Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Havenwarrior

What A Farce

60 posts in this topic

As a Swinton fan it stinks to high heaven that an alleged permanent signing admits that he is essentially a "Warrington man".just so glad I no longer attend games.

Is Ryan Shaw a swinton player or a warrington player? 

I believe he is a permanently signed Swinton player

he is still on the warrington website as a 1st team player thats all.......

cmon warrington update you're website! :blink:

People can post on here about this situation as many times as they want but unless people express their opinions through the proper channels nothing will be done about it.

I sent an e-mail to Jonathon Roberts, Director of Performance and Coaching, who was charged with setting up this dual registered system.    I asked about the Mendeika loan to Broncos and how it was announced by Warrington, even though the player was "supposedly" a Swinton player and it was changed to the official line that Swinton loaned the player to Broncos.   The player himself was quoted as saying that Tony Smith rang him and told him about the loan agreement.   

Then Glen Riley was said to be going on loan from Swinton back to Warrington but in the local newspaper in Cumbria it was being said that although the official line was that he was signed by Swinton he still considers himself as a Warrington player as he trains full-time with them.

I said in my e-mail that it did not look as if either club had broken any rules but the general perception was that they were not acting within the spirit of the system and it was a way of Warrington getting games for "their" players, albeit signed by Swinton, and I asked how anyone at the RFL could say that the integrity of the Championship was not being affected.

The reply I received said, "I understand your point.   We are discussing the issue.  The regulations are not being miss used but I do understand the perception is different and this does not assist in a positive manner.   I will revert back.    Regards Jon Roberts."

Will anything change between now and the end of the season?    I doubt it, but I feel sure that there will be changes for next season but will that be too late for a club, who played within the spirit of the system, being relegated.

People can post on here about this situation as many times as they want but unless people express their opinions through the proper channels nothing will be done about it.

I sent an e-mail to Jonathon Roberts, Director of Performance and Coaching, who was charged with setting up this dual registered system. I asked about the Mendeika loan to Broncos and how it was announced by Warrington, even though the player was "supposedly" a Swinton player and it was changed to the official line that Swinton loaned the player to Broncos. The player himself was quoted as saying that Tony Smith rang him and told him about the loan agreement.

Then Glen Riley was said to be going on loan from Swinton back to Warrington but in the local newspaper in Cumbria it was being said that although the official line was that he was signed by Swinton he still considers himself as a Warrington player as he trains full-time with them.

I said in my e-mail that it did not look as if either club had broken any rules but the general perception was that they were not acting within the spirit of the system and it was a way of Warrington getting games for "their" players, albeit signed by Swinton, and I asked how anyone at the RFL could say that the integrity of the Championship was not being affected.

The reply I received said, "I understand your point. We are discussing the issue. The regulations are not being miss used but I do understand the perception is different and this does not assist in a positive manner. I will revert back. Regards Jon Roberts."

Will anything change between now and the end of the season? I doubt it, but I feel sure that there will be changes for next season but will that be too late for a club, who played within the spirit of the system, being relegated.

Lucky you. 2 weeks after my initial enquiry and one follow up email later I'm still waiting for a reply or even acknowledgement of receipt.

Seems up and coming player Lee Briers could be turning out for Swinton on Thurs night, really good move for the good of the game.

HW

Seems up and coming player Lee Briers could be turning out for Swinton on Thurs night, really good move for the good of the game.

he's a marquee player you know.

HW

aye - the clubs who voted to scrap 2nd teams want shafting.

HW

and young mr morley too