor, Premier have to take responsibility for not fulfilling their published commitment. The fact that they may have been let down by one of their contractors means that at least they should have had at least some sort of contingency plan and/or a non-performance penalty or bond (at least from now on)

This.

surely as the prime contractor, Premier have to take responsibility for not fulfilling their published commitment. The fact that they may have been let down by one of their contractors means that at least they should have had at least some sort of contingency plan and/or a non-performance penalty or bond (at least from now on)

How do you know they don't have a non performance penalty or bond.

i don't. Though in fact  we don't know what went wrong..we only think we do. We do know, though that Premier Sport claimed  " circumstances beyond our control." 

I realise that this is hardly the greatest challenge facing mankind but if I am thinking of subscribing, reliability is something that interests me

They seem very fluid with their scheduling but I think situations like this morning does them harm. I used to be a subscriber until I moved house and I was very much looking forward to it. To pull it from freeview does leave a bit of a bitter taste in the mouth, which would never have happened had they not made it free in the first place!

As it is it's ended up being a cracking game, the sort that might have convinced me to get Premier Sports. Instead I'm watching it on Bet365.

i don't. Though in fact we don't know what went wrong..we only think we do. We do know, though that Premier Sport claimed " circumstances beyond our control."

I realise that this is hardly the greatest challenge facing mankind but if I am thinking of subscribing, reliability is something that interests me

It isn't ideal but its hardly a case of PS needing to get their act together before it makes sense for RL fans to subscribe. During the season your looking at getting 9 games a week for £2.50 that less than 30p a game. They make take some time to get over some teething troubles but if I had to make a choice of Sky Sports or PS as it stands its PS hands down.

its a shame one of these tv broadcasters couldnt pick up the french league to screen over here.

It isn't ideal but its hardly a case of PS needing to get their act together before it makes sense for RL fans to subscribe. During the season your looking at getting 9 games a week for £2.50 that less than 30p a game. They make take some time to get over some teething troubles but if I had to make a choice of Sky Sports or PS as it stands its PS hands down.

quite so. I'm just ###### that I could not see the doyen of Fev fans Mr Pencil live on there,  free of charge :D

Agree 100% with Dave T's comment about how many games you get to see, it is great value and by far my favourite sports channel. The nature of TV is that mistakes do happen when doing live broadcasts. The BBC totally misjudged their Jubilee coverage; no_one seriously suggested they should be stripped of covering the Olympics. The Rugby Union World Cup seemed happy enough to trust ITV despite that company having a habit of missing important goals. Channel 4 looked the wrong broadcaster to be covering the Paralympics after some dreadful coverage of the world athletics championships but come the main event they were outstanding.

It seems silly

Agree 100% with Dave T's comment about how many games you get to see, it is great value and by far my favourite sports channel. The nature of TV is that mistakes do happen when doing live broadcasts. The BBC totally misjudged their Jubilee coverage; no_one seriously suggested they should be stripped of covering the Olympics. The Rugby Union World Cup seemed happy enough to trust ITV despite that company having a habit of missing important goals. Channel 4 looked the wrong broadcaster to be covering the Paralympics after some dreadful coverage of the world athletics championships but come the main event they were outstanding.
It seems silly to decide not to see world class athletes and exciting games on the basis of one bad day at the office.