Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graham

Australia v New Zealand

RL: Australia v New Zealand - Poll   6 members have voted

1. 1. Who'll win the test match this weekend in Canberra?

• Australia will thrash New Zealand
    • Australia by a comfortable margin
    • Australia but it'll be a close call
    • Draw
    • New Zealand will edge it
    • New Zealand will win comfortably
    • New Zealand will give Australia an absolute pasting

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 posts in this topic

kevin_proctor_of_the_kiwis_is_tackled_by

Kangaroos v Kiwis

Predictions invited for:

Final score
Man of the Match
First  try scorer

Will the game be a meaningless walk over for Australia over a weakened New Zealand?

Australian Team: Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Brett Morris, Johnathan Thurston. Cooper Cronk, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith (capt), James Tamou, Greg Bird, Sam Thaiday, Paul Gallen. Interchange: Kurt Gidley, Luke Lewis, Nate Myles, Anthony Watmough. 18th man: Josh Morris.

New Zealand Team: Jesse Bromwich, Kieran Foran, Alex Glenn, Josh Hoffman, Shaun Johnson, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Issac Luke, Simon Mannering, Ben Matulino, Sam McKendry, Jason Nightingale, Sam Perrett, Frank Pritchard, Kevin Proctor, Jeremy Smith, Elijah Taylor, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Dean Whare.

OK then,

Score - 30 - 6 to Australia

MOM - Jonathan Thurston

First try scorer - Brett Morris

I really hope I'm completely wrong on this, but the Kiwis are missing some guys who could make a real difference. I'll be cheering on the KIwis as ever in these games, but that's an awesome line up the Aussies can put out.

To be fair I wouldn't mind if England could have a squad as good as that Kiwi one.

Realistically though Kiwis haven't done well in these mid-season tests.

Not only is the Aussie squad good on paper, or PC screen, they are all in really good form.

Score - 24 - 12 to Australia MZcy0zl.gif

MOM - Cooper Cronk

First try scorer - Matt Scott

00049152-leadimage.jpg

Final score: Australia 28 - 14 New Zealand

Man of the Match: Johnathan Thurston

First  try scorer: Brett Morris

Has it kicked off yet? If not ill go with the following:

Australia 22 - New Zealand 10

MoM - Cooper Cronk

First Try - SKD

National Anthems now being played. Match to start shortly.

First try scorer Cooper Cronk after about 5 minutes.Assist from Matt Scott - you were close there Bourbon Rat

20 mins gone - still 6-0 to Australia

Kiwis having fair share of possession and chances.

Glenn over vid ref no try.

Kiwis over again but Klein says no try again. Hodges knocked on but somehow it was considered minor compared to an obstruction that followed. Strange. Oz got penalty for second offense!

Kiwis having a good spell. Over try line again, but knock on from Pritchard. That's three in a row decisions against Kiwis.

Kiwis playing good stuff.

Kiwis get reward for perseverance. Get great try after kick through from Frank Pritchard right on half time for Hoffman.

12-6 to Oz. Vid ref needed again.

16-6 now Morris in this time.

Final Score: Australia 32 - 12 New Zealand (margin 20 points)

First Try Scorer: Cooper Cronk

Man of the Match: Cameron Smith

With the amount of posession the Kiwis had and the chances they had, they really should've been in front. There was a touch of inevitability in the second half when the Aussies got the greater share of possesion that they would score a few. Thought Keiran Foran had a really good game for the Kiwis though, and that was a very nice little kick from Frank Pritchard to set up the Kiwis first try.

thirteenthman  30-6 (margin 24 points) to Australia; MoM J Thurston; 1st Try B Morris

Bourbon Rat  24-12 (margin 12 points) to Australia; MoM Cronk; 1st Try M Scott

G Las D 28-14 (margin 14 points) to Australia; MoM J Thurston; 1st Try B Morris

Southstander 22-10 (margin 12 points)  to Australia; MoM J Thurston; 1st Try B Morris

1st Try Scorer None of us correctly predicted the first try scorer, but the player Bourbon Rat nominated (M Scott) did supply the pass to Cronk who scored it - I call that the closest call there.

Man of the Match: Cameron Smith - none of us picked him out - we must have been either mad or spoilt for choice.

Final Score: 32-12 to Australia - none of us got that spot on, well what were the chances of that??? All the same thirteenthman was closest to the winning margin for an Australian victory (+4points), so he wins that one.

As for the poll, I'd call that a comfortable win in the end for Australia. It would be unkind to call it a thrashing as I reckon the Kiwis being 6 all at half time and having a lot of possession and initiative early in the second half deserve credit for that. You'll have your own view on that.

Those predicting a comfortable win for Australia were: Dennis Bloonock, Bourbon Rat and G Las D

thirteenthman and jascksy may disagree on that one.

I don't really think a 20 point margin is a thrashing nowadays, even at test match level, so I'll give you that one. ;)  :D 

I like the look of that Kiwi squad.

There's a lot of raw talent in there.

An experienced Aussie team saw them off today but  with more game time they'll be hard to beat.

Why wasn`t a Pommy ref in charge as has happened in the last few years? Klein and those blokes in the video box should be had up for robbery. Four visits to them and four Aussie decisions,but it`s not surprising,the Warriors have to cop this ###### every game. No wonder the Kiwis caved in in the second half trying to beat the Aussie team and the "neutral" refs.

"Pommy Ref"? What is Ashley Klein? Terrible reffing, especially ruling that a second infringement should take precedent over the first because the second was greater. A load of B******s. However, the Aussies were the better team in spite of Klein. Kiwis were let down by silly penalties, knock on's and poor kicking options. 3 out of 10 completions in the second half. No one can win with that stat.

Kiwis weren't allowed quick start after "dead ball" because Klein wasn't fit enough to get back in place. Two refs definitely needed.

Was the Samoa v Tonga match shown in UK?

What physicality. The Tongans were too big and energetic and won easily. Fuifui a great game, 100metres in the first half!!