Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

Who has been the most exciting debutant so far in Super League this season?

25 posts in this topic

League Express Poll: Who has been the most exciting debutant so far in Super League this season?

Greg Burke (Wigan Warriors)
Morgan Escaré (Catalan Dragons)
Theo Fages (Salford City Reds)
Jobe Murphy (Bradford)
Mark Percival (St Helens)
Alex Walmsley (St Helens)

Vote at www.totalrl.com

LEAGUE EXPRESS - MON 15 APRIL ISSUE - OUT NOW IN SHOPS & ONLINE

http://www.pocketmags.com/viewmagazine.aspx?titleid=1039&title=League+Express

rlle_150413_200.jpg

Alex Walmsley. This seasons' Chris Hill, in my opinion, and I don't think I'm the only one.

With my Bulls hat on, I think Jobe Murphy has been relatively poor even considering he's a debutant and played around 3 times. But not everyone can start with a bang. I'd maybe even consider putting Alex Brown in the poll ahead of Murphy.

With my Bulls hat on, I think Jobe Murphy has been relatively poor even considering he's a debutant and played around 3 times. But not everyone can start with a bang. I'd maybe even consider putting Alex Brown in the poll ahead of Murphy.

To my shame I couldn't pick him out of a line up, which makes me think they were perhaps struggling for enough genuinely exciting debutants to fill the poll with.

Alex Walmsley for me and even though that may appear biased, it actually isn't.  This guy is only 18 months or so on from playing in the amateur game so his presence, and his consistency, at this level is astounding.

Two French lads in there. Encouraging.

Pelissier was first ever nomination for young player of the year in 2012 I think.

Bousquet played just once in 2012 & this season comprised with suspension & injury. For me has the potential to go right to the top.

Good poll.

I think it has to be Alex Walmsley, but Morgan Escare' looks an exciting talent and Greg Burke plays with great maturity.

I'd say Walmsley aswell he's been outstanding.

I'd say anyone who's watched Chris Annakin would say he should be top of that list or near it!

No,

Fairdoosies, I just remember seeing his name around a lot last season. Coolbeans. Be glad to see him on telly in a few weeks.

Only seen Walmsley play once, and have to admit to being impressed. Certainly a big human being.. Percival at Saints also deserves a mention.

Not seen a lot of Walmsley, but his mentions on the radio commentary are usually very positive, apart from the fit of his kit.

Fages has had a great debut in a side that has struggled and has been partnered with another youngster in Sneyd for part of the season.

It is easier to make an impact in a well drilled side, but this young 18 year old has been assaulted (at Catalan) and still came back for more. He has carried the team for long periods. A lot of pressure for such a kid.

Salford have a few that could have been mentioned. Niall Evalds played well on Saturday as well.

Well, there are some good uns there. The one I have seen most of is Burke, and he really has something about him - he has come into the team and been completely at ease from the word go. He'll go far. Impossible for me to compare him against others I have only had glimpses of, but if they are better then they must have some talent.

From the choice above, Escaré looks like an exciting runner (although relatively slight and small), Percival a composed and mature all-rounder and Walmsley a George Burgess-like "tearaway" as Greg "Brandy" Alexander would describe the latter.

I have seen little or nothing of the others.

Walmsley by a mile, he is very impressive.

Although not having even seen Annikin I cannot make any comparison with him at all, in fact I would, embarrasingly, also have to ask; who does he play for?

Gotta be Walmsley, he's come from absolutely nowhere.

Seriously though, we have lots of big forwards in SL, but we're a bit light on exciting backs who can step off either side and embarrass a fullback. Each time I've seen Escaré he's been class.

Walmsley by a mile, he is very impressive.

Although not having even seen Annikin I cannot make any comparison with him at all, in fact I would, embarrasingly, also have to ask; who does he play for?

Wakey wakey!

;)

None of the above.

It has to be Chris Anakin

By all accounts, he has a lot of his father in him.

Fages has had a great debut in a side that has struggled and has been partnered with another youngster in Sneyd for part of the season.

It is easier to make an impact in a well drilled side, but this young 18 year old has been assaulted (at Catalan) and still came back for more. He has carried the team for long periods. A lot of pressure for such a kid.

Salford have a few that could have been mentioned. Niall Evalds played well on Saturday as well.

It is a shame that Niall Evalds hasn't played more, he has been excellent on the few occasions i have seen him.

I'd say anyone who's watched Chris Annakin would say he should be top of that list or near it!

Nice to hear Chris is kicking on, he was fantastic for Workington last season.

Percy has been great for saints. Everytime he touches the ball he makes a half break or sets sum one up. Great young talent at 18.

well i am going with greg burke he has been awsome for wigan over these last few games.