Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Squad and predictions for Haven

188 posts in this topic

'Once again they will not have played before they play us so will have fresh bodies' says Woodsy ... It's not a master plan mate !!! And ' we must improve or they'll beat us again ' .... We can still win if they do improve !!

21 Apr KO:15:00 Challenge Cup Rd: 4

Whitehaven RLFC v Workington Town

Recreation Ground

Ref:

R Laughton

Touch J:

I Scott

Touch J:

M Wilson

Reserve:

C Etchells

M Com:

G Kershaw

Yes you keep saying about eagles playing Friday but did you know that they has rested 5 regular players on Friday so to come in strong on Monday they were the words from Mark Astons own mouth

He might have said it Luggsy but some of them were no more regulars than ones he left out.    Tom Armstrong (8 games) left out Nev Morrison (5 games) in; James Davey (9 games) out Jack Howieson (8 games) in; Peter Green (8 games) out Alex Stostak (8 games) in; Colton Roche (6 games) out Pat Smith (3 games) in; and Dario Esposito (2 games) out Duane Straugher (8 games) in.   

That is not to say that Haven didn't do well to beat them but I think you get a little carried away at times.    

'Once again they will not have played before they play us so will have fresh bodies' says Woodsy ... It's not a master plan mate !!! And ' we must improve or they'll beat us again ' .... We can still win if they do improve !!

We should be fresh, but I would Imagine Charlo and the rest of us would rather have played last Sunday. Two weeks without a game doesn't do you any favours apart from the guys who were nursing injuries. 

I expect haven to come at us with everything they have in the early stages, if we can stay with them in this period I fancy us to finish stronger than them..........But **** what do I know :rolleyes:

Anyone remember the game at DP when they were 18 . 0 up after 10 minutes :O we came back to win it with a late try, I think it was scored by John Allen, anyone remember what year it was ?

They went scooting ahead this year and last down here and we won , so yes if we're at parity after the initial exchanges we should be confident. We're super conditioned and play for 80 ( fitness wise at least ! ), and even the Skolars piled into them late .

Anyone remember the game at DP when they were 18 . 0 up after 10 minutes :O we came back to win it with a late try, I think it was scored by John Allen, anyone remember what year it was ?

Keith T will know for certain, but I think it was Easter 1997 when John Allen scored two tries against Whitehaven

Anyone remember the game at DP when they were 18 . 0 up after 10 minutes :O we came back to win it with a late try, I think it was scored by John Allen, anyone remember what year it was ?

Remember that game. Think John Allen got a couple that day. 97 maybe?? Remember big Soss (I think) going over and thinking it was game over!

We should be fresh, but I would Imagine Charlo and the rest of us would rather have played last Sunday. Two weeks without a game doesn't do you any favours apart from the guys who were nursing injuries. 

I expect haven to come at us with everything they have in the early stages, if we can stay with them in this period I fancy us to finish stronger than them..........But **** what do I know :rolleyes:

March 1997 - Town won 22 - 18

Every time we go there I have visions of king Kenny slicing through from long range and aqua planing over from about 5 yards out !!

Every time we go there I have visions of king Kenny slicing through from long range and aqua planing over from about 5 yards out !!

Or Mark Mulligan crawling the last 2 or 3 yards to score!!   Or Buck Armstrong majestically striding in for a great try!!!

And we should include in them Elliott Miller's try last season when he left Calvert for dead!!!

Mulligan's slalom run beating just about every defender . We were on fire at that stage of that great season . Baby face Deano sliced through for a beaut at that end to if my memory serves?

Remember the 0-0 . It wasnt a bad game either for that . Forget when but quite unique you'd guess !

Remember the 0-0 . It wasnt a bad game either for that . Forget when but quite unique you'd guess !

We have had 4 draws with Haven over the years David, two 0 - 0, one 10 - 10 and the last one 30 - 30.   Two of the draws (0 - 0 & 10 - 10) came 3 weeks apart in 1963.

And the width of a post off a fifth . Speaking of draws , I'm taking for granted that we'll play extra time and not a replay ... But is it golden point ???

More like 25 yards out David :)

The RFL site says after a draw its straight to golden point ... We could do without that , it's tense enough watching town !!!

I can remember another game where they shot ahead 16 or 18 points and we came back to win, when Dave Watson had a short spell with us, Im sure Leigh Smith scored a hat trick that day and Samuels had an absolute stormer, that was around 2000/2001 I think.

I can remember another game where they shot ahead 16 or 18 points and we came back to win, when Dave Watson had a short spell with us, Im sure Leigh Smith scored a hat trick that day and Samuels had an absolute stormer, that was around 2000/2001 I think.

I can't remember the match but it would be April 2000 when Town won 27 - 18.

Looks likely that BRETT PHILLIPS could be out for the Haven game with a nee problem.

It should be a knee problem . i will have to learn to look at what i have put own before posting

We all make that mistake pal ... Edit , re-edit !!