Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blind side johnny

York

58 posts in this topic

Eagles away, slim bonus point chance.

Are you sure?

2 words KARL PRYCE !!!!!!!

What a load of ###### he is . Trading standards should be notified !!! Ha ha

I'm not going to comment as I've only seen him play once and that was against us. But one man doesn't make a team no matter how much of a reputation he comes with especially if he plays out wide.

when players under perform they get dropped or not selected eg james craven.... yet disinterested players karl price who is stealing a wage gets selected week in week out... gm must think in his little head head that kp will be better next week and give him another chance,  hate to say this but i think gm should stick with coaching young uns hes not up to it at this level,

when players under perform they get dropped or not selected eg james craven.... yet disinterested players karl price who is stealing a wage gets selected week in week out... gm must think in his little head head that kp will be better next week and give him another chance,  hate to say this but i think gm should stick with coaching young uns hes not up to it at this level,

Unfortunately I wasn't a the game. How many tackles did KP miss? How many balls did he drop? How many passes di he get?

I'm just looking for an objective assessment you understand?

He should have got a try late in the second half when the ball was chipped into the corner and he was the nearest, but he just didn't bother going for it, a couple of Rams supporters stood near us were going nuts.

thought he was greedy and didn't make any inroads with the ball in hand. we had one last year who came for the money and never tried.how he gets a game this year in sl i will never know

thought he was greedy and didn't make any inroads with the ball in hand. we had one last year who came for the money and never tried.how he gets a game this year in sl i will never know

Sadly, Jordan Tansey is actually playing some of the best rugby of his life at the moment.

Finding it hard to understand the team selection for this game,no Craven,Austin,Jones and Ja-mel,would had been nice to have experience like these at least on the sub's bench.We have a few young kids out there doing it tough ,they need all the help they can get.

Finding it hard to understand the team selection for this game,no Craven,Austin,Jones and Ja-mel,would had been nice to have experience like these at least on the sub's bench.We have a few young kids out there doing it tough ,they need all the help they can get.

beats me too, saying that morton looks ok at full back, thought austin was back fit

We beat Fev without any...

If you beat the mighty Fev Rovers with no duel - reg players,it makes our bonus point respectable.But now did you struggle so much last week in the cup ?

If you beat the mighty Fev Rovers with no duel - reg players,it makes our bonus point respectable.But now did you struggle so much last week in the cup ?

No idea mate, I was in Dublin on my stag do!

:D

cos we were away!!we now have 15 points,13 of them have come at home. we don't turn up away from home

Unfortunately I wasn't a the game. How many tackles did KP miss? How many balls did he drop? How many passes di he get?

Will have a look again on the DVD shortly but the Knights closed him down quickly and, in fact, when he gets home tonight he ought to check to see that Danny Nicklas isnt still clinging on to his ankles !  

Made an awful attempt to tackle Nev Morrison when he went in for his try and, embarrassingly, ended up in the long jump pit.

A number of times he seemed to have the pace to go around his tackler but instead of using his apparent strength to fend the tackler off, just seemed to submit.  Thought generally in midfield in combination with Lucas Walshaw his tackling was pretty effective.

I will say that he's an easy target for the boo-boys because of his background in SL and that one or two more Rams players didnt exactly cover themselves in glory today.

One of your best players against us last season was Scott Spaven but he was 18th man, and that's not to mention James Craven !

Well done. Hopefully you won't get altitude sickness so high up the table!

But don't get too giddy. Doncaster at the bottom are closer to you (in points) than York are to Leigh in fifth.

Well done. Hopefully you won't get altitude sickness so high up the table!

But don't get too giddy. Doncaster at the bottom are closer to you (in points) than York are to Leigh in fifth.

Aye, crazy isn't it? Makes for an exciting league-within-a-league though eh?!

thought the better team on the day won.

a couple of lucky bounces giving them tries, us dropping a couple near the line

whats happened to our forwards, not one bursting the line all match, apart from hepworth.

our kicking game in the second half abysmal should have at least tried a few bombs, gone for height rather than distance.

couple of positives

1.   we performed for the full 80

2.   we scored in the second half

cos we were away!!we now have 15 points,13 of them have come at home. we don't turn up away from home

Neither do we to be honest

Neither do we to be honest

Don't let that fact stop you coming to the magnificent Love Rugby League dot com stadium with seating and suround sound from all four sides ;)

Shame that Dario Esposito left, he's making Sheffield team now.

Assume there are reasons why Craven, Jones, Coleman and Buchanan didnt play, but we lack experience and they are 4 experienced players. And Brad Watkinson, though guessing he might have a back injury.

Kicking game, why does Pryce not kick, he put in some monster kicks against Fev?

Assume there are reasons why Craven, Jones, Coleman and Buchanan didnt play, but we lack experience and they are 4 experienced players. And Brad Watkinson, though guessing he might have a back injury.

Kicking game, why does Pryce not kick, he put in some monster kicks against Fev?

cos they dropped or not selected, plus gm thinks he has better to fill there boots i guess,

BSJ.  I havent said a bad word against KP yet and have even defended him a couple of times, but he was abject on Sunday.  I went with a York City fan who doesnt do rugby.  When he saw the team come out he said, bl00dy hell, look at that guy (KP).  He will take some stopping. By the end of the game he wondered why we were even playing him.  In theory if KP takes the ball at full pelt from 10 yards out I cant see many championship teams havibg a chance of stopping him, but I aint seen it once yet.....

Overall I thought we were fine in parts, poor at other times.  Too may of their tries came from us gifting them another set of 6.  If we could cut out the mistakes we could get back to where we were two months ago, BUT,,,,the big problem seems to be that confidence is at rock bottom and we dont seem to have the "expereinced"  players capable of changing this.  Certainly not on what I have seen recently.  With Ben Jones, Austin and James Craven playing I reckon we could have beaten York.  They aint much better than us, though do have a much better kicking game. As others have poited out our kicking was woeful..

Does naybody know why AB and JC werent playing ???

BSJ.  I havent said a bad word against KP yet and have even defended him a couple of times, but he was abject on Sunday.  I went with a York City fan who doesnt do rugby.  When he saw the team come out he said, bl00dy hell, look at that guy (KP).  He will take some stopping. By the end of the game he wondered why we were even playing him.  In theory if KP takes the ball at full pelt from 10 yards out I cant see many championship teams havibg a chance of stopping him, but I aint seen it once yet.....

Overall I thought we were fine in parts, poor at other times.  Too may of their tries came from us gifting them another set of 6.  If we could cut out the mistakes we could get back to where we were two months ago, BUT,,,,the big problem seems to be that confidence is at rock bottom and we dont seem to have the "expereinced"  players capable of changing this.  Certainly not on what I have seen recently.  With Ben Jones, Austin and James Craven playing I reckon we could have beaten York.  They aint much better than us, though do have a much better kicking game. As others have poited out our kicking was woeful..

Does naybody know why AB and JC werent playing ???

Thanks Nick for your objectivity.

Leadership on the field does seem to be our Achille's heel at present doesn't it?