Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jpmc

James mendeika

106 posts in this topic

If he is a Swinton player, why is it reported on the Warrington site. I did think that any of those who were not eligable for their Academy squad, that they were simply signing a 12 month contract with Swinton. There's the suggestion that he is a Warrington player on their site. I've kept my opinions to myself regarding DR, but this really doesn't look right!

http://www.warringtonwolves.org/mendeika-heads-to-the-capital-on-loan--6136

Yawn.!! Alex Hurst signed for us.....London came in and offered Alex a place (accepted on a full time contract after trials) the club didn't stand in his way and rightly so since youngsters have to be allowed to play at the highest level. The same situation applies to Mendeka despite the fact he is on a season long loan.

Lets say the club dug it's heels in and said no to both of those examples then do you not think it leads to unhappy players.

Im not being funny here but sod unhappy players, they get paid to do a job, Loaning is total ###### and you know it, You cant afford to get rid of your better players on loan... seriously... Deluded and head is so far south its untrue. Your fighting to stay up this year so you get rid of your better players. ahahahah

Also why the hell would a swinton player train full time with warrington ?. are swinton paying this chaps Full time wages, that and the other 5 ?. must have made a shed load of money somewhere to pay for 6 full time players and then send them to train with warrington. I wonder how that would make me feel as another player not getting full time wages and being offered the chance to train with Warringtons elite.

Things just reek around this whole thing, you know it does, i know it does and no doubt in my mind that redhall do too.

Im not being funny here but sod unhappy players, they get paid to do a job, Loaning is total ###### and you know it, You cant afford to get rid of your better players on loan... seriously... Deluded and head is so far south its untrue. Your fighting to stay up this year so you get rid of your better players. ahahahah

"Sod unhappy players, they get paid to do a job" perhaps someone should tell that to Andy Ballard who of course was one of our players.

"Sod unhappy players, they get paid to do a job" perhaps someone should tell that to Andy Ballard who of course was one of our players.

What has this to do with Ballard?

What has this to do with Ballard?

Nothing Loyal...other than to emphasise that if players are unhappy they can withhold their services and by not allowing Mendeika or Hursty to go then a similar situation could arise.

Mendeika is neither one of our better players nor as has been explained many many times before would he have been on a large full time contract

Bearing both of those facts in mind the objection is that we signed him in an underhand way. Numerous official statements have stated what we are doing is above board

In a week when we have lost a number of dual reg options we have also made three none dual reg signings of a quality in my opinion which is equal if not higher than those players we have lost. The club's efforts to improve the squad raise barely a whimper in comparison to this none event.

The curse of rugby leagues conspiracy theorists rules again.

Nothing Loyal...other than to emphasise that if players are unhappy they can withhold their services and by not allowing Mendeika or Hursty to go then a similar situation could arise.

Thanks for that. Thought he'd signed for someone else for a minute.

As for Mendieka, money speaks volumes! All the young lads we have playing for us would be off in a flash to a super league club if the cheque book was opened, as they would at any other club. They want to play rugby at the highest level for the best contract they can secure. End of!

The issue is whether they are our players or Wires. I don't know what the ins and outs are between the two clubs and the RFL. They set the rules and the clubs follow them to the best outcome for their club. Super league clubs cannot stand up and say they are squeaky clean and neither can the 'big five' in our league. They will, and do, what's best for them and we are doing the same. If the rules change for next season we'll do what's best then too!

Please, if you don't think its right, dont come on here continually moaning at us and saying the same things. Bombard the RFL instead until they come around to your way of thinking, or not, because we won't!

Who "owns" a player is a big issue that runs through all sports. Primarily the Swinton team  is made up of the players who play that week. Whether they be "under" contract, trialists, Dual Reg, Loans, Swinton Supporters, IT consultants,  born in Wigan, forum trolls, super models, over 23s, under 23s, good, bad or indifferent.

We have already discussed to death the value of a contract in sport so on what basis are we to decide "whether they are our players". Who these days "owns" players? Who ever did "own" players?

The debate/argument becomes more obscure the longer it goes on. In what way does Swinton lending Mendieka to London affect other clubs? Grow up, it is all about self interest.

The main/only issue of any such arrangements is surely how it affects the future of the clubs involved. That may be in attendences, finances, existence, trophys, community work and many other factors. And of course the answer to this none of us KNOW the future.

Crystal Balls at the ready.

I think he's played fairly well for us this season. Nothing amazing, but he's scored two almost identical tries as Keighley and Fev. Good luck to him at London.

I'd have expected people to be happy, it's one less player "from Warrington" that can play for the Lions. Not only that, but we've signed 3 players of our own. Mendieka and Dwyer out on loan, Burke and Laithwaite injured, three new Swinton signings! Either way, I'd have to agree, people voicing their angers on this forum (repeatedly), isn't going to do anything at all. We're fans of Swinton, we go to watch them play every week, we don't write their contracts.

Bryce and little lion man....I couldn't agree more

Its become repetitive strain of the eyes and ears.

