Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

l'angelo mysterioso

Beer at rugby league grounds

76 posts in this topic

What beer would people like to drink at matches?

I'm sure if clubs were made aware of this then eventually changes may be made.

I'm in a way pleasantly surprised that there is at least some, although i shouldnt be because its not enough

You could always buy  bottle of black sheep at the Phoenix Bar at Hunslet, and there was one of the friendliest armosphere's as well-no cliques, no dourness, but I never saw hand pulled beer there. Big Al or Tracey would always know what I likedand have it poured as soon as I walked in.

The beer at my old club has never been less than rank.

there used to be intermittent real ale at Cougar Park, another club with a good social atmos.

I don't know why people have an issue with London Pride: it's better than John Smith's smooth or the ought to be illegal caffreys and washing up water lager. and of course the Stoop is a Union ground.

I think clubs are missing a trick. There are lots of small breweries turning out some great beer on draught and in bottles it's a shame that a connection can't be made.

anything interesting out of hand pumps

It's probably down to the fact people buy enough of the cheap stuff. I don't tend to drink at games so it doesn't affect me directly but I'm sure clubs would be open to the suggestion.

Real Ale......perhaps something from a local brewery

It'd be nice to have some linkup between clubs and their local breweries, but is the demand for real ale enough, compared to the lager market?

Real Ale......perhaps something from a local brewery

I don't pretend to know anything about the catering in large RLFC stadiums but would there be a problem keeping real ale?

The sterilised pish in pressurised casks lasts for ever.

I don't pretend to know anything about the catering in large RLFC stadiums but would there be a problem keeping real ale?

The sterilised pish in pressurised casks lasts for ever.

Well the big union clubs do it

It's a question of having skilled bar staff

Leeds Pale handpulled is available at all Hunslet home games at £2-80 a pint. Leeds Brewery are one of Hunslets sponsors. The beer is always in tip top condition.

Leeds Pale handpulled is available at all Hunslet home games at £2-80 a pint. Leeds Brewery are one of Hunslets sponsors. The beer is always in tip top condition.

Do you reckon this is down to having smaller crowds though? And so could perhaps work with a lower volume and more refined product?

It's just about being creative - Warrington just have some portable stalls which sell ale.

It's just about being creative - Warrington just have some portable stalls which sell ale.

See my post just previous to yours...

Smaller crowds. :P

great beer great price way to go well played Darren Williams and his team

It'd be nice to have some linkup between clubs and their local breweries, but is the demand for real ale enough, compared to the lager market?

The demand appears to be growing......people seem to be growing tired of the same old pishy Carlsberg etc, even young lads seem to be turning to Ale rather than lager these days

The demand appears to be growing......people seem to be growing tired of the same old pishy Carlsberg etc, even young lads seem to be turning to Ale rather than lager these days

Good news but remember; if you don't ask, you don't get. Make your club aware of the demand with a polite request (not a "Why oh why oh why?" missive) and see if they are willing to do something about it.

Dats wot I sed.

Understood. It was a general suggestion to all fans.

Understood. It was a general suggestion to all fans.

That's ok then, now you take the left side of the pennines and I'll take the right.

Onward, real ale soldiers.

As much as a like a decent ale, given it's an 80 mile round trip for me by car to home games, it really doesn't matter to me what alcohol is on sale. :(

Clubs needs to make a profit.

They should sell whatever they can store cheaply and sell in quantity for profit.

Clubs needs to make a profit.

They should sell whatever they can store cheaply and sell in quantity for profit.

True

But other sporting and social organisations seem to manage this

True

But other sporting and social organisations seem to manage this

It is true that certain other sports seem more obsessed with catering than with the quality of the on-pitch product.

It is true that certain other sports seem more obsessed with catering than with the quality of the on-pitch product.

well aye

but the people turn up and they spend their cash.

On Radio 2 a couple of weeks ago there was a business report that said that sales of golden ales and beers had overtaken larger in pubs.

well aye

but the people turn up and they spend their cash.

Also, why can't we have the best of both.