Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Havenwarrior

What A Farce

60 posts in this topic

I think it's close enough to what we have now to be feasable, We already have the U14s, U15s & U16s its whats happening beyond that which is farcical.

My preference would be to have U17s, U19s and then a version of the old 'A' team

But why is this a good system? Is it based on any science?

Anybody can make up different age brackets and say this is right, stop messing with it.

A team players want paying. Super League clubs can't afford to pay any more players. Super League is making a mockery of Rugby League. I lost all interest in it after about the third season, but now they are ruining the Championship as well with this ridiculous dual reg farce. All credit to North Wales Crusaders, and the other clubs who refuse to take part in it.

But why is this a good system? Is it based on any science?

Anybody can make up different age brackets and say this is right, stop messing with it.

Yes it's based soundly in maturation science, introduces specificity at the correct times and allows challenge at the appropriate levels of development.

Players can be identified and provided with a periodised training programme to aid, control and monitor their level of development.

Without kidnapping young players and sending them to a communist style gulag where they're mercilessly honed into the perfect rugby league payer, it's as good as it'll get.

Yes it's based soundly in maturation science, introduces specificity at the correct times and allows challenge at the appropriate levels of development.

Players can be identified and provided with a periodised training programme to aid, control and monitor their level of development.

Without kidnapping young players and sending them to a communist style gulag where they're mercilessly honed into the perfect rugby league payer, it's as good as it'll get.

because you say so? Is this system affordable for RL in this country?

I think some posters are missing the point in this thread.   Back at the start of the season when dual registration was announced the rule was that any number of SL players at a club could be dual registered but only 5 could be named in any match day 17 players.

Warrington and Swinton announced that six players, which included Mendieka, had been dual registered with Swinton.   On the Friday before the first match it was announced that Paul Wood, Tyrone McCarthy and James Laithwaite had been dual registered and would play in the first game on Sunday aagainst Workington.    It was only when people asked questions about this that it was announced that the six players previously named had now all become Swinton players and were no longer Warrington players and so the six players plus the other three named played in the first game.

This last week Warrington announced that their player Mendieka was to go on loan to London Broncos and then tried to explain this decision as saying that he was actually going on loan from Swinton.   The question here is "how could Warrington make this announcement if the player was a genuine Swinton player, as stated?".    Surely, the RFL can see that this is a loophole that the two clubs fully exploited and needs looking at now for the remainder of this season and not waiting until next season before dealing with it.  

Nobody is missing the point. We are aware of the issue.

Its a forgone conclusion that a PR statement from Mr Rimmer will declare DR a success at the end of the season.

That statement will be published at such a point when there is more important (to the RFL) Rugby League news going on.

its a clear as day that the system has been abused. The RFL choose to sit back and do nowt.

Nobody is missing the point. We are aware of the issue.

Not good enough, you should throw your arms up in horror and demand Warrington are banished to Union for life.

On a serious note, there is apparent confusion as to what has actually happened and Warrington do have questions to answer as to why they are making announcements about players who are not theirs and London should be asked who have they done a deal with.

This smacks of early salary cap shenanigans, its only when people try and beat the system you find the loopholes ( see tax law ad infinitum ). Warrington seem to be first off the mark this time.

Its no drama, and if Warrington have stepped out of line then a suitable punishment should be used, though there may not be one available, if they have just beaten the system then a hole needs plugging.

Not good enough, you should throw your arms up in horror and demand Warrington are banished to Union for life.

On a serious note, there is apparent confusion as to what has actually happened and Warrington do have questions to answer as to why they are making announcements about players who are not theirs and London should be asked who have they done a deal with.

This smacks of early salary cap shenanigans, its only when people try and beat the system you find the loopholes ( see tax law ad infinitum ). Warrington seem to be first off the mark this time.

Its no drama, and if Warrington have stepped out of line then a suitable punishment should be used, though there may not be one available, if they have just beaten the system then a hole needs plugging.

yep

Just to add a bit more fuel to the fire, Warrington's sqaud for the weekend:

4 Ryan Atkins, 29 Danny Bridge, 10 Garreth Carvell, 17 Mike Cooper, 24 Ben Currie, 13 Ben Harrison, 14 Micky Higham, 20 Chris Hill, 1 Brett Hodgson, 21 Tyrone McCarthy, 5 Joel Monaghan, 9 Michael Monaghan, 7 Richie Myler, 23 Gareth O'Brien, 2 Chris Riley, 31 Glenn Riley, 11 Trent Waterhouse, 22 Rhys Williams , 16 Paul Wood

On a serious note, there is apparent confusion as to what has actually happened and Warrington do have questions to answer as to why they are making announcements about players who are not theirs and London should be asked who have they done a deal with.

This smacks of early salary cap shenanigans, its only when people try and beat the system you find the loopholes ( see tax law ad infinitum ). Warrington seem to be first off the mark this time.

We are back to the "spirit of" the process like when Wigan broke the salary cap. It seems Swinton signed these players from Warrington, supplemented by further Warrington players on DR, but are now loaning them back to Warrington on demand.

Leaving aside the SL club issues, there are bigger implications in the Championship. Barrow are trying to develop local young players - it's possible they could be relegated trying to do the right thing while a club that blatantly exploits the loopholes of the system and doesn't even have a squad of their 'own' players stays up. That can't be right or acceptable surely ? It'll be interesting to see how many 'Wire' players play in the cup for Swinton this weekend, or will their real parent club not want them cup tied ?