This forum is for open debate. Im entitled to my opinion just as much as other posters. What I don't like is the brow beaters and thought police that tell me what to post. If it's re-iteration of previous issues it's most likely because that individual feels strongly about it. And before i am belittled as a troll or antagonist i bleed the same colour as you all, Lions blue. Even if i do feel that it has been diluted somewhat this year

I've not really said people aren't entitled to their opinions, it's just the same stuff over and over again. If you feel so strongly, do something about it, coming on here will not do anything at all.

The RFL make the rules, I'd start with them.

I've not really said people aren't entitled to their opinions, it's just the same stuff over and over again. If you feel so strongly, do something about it, coming on here will not do anything at all.

The RFL make the rules, I'd start with them.

. How can it be the same! Mendieka has only just been loaned to London! It's the fact that this has been imparted on the Warrington site that has led to the debate.

Im pretty much certain on this open forum I can say over and over again how bored I am of the constant return to this topic

How the verbal brow beaters feel the need to tell us how wrong and how rubbish it all is and expect us to agree with them and post in the same fashion.

Its not a debate. Its a load of opinion based on a bobbins amount of fact.

Im bored to tears with it.

. How can it be the same! Mendieka has only just been loaned to London! It's the fact that this has been imparted on the Warrington site that has led to the debate.

It's the D/R issue with Warrington isn't it? Same issue as before? One less "Warrington" player away from the Lions however you look at it.

It's not the DR issue. It's the open debate about the reporting that he is a Warrington player as reported by them. If we can't talk about it here when can we?

It's not the DR issue. It's the open debate about the reporting that he is a Warrington player as reported by them. If we can't talk about it here when can we?

Look back at the countless topics with the rest of the RL world telling us that the 6 players we signed in January are still Wire players and the Swinton Lions are no more than a feeder club. It's come up over and over again. It has been talked to death.

However, you will also find a letter posted on here, from the RFL, stating that the 6 players in question had been signed on by Swinton and were 100% Swinton players (same issue as above) in their eyes. Read into that what you will, but the RFL has also released a statement saying that there is confusion over the current situation with Mendieka. They have stated that he is on loan at London Broncos from Swinton Lions.

And again, I'm not saying you can't post it on here, I'm just stating that it's the same posts over and over again, it's boring IMO. And as people have done previously you can raise it with the RFL, Warrington and Swinton.

Finally, as many fans have stated, the situation is most definitely not ideal but with the current rules as they are it's the best chance Swinton Lions (and the other DR teams) have of staying in the Championship, FACT. Maybe, and hopefully, the rules will change next season and we'll get on with supporting our team as a collective. In the meantime this is what we have been given, get behind the lads playing in the Swinton blue.

i bleed the same colour as you all, Lions blue.

No Kozo you really don't. Your support comes with conditions, my support is unconditional. massive difference.

I think with all RL fans the game is in your blood, it's infection began with seeing Danny Wilson as a very small child. I just can't help it if i think external influences are diluting it.

It is "same old, same old" so far as those who support the way Swinton Lions have gone about partnering, but the loan deal for James Mendeika provides fresh evidence to support the views of those of us who believe the "signing" of 6 players by Swinton from Warrington was a total sham.

Warrington have reported Mendeika is still a Warrington player. London have reported Mendeika is still a Warrington player. Surely anyone seeing this must at least have SOME doubts about the sincerity of his supposed 12 month deal to be a Swinton player?? Blind loyalty is being taken to another level otherwise!

Nobody ever doubted him or the others to be anything other than Warrington assets the term loan qualifying that. I guess the question is can a Loan player then be re-loaned on to another club by the original loan club.

Well clearly the answer is yes and clearly Warrington would have had to have input into it.

A loan is exactly what it says something used by another person and then returned.

It is "same old, same old" so far as those who support the way Swinton Lions have gone about partnering, but the loan deal for James Mendeika provides fresh evidence to support the views of those of us who believe the "signing" of 6 players by Swinton from Warrington was a total sham.

Warrington have reported Mendeika is still a Warrington player. London have reported Mendeika is still a Warrington player. Surely anyone seeing this must at least have SOME doubts about the sincerity of his supposed 12 month deal to be a Swinton player?? Blind loyalty is being taken to another level otherwise!

I don't think people are behind the way we've gone about it Phil. But I'm not going to sit in on a Sunday or watch S**ford, I'm going to watch the Lions.

Its now about the sincerity of the player?

Make your mind up which argument it is.

Im sure none of us think any of this situation is ideal.

Its rugby league so its all a huge cock up

The difference for me is I don't believe its such a big deal that I have to remove my support for something whos existence is tenuous ,even if you're being generous, at best

We ALL know things are far from perfect at our own club and many others.

I certainly don't need a pseudo intellectual breakdown of such insulting condescension from anyone as to what and why something is not perfect

The concentration on one negative aspect has become ridiculous.

The signing of the three none DR players this week gives a clear hint at a plan for the future. No histrionics on that thread. In fact barely a word spoken

Good or bad its time to man up and get behind our team

And it is BLUND LOYALTY. Its not a bad thing

Its what makes us true fans

I hope you can find that same feeling at Leigh

Blind loyalty, missed that bit. Do you know you're addressing the fans of a club that hasn't played in the town for the last twenty years?! And it's not because we win the league every year is it?!

In fact, most Swinton fans would probably turn around and say "yes, I am completely mental, I'm a Swinton fan". You seem to be trying to rationalise irrational behaviours.