Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sempur

Sheffield V Raiders

48 posts in this topic

Is the game being played at Bramall Lane or the Don Valley Stadium tomorrow?

Predictions Shefield by 24 points      my wish Barrow by 14 points

lets get a bonus please and forget challenge cup at fax . with the size of our squad we cant afford injuries in the cup.

northern rail kicks in a couple of weeks , barrow to get bonus 32=24

to get a BP we will have to improve massively from last week

I'd take a bonus point. But in reality I don't think we'll get one. If the lads play their heart put that'll be good enough for me. Most sides won't win at Sheffield. Credit to everyone making the trip on the supporters coach.

If i remember there is about 30 going on the bus. Considering we've got so many away games over the month, I thought that was quite good. Just hope we get a good score this week. Cup match next week people. Beers to dear in the ground but a couple of good pubs close.

Also, for the people who are going on the bus, does anyone want any periwinkles bringing. Went out today and got some.

12-12 half time

Tries Liam Harrison (31) Kurt Haggerty (40) Goals Kurt Haggerty (40)

Todays Team Line-up

1 Mike Backhouse

2 Dean McGilvray

3 Aaron Low

4 Max Wiper

5 Adam Clay

6 Nathan Mossop

7 Jamie Butler

8 Sean Casey

9 Liam Finch

10 Liam Harrison

11 Kurt Haggerty

12 Daniel Toal

13 Andrew Dawson

14 SUB Mike Whitehead

15 SUB Matthew Haggerty

16 SUB Anthony Nicholson

17 SUB Bradley Brennan

:(    Come on Barrow

32 - 18

Our tackling was pathetic today. We gave away too many soft tries.

There is a link on the Sheffield TRL forum for "EaglesTV"

I guess the lowlights will be on next week!

sounded like we were competitive for about 20 mins again ?

I thought you played really well, we have some big hitters who tackle around the legs and we have pace and a good kicking game.....I always thought Finch had a good kicking game, never saw it in this game.....A bit more practice makes perfect or have they been spending too much time in the Derby Arms or the Theatre Bar or even the White Horse in Dalton.....Lock ins were us!!!!!

First half we were great. Defended so many sets. Couple of dodgy decisions by the ref in the first half. But we played to the whistle. Can't understand why they kicked after the scrum but lucky us.

Second half totally different. Again, game of 2 halves. Don't know if I had 2 much to drink but I would like to see the video. Got that bad, one of our lads had a word with the ref after the game and said his peace. So many bad decisions. What are linesmen for.

Thought Toally and Dawson had a great game.

After the game we all went to the bar downstairs, only to be told the bar wasn't ready for us. God bless the Raiders Bar

We can blame the officials or look for other excuses as much as we want but the reality is that we are just not consistanly good enough on the pitch for this league. Everyone knows the pressure was on last year to get out of what was called the league of death and Darren and Phill came up with the goods by putting a competative team together.

Reality is if we manage to keep above relegation then there remains the floodlight money to be found to stay in Chapionship and even more fundraising to put a competative team on the pitch for 2014. Work has started on fundraising but im inclined to think that will be needed to finish this season off.

Dropping back to Championship 1 and retaining the local side whilst working on clearing financial positions and funding for the future may be the only way that Barrow Raiders ever get back to being competative with all teams in Championship.

Dropping back to Championship 1 and retaining the local side whilst working on clearing financial positions and funding for the future may be the only way that Barrow Raiders ever get back to being competative with all teams in Championship.

Dropping into the league of death would be disasterous for the club.

I have been following them for 34 years but I would not go and watch games against the likes of Gloucester Gerbils and Hemel Hamsters !!!!!

First half we were great. Defended so many sets. Couple of dodgy decisions by the ref in the first half. But we played to the whistle. Can't understand why they kicked after the scrum but lucky us.

Second half totally different. Again, game of 2 halves. Don't know if I had 2 much to drink but I would like to see the video. Got that bad, one of our lads had a word with the ref after the game and said his peace. So many bad decisions. What are linesmen for.

Thought Toally and Dawson had a great game.

After the game we all went to the bar downstairs, only to be told the bar wasn't ready for us. God bless the Raiders Bar

Linesmen are for running the line at Football matches,we have touch judges in Rugby League!:-)

Dropping into the league of death would be disasterous for the club.

I have been following them for 34 years but I would not go and watch games against the likes of Gloucester Gerbils and Hemel Hamsters !!!!!

Maybe you are not the supporter that you thought you were then?