Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Match off

DavidM    1,320

Got to say any threat to the game didn't enter my mind !! Big shock , still trying to convince my old man it's not a wind up ! Two games to fit in now .

unicorn106    296

Can't believe it's off, we've had no rain for two weeks and it's hardly been a monsoon overnight. There still must be a serious problem with the drains, because until recently I could count on one hand the games that had to be called off at DP.........Gutted, I was really looking forward to this one.

DavidM    1,320

I don't know the details now but unicorn is right . My old man was always telling me how we had a great pitch that took any punishment and absorbed it . Shame , up for this one . Wonder when they'll get it on ?

wonky    580

Shame match is off, but gives the 2 Brett's time to get fit & should be available when match is rearranged.

yeah but by then well have other injuries.

Okesene    6

Seems a baffling decisiom to me. Despite all the rain there is not a single puddle in my garden as with everything being so dry the water will be absorbed really quickly. And as forecast it's now stopped raining a full four hours before kick off.

With everything so tight we could well hit the bottom of the league because of this too! Ridiculous

kiln7    48

I was down there yesterday at the training section the pitch looked fine.Just wondering for what reason it as been called off we dont seem to have had all that amount of rain.Be nice to know if it was the ref that called it off and what for????????.

Hate the rec    226

I was down there yesterday at the training section the pitch looked fine.Just wondering for what reason it as been called off we dont seem to have had all that amount of rain.Be nice to know if it was the ref that called it off and what for????????.

Its the match commissioner who calls it off nothing to do with Town as far as I am aware, and I think its P Gilmore but I could be wrong.

wonky    580

i think whoever made the call has made a poor one. its forecast to stay dry this afternoon and hasnt been raining for the last 45mins so im sure the water will have soaked up in no time. if were frustrated think how the lads feel. they will have been desperate to get this very winable game under there belts

Hate the rec    226

Surely Mr Stobart would have some gear to get the water off, it cant be worse than the Haven match last year now that was bad, think someone has boobboob big style there,

DavidM    1,320

The haven game entered my mind to . It's brightening up a tad outside now . The drainage issue is one that needs explained , strange and rather embarrassing . Doesn't reflect well on us . So any time it rains for a few hours on a firm surface does it put our games at risk now ?

DavidM    1,320

And of course , the bigger picture ... We're a World Cup ground now ... The RFL will be keeping a close eye on developments and want reports .Imagine this with global tv ? That's not criticism , just fact with our importance now concerning the tournament . Hopefully things get sorted sharpish because we live in a wet part of the world !

Keith T    361

I'm sorry but this is a very poor decision and it doesn't do anyone any favours.   I know the opposition have to travel here but Keighley is only 2 hours journeytime and this game was called off just after 9am.     It hasn't rained seriously  here since 10.00am and I'm sure that we have had nowhere near the amount of rain that we had before last years derby match.    The forecast is for it to brighten up which it is already doing.    In this age of mobile phones it would not have been difficult to contact Keighley on their way here.    

DavidM    1,320

When do we fit these games in ? Could be into June / July if we're waiting for free weekends when teams are out of cups .

Hate the rec    226

Not been funny Keith, wouldnt like to travel in your car!! think it would take a bit longer than 2 hours for them to get here by bus, but some one has dropped a clanger on this on, the forcast last night even said it was to be dry and bright lastnight, and so far it looks like it is going to be.