Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daddy

Sam Tomkins to NZ Warriors in 2015 (merged threads)

225 posts in this topic

These guys going to the NRL will definitely benefit England on the park. But it might start to cut into the Exiles game and the Super League.

But possibly if England start to really compete at International level then it will start to grab some media headlines and fan interest generally.

Back to the Topic in question. This is a done deal, and will come early with huge transfer fee to allow the move to go through in 2014.

Sam Tomkins is going to NZ Warriors.

Wigan Warriors announce that fullback Sam Tomkins will join NRL Club New Zealand Warriors from 2014 on a three year deal.

Oh well. At least we won't have to suffer a 'what might have been' moment at the union world cup.

Good luck to him!

Great that he's staying in our game.

Thursday will be his last home game - I'm guessing he'll run his blood to water against Leeds.

Good on Sam Tomkins and I look forward to him lighting up the NRL with the NZ warriors, chance for ryan hampshire or lewis tierney to stake their claims on the #1 spot at Wigan. Still have a gut feeling that he'll be trying his hand at union after the 3 years is up in the NRL for the 2018 world cup as he'll only be 29.

Best of luck Sam.. Happy to see one of our stars taking on the challenge of the NRL again, and the first 'back' of recent times to do so.

It's been reported on sky sports that Wigan may be getting £ 700,000 for Sam.

"Although the amount has not been confirmed, it is reportedly in the region of £700,000."

BBC say £450,000.

BBC Say eclipsing the £ 450,000 Wigan spent on Fielden.

One of the very best english rugby league players to grace the sport...and he`s still only 24!

Good luck to him.....i watch far more NRL than super league anyway so the more british stars we have over there the better.  Hope he can help the Warriors be a little more consistent next season.

Also with the fee and Bowan coming the other way it's a pretty decent result for wigan too.

Back to the Topic in question. This is a done deal, and will come early with huge transfer fee to allow the move to go through in 2014.

As confirmed in April!

Great bit of business for Wigan IMO although a huge gap to fill as no otehr player like him at the moment

Good luck Sam, a great talent and hopefully he'll rip up the NRL.

£700k transfer fee? A pity Wigan aren't able to go for a marquee player in return.

Good luck to him - a truly great player who will do well in the NRL without a doubt. I wonder what this means for Locke, the current NZ Warriors fullback who I understand was well regarded, is he moving on?

Good luck to him - a truly great player who will do well in the NRL without a doubt. I wonder what this means for Locke, the current NZ Warriors fullback who I understand was well regarded, is he moving on?

I heard the Canterbury Bulldogs.

BBC Say eclipsing the £ 450,000 Wigan spent on Fielden.

Ah.  I did read it a bit quickly.  Cheers.

Ah.  I did read it a bit quickly.  Cheers.

It seems loads of people have thought the same. I think its just that they dont know the exact fee but they know it exceeds the £450k paid for Fielden

I heard the Canterbury Bulldogs.

To replace Ben barba who's heading to the Brisbane broncos.

I like the idea of Ben Barba at the Brisbane Broncos. More players should choose alliterative clubs.

I like the idea of Ben Barba at the Brisbane Broncos. More players should choose alliterative clubs.

I think he's from Queensland and wants to be nearer to his family because of well documented off field problems.