Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thundergaz

DP to Cas?

185 posts in this topic

He's gone now peter. Time for us to move on together mate. Lamenting the past will do us no good.... look at the post revie era at leeds.

If the bod have in mind the bloke who can do the job..well, and is available, I really don't see the need for advertising/interviews etc when they already have a preferred candidate. Just my opinion peter.

That's not to say I kniw if the bod will advertise or not. I don't know!

Daryl has done a fantastic job at Fev and its a shame it ended this way. The board should have given him this season to try to deliver a grand final win. Clearly been on the cards with the fact that John Bastian was at the match yesterday already. I wish Bastian the best of luck but given that the job is such an attractive one it should have been advertised and the best applicant chosen. It stinks of jobs for the boys this unfortunately, hope he does well but being the youth coach at Warrington doesn't make him the outstanding candidate for the job. Hope the players aren't too gutted with what's happened. Mark Campbell and co have done a great job for Fev over the years, but this decision is too Abramovich for me, and i'm sick of seeing Feisals garbage on the website too, i'm greatful for his sponsorship money but he knows ###### all about rugby.

There is at the moment, a shortage of coaches, looking for positions, who could fill DPs boots. Knew several weeks ago that he was leaving, but surprised at his choice of clubs. Only hope he does not take one or two players with him.

cas advertised, cas interviewed, cas got millward.

He's gone now peter. Time for us to move on together mate. Lamenting the past will do us no good.... look at the post revie era at leeds.

If the bod have in mind the bloke who can do the job..well, and is available, I really don't see the need for advertising/interviews etc when they already have a preferred candidate. Just my opinion peter.

That's not to say I kniw if the bod will advertise or not. I don't know!

Agree, advertisements and interviews are overrated anyway. In an interview, the candidates invariably say what the panel want to hear and often come across as bland and homogenous. Far better to make a decision based on what you know of the candidate, particularly if you have done your research.

It is also obvious the new mans immediate results will be measured against Powells marvellous record; The pressure will be on from the off...so the board will have to get this one right otherwise all the hard work could easily be undone;

my thoughts for what they are worth stick with Ryan & Danny maybe for this season see how it go's on caretaker basis or be big bold and brass talk to Karl Harrison as I see it losing dp will undermine us why not undermine others.

No but may have been a demonstarator or a showroom vehicle etc so technically no owner bar the dealerhsip - im sure he will be in his BM pretty soon though and the local taxi firms will fight it out for that octavia

Daryl took his last  video session & training with full squad on tuesday  before they go to play catalan he said he wouldnt change too much straight away as he had a mix of youth & experience After  watching  their last game  he told them to get kitted up & take  their usual position on the the training field when he got there himself they were all stood behind the sticks