Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thestatman

Results 13/4/13

49 posts in this topic

Quite a bold statement mr statman!! Thought you would be happy with the 2 away points even when playing bad!

I imagine he is very happy. Whats wrong with a bit of honesty and saying his team were second best?

Proves they do need him then to win games!!! Great result for easts

Proves absolutely nothing, they've won 5 from 7.

When they had him for the Brow game it was the Brow's inability to get sufficient points on the board when they were on top then being unable to contain Farrer when Egremont were on top that meant they won rather than the Brow. At least Rooney had the grace in the club afterwards to admit Egremont deserved it rather than bleat for weeks.

Quite a bold statement mr statman!! Thought you would be happy with the 2 away points even when playing bad!

Nothing bold about it, just a fact acknowledged by everyone who was there. It was good from our point of view to come away with the points but we were very fortunate and it was harsh on the efforts of the Skirlaugh players that they were left empty handed, I'm not complaining or suggesting that i'm not happy with the result just telling it how it was.

Who did Blackbrook play yesterday? There are two results for them on the NCL website, both saying 24-0. Odd!

They beat Wigan St.Cuthberts in the cup as far as i'm aware. I presume that the Featherstone game was their scheduled league game for that day and it is just an inputting error. The league table show them having played 3 league games which corresponds to the games they've played against Hindley, Woolston and Crosfields.

WIGAN ST JUDES 10-10 EAST LEEDS

Judes dropped their first league point of the season to a very big and physical East Leeds side, the match was a very scrappy affair and perhaps a draw was a fair result as both teams made about the same number of errors, the opening twenty was scoreless as both teams bombed good chances but it was the visitors who struck first when a kick through rebounded off the posts and as the ball bobbled about an Easts player scooped it up an dived over the goal attempt was good, five minutes later the ever probing Dean Hunt grubber kicked through and veteran forward Craig Bithell won the race to the grounding but the goal attempt was off target to leave it 4-6 at the break.

The second half started well for the hosts when wingman Nathan Jones made a great break down the right flank and Scott Robinson supported to take the return pass and go in by the sticks Gareth Thomas converted to give Judes the lead, the next twenty minutes was farcical to say the least as handling errors and penalties of which some were dubious littered the match, with five minutes on the clock the Easts hooker nipped in from acting half back to level it but the kick sailed wide, Judes thought they had pinched when Scott Robinson intercepted and was away only to be brought back for allegedly being offside.

dont know who the referee was for the game but he was a small austrailian bloke.  Just wondering if anyone has come accross him before? one of the worst referees i have seen at this level and both teams where baffled at some of his decisions.

We (Stanningley) had his for the first time last weekend against Askam. He was outrageously bad. And having watched the video back I am not being harsh with my criticism. Numerous baffling decisions. Also an obnoxious XXXX a view which was shared after the match by the two young linesmen who officiated with him.

dont know who the referee was for the game but he was a small austrailian bloke.  Just wondering if anyone has come accross him before? one of the worst referees i have seen at this level and both teams where baffled at some of his decisions.

Yes.

Sounds like Darren Van de Moosdyk, he lives in Leeds.

He's a *star*, he has his own unusual rules regarding scrums, a rather haughty personal manner and every team should have to play under him at least once.

He's not above fibbing in his match report (contrary to video evidence) and tried to report me for entering the referee's room after the game. . . . To pay the touch judges!!

I like him, though

sounds like a few teams have had the misfortune of him reffing them then!! I know a few of our players where complaining of the fact that he wasnt stopping the time when they quickly formed scrums just before the end of both halfs. But there was errors and penalties going both ways for either team and i just hope that we dont get him again any time soon!

Proves absolutely nothing, they've won 5 from 7.

When they had him for the Brow game it was the Brow's inability to get sufficient points on the board when they were on top then being unable to contain Farrer when Egremont were on top that meant they won rather than the Brow. At least Rooney had the grace in the club afterwards to admit Egremont deserved it rather than bleat for weeks.

4 of them 7 games you've had him! obviously your gonna stick up for him as anybody would if he's a mate and drinking partner #justsaying

dont worry he is back tomorrow, heard egremont were weighing up asking him to wear the six shirt cos brocklebank is still no good. hope this isnt true cos ive seen him ref a few games without cumbrian teams playing and he has done a very fair job. even strecth as far as  saying he was good

Amuses me that people still bang on about Laing and Egremont... Didn't see the first Easts match, the one up here they deserved to win in the end. Have most of you seen the dvd for the Egremont Brow game? if you have then you can hardly say the the ref was biased to Egremont, there was plenty of decisions that went Brows way as well as Egremonts way. The reffing was pretty fair although people three miles away will say im a bare faced liar...

Poor thatto....the mont have got laing yet again.....i heard a rumour that he was seen polishing his red shoes ready to do the boxerbeat in the horn tonight........

Poor thatto....the mont have got laing yet again.....i heard a rumour that he was seen polishing his red shoes ready to do the boxerbeat in the horn tonight........

Good nights them!

It's a good job for Brow that their players don't have the same attitude to a narrow defeat that their supporters have otherwise they would never have become the champion side that they undoubtably are. Fortunately they can put things behind them and move on rather than moaning about it for weeks.

Is the problem that maybe, and I emphasise the word maybe, the Brow are not, for the first time in about 15 years going to be the top team in Cumbria? After all Egremont have beaten them 2 out of the last 3 encounters (or is it 3 from 4?)

It's a good job for Brow that their players don't have the same attitude to a narrow defeat that their supporters have otherwise they would never have become the champion side that they undoubtably are. Fortunately they can put things behind them and move on rather than moaning about it for weeks.

Is the problem that maybe, and I emphasise the word maybe, the Brow are not, for the first time in about 15 years going to be the top team in Cumbria? After all Egremont have beaten them 2 out of the last 3 encounters (or is it 3 from 4?)

If you notice majority of posts regarding egremont and the ref are from other away team and not the brow. Get a grip

If your gonna make things up, at least say its gonna be in a pub thats actually open... The Horns been shut for ages... bad skills.

If you notice majority of posts regarding egremont and the ref are from other away team and not the brow. Get a grip

Not on this thread they aren't, they are from Brow supporters complaining about a game they lost

Not on this thread they aren't, they are from Brow supporters complaining about a game they lost

What ever!!!!!!!As for the video it would be nice to be able to buy it however on the egremont website it is for members only, why is this?????. have you something to hide.

looks like peterlee pumas are doing it tough,getting beaten week in week out by big scores can not be good for the club or the team.They must be a very inexperienced side.Where they will get their confidence from god only knows.But for sticking together each week and turning out well done and i hope they can turn the corner.

looks like peterlee pumas are doing it tough,getting beaten week in week out by big scores can not be good for the club or the team.They must be a very inexperienced side.Where they will get their confidence from god only knows.But for sticking together each week and turning out well done and i hope they can turn the corner.

here here keep at it

What ever!!!!!!!As for the video it would be nice to be able to buy it however on the egremont website it is for members only, why is this?????. have you something to hide.

You would be more than welcome ordering a copy if you pop into the club.