Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thundergaz

DP to Cas?

185 posts in this topic

Heard Daryl's interview on Radio Leeds delighted with players and performance,no questions asked about supposed rumour,did Daryl have anything to say in his after match interview in the club house ?

No. No denial from anyone either

No. No daenial from anyone either

Apparently hes announced in club house hes sataying at rovers

No. No denial from anyone either

Did any actually ask though?

one guy at rovers today asked him outright, and he said press speculation and he was staying at rovers

Not true!!!

All he meant by that was that he was frying some chicken in peanut butter for his tea.

All he meant by that was that he was frying some chicken in peanut butter for his tea.

:lol:  :lol: :lol:  

Did any actually ask though?

Not during his post match interview, although someone from the audience did try but he hurried off stage. 

Some in the clubhouse did ask him - heard him say something along the lines 'I've been asked that 300 times today.' But he didn't go on to deny it to the questioner..............

I would have thought that if there was no truth behind these stories we would have heard by now, after yesterdays result I would have thought the club would be screaming abut what a fantastic coach we have and how he will be taking us into SL but NO not a word, sometimes what is not said gives you an idea of what is happening!! hope I'm wrong, I mean why would he go to a club that there is a strong possibility we could be replacing in SL!!  

They even talked about it on the round up of SL games on tele last night. Showing the Cas match they went on to say that there is intense speculation  about DP going to Cas. For a Championship club to get a mention on a SL programme is unique. Why doesn't the club either confirm or deny it. 

What about this... DP applys for C@s  job, gets job then hold a meeting with our board to renegotiate his terms to stay at Featherstone.  He knows we have money in the pot and after some of the rumours I have heard about things said to him.; why not?

It's who he takes with him if he goes that's what I'm more worried about. Also the longer this drags out the worse it is IMO. I just wish it would get done and dusted ASAP one way or the other.

I believe the newspaper article was a rehash of old speculation. I reckon it was published by someone trying to unsettle the Club before the toughest game of the season so far. The rumour has already been denied. The only people speculating is us on here. Why would the BOD comment on something that isn't happening?

With speculation in the press and on the television  surely the right thing to do by the club is to make an official announcement. THAT would end all speculation one way or another. 

I believe the newspaper article was a rehash of old speculation. I reckon it was published by someone trying to unsettle the Club before the toughest game of the season so far. The rumour has already been denied. The only people speculating is us on here. Why would the BOD comment on something that isn't happening?

That's very similar to what I posted on Facebook yesterday pre match.

That's very similar to what I posted on Facebook yesterday pre match.

Ominous "non statements" emitting from the Club. IF he goes, my bet is that such players as Crossley and Lockie, to name but two, would follow him.At the moment, just sit back and go with the flow. Nowt we can do about the situation. The world will not grind to a halt. We have weathered worse storms than this.

If he is contracted to Rovers and he leaves I would think the club would be entitled to a payment, but if he leaves at the end of the season which I think is when his contract runs out we will get nothing, if he is going to go he should go now and let the club get on with taking the place of Cas in SL........... 

not sure but i think his contract runs untill the end of the 2014 season but i could be wrong

I predicted we would beat fax. So seen as though I'm on a roll I predict DP will stay put and I also predict he's not even in the running for the c@s job as I doubt he's even applied for the job. Just too many things that lead to my predictions and only paper talk to him leaving. ( like I say its just a prediction and we will just have to wait and see).

With speculation in the press and on the television  surely the right thing to do by the club is to make an official announcement. THAT would end all speculation one way or another. 

What would they say ?

If they say Daryl's not going and then he does, they just look daft.  You're assuming they know - and happen they don't.

I predicted we would beat fax. So seen as though I'm on a roll I predict DP will stay put and I also predict he's not even in the running for the c@s job as I doubt he's even applied for the job. Just too many things that lead to my predictions and only paper talk to him leaving. ( like I say its just a prediction and we will just have to wait and see).

oh sugar

What would they say ?

If they say Daryl's not going and then he does, they just look daft.  You're assuming they know - and happen they don't.

If he is under contract as it has been said he is then the club must know as any approach would have to go through the correct channels. If Cas have approached him illegally then more fools them. So all we want is the club to say no approach has been made. If his contract is broken it is the breakers who look daft not the club.

It'll be reight