Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Futtocks

Justin Bieber & Anne Frank

14 posts in this topic

The professionally outraged may be getting all red-faced and angry about his comments in the museum's guestbook, but the number of people aware of the life of Anne Frank has just gone up by about twelvety squillion. You could argue that this is not actually a Bad Thing.

... and this site will probably see an upturn in traffic too by you referencing him!!

What is shows is that if you are a young person who has had huge amounts of fame from a young age then you can lose some sense of grounding.

I haven't heard any of Biebers music (to my knowledge) and haven't seen anything he has done but he does have a very punchable face. 

I haven't heard any of Biebers music (to my knowledge)

Shrill. Very shrill. Avoid.

What is shows is that if you are a young person who has had huge amounts of fame from a young age then you can lose some sense of grounding.

I haven't heard any of Biebers music (to my knowledge) and haven't seen anything he has done but he does have a very punchable face.

He claimed to be this generations Kurt Cobain.

Whereas he is in fact just a crock of #### invented to separate pre-teen girls from their hard won pocket money. This represents all that is bad about the music "industry"

I don't have a problem with his comments, what Beiber represent notwithstanding.

Visiting the museum is part of becoming 'grounded': good for him. His comments were well meant from what I can see: and people express themselvs in different ways. If Anne Frank was a dutch teenager today, she might well  be into Beiber

No. She would have had more sense. Beiber is under remote control from his PR people.

In a way I feel a bit sorry for Bieber as I don't think I'd want every single daft comment I'd made as a teenager being analysed by the world at large. That said, I don't think I would have said anything as daft as this.

In a way I feel a bit sorry for Bieber as I don't think I'd want every single daft comment I'd made as a teenager being analysed by the world at large. That said, I don't think I would have said anything as daft as this.

Of the two, I feel more sorry for Anne Frank.

By all accounts she was an "ordinairy" 14 year old girl. Given that his statement may well be true. 

On a related note heres an extract from the real Ann Frank diary:

diary.jpg

Sorry. Sorry.