Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blackpool Hawk

Workington Away trip - Harry's Naughty Forty

84 posts in this topic

Quick trawl..........

National express  £89

Rail   £59

Car   £40/45 depending on mpg

Hunslet Bus  £19

pays your money and takes your choice ;)

If you wouldn't have shaven your hair off and put a dress on you could have passed mate.

probally because i've seen plenty of women in south Leeds with 5 o'clock shadows.............

Quick trawl..........

National express  £89

Rail   £59

Car   £40/45 depending on mpg

Hunslet Bus  £19

pays your money and takes your choice ;)

I know that you would'nt find it cheaper , but its suppose to be helping fans out here , not charging £5/6 over the top , it shows , cut the price and people will come .............remember Hull FC , Old Boys ran a bus to Rochdale at £5 and did'nt lose............. ;)

£16 you saved from not attending yesterday will cover cost to Worky, Happy days! 2 for 1 on Seabrookes in weatherspoons too  :D

£16 you saved from not attending yesterday will cover cost to Worky, Happy days! 2 for 1 on Seabrookes in weatherspoons too  :D

I've still got that Whitehaven ticket , and Garbo's lent me some of his pens , no probs , Lidl crisps mate , make sure you bring that tombola pan n brush for coach , "We,ve swept the coach before boys & so we shall again" B) Would'nt want Lenin to lose his/are £40 deposit

£16 you saved from not attending yesterday will cover cost to Worky, Happy days! 2 for 1 on Seabrookes in weatherspoons too :D

Evans & Cronies on tour 2013

Evans & Cronies on tour 2013

Me , sid , mark , Garbo are members of the LAC not the Cronies Ha Ha :D

Me , sid , mark , Garbo are members of the LAC not the Cronies Ha Ha :D

It must be FREE membership in the LAC if your a member?  :O

It must be FREE membership in the LAC if your a member?  :O

It's better value than a packet of Seabrookes.............

If anyone has any Hunslet flags, please bring them Sunday  Captain Sellers has 5 that we are taking to put up at the ground, Any more would be great, we want to make it like a home match and get behind the lads for Sundays massive match.

No confetti though, draw a line there!  :D

Workington expecting to hammer us according to their forum, i think we can do well up there if start well, they reckon we cant live with their forwards, but i think we have the best set of forwards we have had for many a year, Yates in form of his life, Menzies and Haley are like battering rams and Singleton is a class act add to that an in form Tommy Haughey and Houston, and the speed and skill of Hood and Haigh, we can match anyone IMO, Cant wait for Sunday.

I cant wait either gaz, a real yardstick to see how we are progressing.Its not gonna be easy and everyone is going to be on top form but if its the same team as last week ( not sure about Wello) then we can pull it off.Carter from full bk is the dangerman and hooker Mattinson is a real handful, our kicking game has to be spot on and im still waiting for a 40/20 this season.Lets hope we start well and not give the half time try away, Thackray should at least give us a few penalties to get us downfield, one minite awesome next a liability!

All the pre-match comments can only be conjecture as neither set of fans really has much to go on regarding the other team, apart from results - we've not even had the chance to check each other out on Premier Sports as yet !!

Interesting though that the Workington fans think they will have the edge up front but us the edge in the backs, because the pack, and the front row especially, has been at the heart of everything good we have done recently !!

If as so often happens in Cumbria it turns into a forward battle, it could be very interesting indeed. I suspect that if we come out of the dressing rooms with our game heads on and maintain it for 80 minutes we might have a little bit too much ... but that's not really happened since Whitehaven at home about two months ago.

Looking forward to a good day out on Sunday ...

The aussie Stack is a good forward thats for sure, Lupton will try to set up position from stand off so we need Grimmer back to his best.Signs of March,y back to form last week and Keino diff gravy to their centres, lets hope Chisholm gets a few good passes.Weather forecast could be decent as well a good day looms.

You could always borrow a few fags off LEEDS Blackpool Hawk make your leeds lads feel at home???????

You could always borrow a few fags off LEEDS Blackpool Hawk make your leeds lads feel at home???????

in english please!!!!

hope you all have a safe journey up and bring plenty of fans. i think town fans are confident because weve run the big teams close at home and beaten the teams around us. were a very good side at home with the best pair of hookers in the division. but yous have had some good results this term and a bp up at derwent park will be good for any team in our mini division as it will be at your place. hope yous make plenty of noise and create a great atmosphere.

Workington expecting to hammer us according to their forum, i think we can do well up there if start well, they reckon we cant live with their forwards, but i think we have the best set of forwards we have had for many a year, Yates in form of his life, Menzies and Haley are like battering rams and Singleton is a class act add to that an in form Tommy Haughey and Houston, and the speed and skill of Hood and Haigh, we can match anyone IMO, Cant wait for Sunday.

what a misleading post this is blackpool hawk. No one on our forum expects to hammer hunslet on Sunday. It will be a tough game and we will have to perform to beat hunslet. There are no easy games in this league. Have safe journey up.

Workington expecting to hammer us according to their forum, i think we can do well up there if start well, they reckon we cant live with their forwards, but i think we have the best set of forwards we have had for many a year, Yates in form of his life, Menzies and Haley are like battering rams and Singleton is a class act add to that an in form Tommy Haughey and Houston, and the speed and skill of Hood and Haigh, we can match anyone IMO, Cant wait for Sunday.

Have you been on the batter already BH !!!! you must be reading a different forum to the one I go on !!!!

Think our pack will be to much for them and we will have the home advantage so I predict town 42 Hunslet 18

even with the dual reg for hunslet, town win this by at least 18.

Would that be the same forum these came from? Anyway as i have said looking forward to the game and the day, should be a decent atmosphere and a cracking game, may the best team in myrtle white and flame win! 

PS Get plenty of beer in, the Naughty Forty are coming to town!

Would that be the same forum these came from? Anyway as i have said looking forward to the game and the day, should be a decent atmosphere and a cracking game, may the best team in myrtle white and flame win!

PS Get plenty of beer in, the Naughty Forty are coming to town!

that's hardly the general.consensus BH.

i was the one who said wed win by 18. its hardly saying wed batter you, thats only 3 converted tries, what am i supposed to predict? a hawks vicrory?

i was the one who said wed win by 18. its hardly saying wed batter you, thats only 3 converted tries, what am i supposed to predict? a hawks vicrory?

would be nice haha

anything could happen tbh, we were dire for 40 mins at swinton and brilliant for the next 40, ive backed worky twice at doncaster and york and had my fingers burned both times on them this season. This is a team that couldnt beat Gateshead 6 month ago,( yes i know they had injuries ) however they are a differant animal at home but we beat them last time we played them up there so its not  impossible. I dont think a draw is out of the question here, whatever a bonus point has got to be the minimum we come away with.

anything could happen tbh, we were dire for 40 mins at swinton and brilliant for the next 40, ive backed worky twice at doncaster and york and had my fingers burned both times on them this season. This is a team that couldnt beat Gateshead 6 month ago,( yes i know they had injuries ) however they are a differant animal at home but we beat them last time we played them up there so its not impossible. I dont think a draw is out of the question here, whatever a bonus point has got to be the minimum we come away with.

being dire for 40 and brilliant for 40 is something town fans can relate to believe me. I wouldn't say we had injuries at gateshead i'd say we were injury ravaged. I would happily give that gateshead side 40 start against our current side. Expecting nothing but a tough game against the hawks on Sunday.