As part of the DR link up, can Warrington play any Swinton players, or is it only the other way round?

As part of the DR link up, can Warrington play any Swinton players, or is it only the other way round?

Well any club can loan a player at anytime so I'd say the answer is yes but it wouldn't need to be part of the DR process, just a standard loan agreement. For example, at Workington we have a promising 18 year old forward called Jack Gaskell who isn't getting much game time, so we've loaned him to Widnes so he can play in their U19 team.

Well any club can loan a player at anytime so I'd say the answer is yes but it wouldn't need to be part of the DR process, just a standard loan agreement. For example, at Workington we have a promising 18 year old forward called Jack Gaskell who isn't getting much game time, so we've loaned him to Widnes so he can play in their U19 team.

I was asking more on the DR system which means a loan agreement isn't needed and can be done on a flexible basis.

It would be good if somebody would explain all this as the RFL is obviously allowing the registration of these players.

Reasonably sure DR can only go from SL to Champs but not got op rules to hand to confirm. A SL club can however loan a player from a champ club, which is presumably how Glenn Riley finds himself in Wire's squad this weekend. It will, or at least should, mean he cant go back to Swinton for 4 weeks though.

Reasonably sure DR can only go from SL to Champs but not got op rules to hand to confirm. A SL club can however loan a player from a champ club, which is presumably how Glenn Riley finds himself in Wire's squad this weekend. It will, or at least should, mean he cant go back to Swinton for 4 weeks though.

Wasn't there a change to the loan process which allows for weekly loans? I may have made that up!!

Wasn't there a change to the loan process which allows for weekly loans? I may have made that up!!

Judt managed to get at the operational rules without pdf so:

Dual reg def only allowed from SL to champs.

Looks like there has been a change to the min 28 day loan but only where the agreement precludes the player being used in 1st team games.

Judt managed to get at the operational rules without pdf so:

Dual reg def only allowed from SL to champs.

Looks like there has been a change to the min 28 day loan but only where the agreement precludes the player being used in 1st team games.

Operational Rule C1:2:16c says...

the loan shall be for a minimum period of 28 days, save where the loan agreement states that the player may only play for Reserve or Academy teams (in which case the minimum period shall be 48 hours)

Operational Rule C1:2:16c says...

the loan shall be for a minimum period of 28 days, save where the loan agreement states that the player may only play for Reserve or Academy teams (in which case the minimum period shall be 48 hours)

Which would come into play for the kid on loan at Widnes from Workington, but not in the case of Glenn Riley as he is in the Wolves first team squad for Sunday, is that right?

Which would come into play for the kid on loan at Widnes from Workington, but not in the case of Glenn Riley as he is in the Wolves first team squad for Sunday, is that right?

That's be my interpretation of it.

because you say so? Is this system affordable for RL in this country?

FFS!

Go do some research then and when youve put the hours in and got the qualifications you can come back and admit that I was right.

FFS!

Go do some research then and when youve put the hours in and got the qualifications you can come back and admit that I was right.

so youve researched that this is affordable and sustainable for RL?

I assume if this theory is 'fact' that every major sport utilises the above system?

Once again the RFL have allowed a can of worms to manifest and still just shut their eyes hoping it will go away. Sorry but the RFL should be coming out and making a statement one way or another and saying exactly what the case is and clearing any misunderstandings out. Is he a Warrington player? is he a Swinton player? And if he is a Swinton player why is the news announnced on the Warrington Website if he has NO connections to Warrington? I dont blame Swinton, Warrington or London for the mess. The problem lies in the fact that the Dual regs system is not very clear and its clear certain clubs are using loopholes and trying to get around things for their benefit-which you would expect from any club. The RFL for me should have made it very clear regarding the Dual regs and loans at the beginning. As it currently stands its make the rules up as and when a situation arises. How can the game and competition like the Championship have much respect when such situations are allowed to happen and nothing really done to make it clear what the exact situation is.

More confusion as a Wire player? Maybe a Swinton player returns to the Wire

But he has returned to Warrington on loan and made a dream try-scoring debut in a 74-4 Tetley’s Challenge Cup fourth round tie at Keighley on Sunday.

The move has put him out of contention for next week’s Championship clash between Swinton and Haven, shown on Premier Sports, as initial loans are always for a one-month spell.

“I’m a bit gutted because you want to play against people you know, when it’s your hometown club,” said the 21-year-old.

“Swinton have a new coach Gary Chambers and when he puts his systems in place I think they will be a really good side.

“It will be a really close game, tough for both sides, and a good one to watch.”

While the official line is that he is a registered Swinton player on loan with the Wolves, their partner club, he is a full-time pro and considers himself still a Warrington man.

And he is now hoping to start to make his mark with the top-flight club this term.

The former Wath Brow Hornet was last week linked in the press with New Zealand Warriors, and he revealed there had been contact from the Aussie NRL club, though he is not planning a move Down Under in the near future.

“They spoke to my agent and asked if I would ever be interested in going to Australia in the future.

“It’s nothing for the immediate future, more long-term, down the road a couple of years,” said Riley, from Moor Row.

“It’s a dream to play in Australia and something I would definitely consider.”