Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Match off

123 posts in this topic

Finished 60 - 10.    Crusaders have beaten London Skolars 44 - 6.

York win 29 - 20 and swinton beat Hunslet 44 - 40.

These bonus points could be so important , and points difference .

32-18 To sheff now.

You could sneak another bonus point with a bit of luck, lifer.

Good for us . Every man for himself this year !

Website poster next home match Hunslet Hawks, is that a sign no midweek game??? or just a BIG mistake

I make it Barra and Donny on the trapdoor at present .

Website poster next home match Hunslet Hawks, is that a sign no midweek game??? or just a BIG mistake

Says that on the sign outside ground to, still cant believe that game was called off today, think old Cliffy needs to ga to spec savers :blink:

This goes to show that absolutely everything the rfl has a hand in they make a complete rocks of.  Calling a game off that early when something like 3 or 4 hours of dry weather is forecast before kickoff is comical

The club statement said they expected more rain in the next few hours I'd be shocked if the club ground staff didn't have an input

We played Whitehaven last year in far worse and today we should have had a firm enough field to get machinery on

Irrespective the club shouldn't be having to check the field after one nights rain!

An outsider looking in dont you think your BOD called it off for your big CC tie next weekend? As it gives you an extra weeks rest. Makes a lot of sense to me does that.

No they didn't call it off and no we don't need that advantage .

An outsider looking in dont you think your BOD called it off for your big CC tie next weekend? As it gives you an extra weeks rest. Makes a lot of sense to me does that.

i dont think it makes any difference gaz, weve beaten them comfortably for the past 6 times. and sometimes you get rusty missing a week, and were nowhere near lucky enough to get away with such a plan.

i dont think it makes any difference gaz, weve beaten them comfortably for the past 6 times. and sometimes you get rusty missing a week, and were nowhere near lucky enough to get away with such a plan.

I know what you mean wonky. But it's not just any ordinary derby game because if you win you will get a big pay day in the next round which may be very beneficial to your club. Like I said it was only a thought but it would of crossed my mind if I were on your BOD.Also any of your players need resting or niggling injuries?.

apart from brett phillips and brett carter we had probably our strongest side out of the season today. the players couldnt believe it so i think the best thing we could have done is get another win, and go into the derby on the back of 2 wins. in all honesty thinking like an outsider it probably does look fishy.

Our club didn't call it off so it's a moot point.

Well the club wouldve surely known that the game should be played on the next available date which is this forthcoming week so if that's the case it would be a disadvantage with Sunday coming up would it not?

apart from brett phillips and brett carter we had probably our strongest side out of the season today. the players couldnt believe it so i think the best thing we could have done is get another win, and go into the derby on the back of 2 wins. in all honesty thinking like an outsider it probably does look fishy.

I wasn't having a go or anything wonky and I didn't think it was fishy either it was just a thought. I would of applauded it if they had of done it. Makes a lot of sense to me to do it anyway. But like DKW says your club didn't call it off so end of really

Yep old saying cock up or conspiracy . You can say the former from the outside if you want to , but not the latter .