Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Baron Mk11

Dallimore

38 posts in this topic

Don't know whether this is right or not, but a post on the Hornets page says a twitter statement says Dallimor has left the club, the reason given was "Things just did'nt work out". Anyone heard anything different? If not you will know for certain on Sunday I would have thought.

We will find out tomorrow if he doesn't appear on the team sheet!

Check his Facebook page, he may have posted something!

Maybe a clash of personalities or a disagreement with the coaching staff??

Good Player, sad loss! best wishes for the future.

We are entitled to a transfer fee because of his age, I think?

His wages were part funded by ORSA so we should be able to look for a replacement?

Yes he went this morning.

Temperamental player with potential as yet undelivered. Had reasonable start to the season but maybe needed to take a deep breath and realise he is part of a squad. Showed dissention when subbed in the last Rochdale game. Remember how Rochdale got into his head and his game just dissintegrated.

Young lad so will try and not be too hard but nobody is bigger than a club (even one as small as Oldham). Naylor and Spanner will move on and still have a very good squad. Dally will just have to put his dummy back in.

Move on and support the lads who will run their blood to water for ORLFC.

We don't know the details of his departure so it is difficult to make an informed comment!

He is a good player and he has a bright future in the game but rugby league is a team game and players are paid to play, and coaches are paid to manage players, it seems Scott Naylor and Dally were not singing from the same song sheet.

The club and ORSA invested in the player to ensure he signed for this season so you would expect a degree of loyalty but if the player is not happy then he needs to find a new challenge.

tony benson will be on the blower straight away ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!

He's contracted to end Nov 2013 so can't go anywhere unless Oldham have released him which CH will not do. It would be nice to say let him go so he can stil play this season BUT on the other hand he may help one of our competitors and cost us points so looks like he'll be kicking his heels.

So TB may be on the phone but it would be to CH to make him an offer. But in my opinion it would be a backward step for Dally.

Other lads have dropped out of favour at times and just pull their socks up and strive to get back in. Look at Joy for example.

It's done now so just hope Roden can stay fit and we'll be ok.

He's not a happy bunny but then many others who do not play every week are also unhappy. Dalli needs to grow up. He was rubbish against Hornets and spit his dummy out when replaced. I wouldn't be surprised if his dad hasn't spanked his ###### and told him to say sorry to the club. After all he was nothing when he arrived in the U23s. And if the club hold his registration he will be kicking his heels for quite a while.

Dalli always wears his heart on his sleeve. He had bigger offers to go elsewhere last season but he stayed loyal to the club. This lad travels 3 times a week from wigan to train, and if he doesn't play he doesn't get paid. He's never given less than 110 % and I can personaly see his point and wish him all the best wherever he goes. So don't be judgmental unless you know the full facts. All the best dalli and thanks for the memories.

Dalli always wears his heart on his sleeve. He had bigger offers to go elsewhere last season but he stayed loyal to the club. This lad travels 3 times a week from wigan to train, and if he doesn't play he doesn't get paid. He's never given less than 110 % and I can personaly see his point and wish him all the best wherever he goes. So don't be judgmental unless you know the full facts. All the best dalli and thanks for the memories.

Message from dalli : Gerry i love you lot ask brian to post im really gutted too leave the team i loved i appreciate the response from everybody at oldham and would love 1 day to repay all ov them i lv the club up the yeds

The travelling and not getting paid if you don't play applies to most of the lads. The club can't be dictated to no matter how good a player may eventually be. Bit of growing up to do I think.

Thanks to all the lads who travel three times a week, don't get paid if they don't play and who are still here. Thanks lads and see you Sunday.

This club is fast resembling the raft of the Medusa!

Let's hope it doesn't end up like The Wreck of the Hesperus

Very disappointing news. Looks like our coaching staff are trying to put their own stamp on the team, and are trying to do it by forcing out a lot of the previous regimes signings. How Roden could not have been picked before Palfrey baffles me. Now the other half back contender is forced out. Lets hope I am proved wrong. Good luck Dally, you have a bright future in the game.

Well, he's gone for now.I would think the club are giving him some time to reflect. He's a young lad who's a bit temperamental and emotional (as they are at that age).Act in haste, repent at leisure.Is he mature enough to try and make amends, I suspect not. But good luck to him next season.

He was big enough to say sorry after storming off to the dressing room after being taken off against Rochdale but will he again? He's a good lad with a lot of potential but only time will tell.