Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

Tetley's Challenge Cup: Hull KR v St Helens KO 2.30pm (BBCTV)

Who will win?   16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR by 13 points or more
    • Hull KR by 7 to 12 points
    • Hull KR by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

122 posts in this topic

I thought the crowd looked embarrassing. Cup match, two SL teams and a whole stand was empty!

I have to agree with you there (And you know me for usually accusing the RFL of over reporting gates) the main stand seating (when seen) looked full and the terracing to with maybe also 300 Saints fans behind the goal.

I reckon more like 6000 would be a fair estimate thats 1500 less at around 15 quid average 50% to Saints:(((((

CM

Where do you get 50% from?

I thought the crowd looked embarrassing. Cup match, two SL teams and a whole stand was empty

The health and safety bods tend to not like clubs opening stands that are currently under construction....

The health and safety bods tend to not like clubs opening stands that are currently under construction....

Haha! I sit corrected! Fair enough then

Terrific game, really enjoyed it. Saints played well with twelve but Hull KR hd enough brains and skill around the park to win it, deservedly.

You can tell it's a good game because the best the moaners can come up with on this thread is something about a World Cup promo and an unfinished stand being empty. :wacko:

you're right!

Where the hell were the explosions with Bruce Willis diving through them to score a try for USA in the 2013 World Cup Final???

anyone? 

where were they?

Try harder

Terrific game, really enjoyed it. Saints played well with twelve but Hull KR hd enough brains and skill around the park to win it, deservedly.

You can tell it's a good game because the best the moaners can come up with on this thread is something about a World Cup promo and an unfinished stand being empty. :wacko:

Don't be a Bell now. I admitted I was wrong!

How's welham after Gardner ruined him what a hit that was just confirms why the shoulder charge been ruled out was the wrong decision!!!!

Don't be a Bell now. I admitted I was wrong!

Sadly, he can't help himself sometimes.

How's welham after Gardner ruined him what a hit that was just confirms why the shoulder charge been ruled out was the wrong decision!!!!

A rule is a rule, of course. With Wilkin being put on Report, why then did Gardner and Turner commit the same offence? The players need a good lecture.

He played in the second half, so he was hardly 'ruined'.  I'm not sure what the punishment is for a shoulder charge per se.  Is it just a penalty?  I don't think Gardner hit Whelam in the head; I think Whelam suffered whiplash.  Wilkin may have more of a case to answer IMO.

However, my team's players seem to have been in a bubble in the first half, forgetting that they were actually subject to the same rules as everyone else. 

A rule is a rule, of course. With Wilkin being put on Report, why then did Gardner and Turner commit the same offence? The players need a good lecture.

A quote from Brown directly off the Saints website post match interview: "I'm not concerned one bit at all about our discipline; putting things on report is an easy thing to do and they (the processes) will run their course."  I doubt anyone will be getting a lecture.

No way that crowd was any different to normal SL games at Craven Park - which have had much higher crowds.

Was the crowd at Wigan really as low as less than 7k when Leigh took over 2k (from all accounts)? I didnt go due to a business trip to the USA but I find this low crowd very hard to believe.

There needs to be an independant commission to check cup crowds so that they away team doesnt get shafted.

Although Leigh took 2k, the three Wigan stands were sparse - around 7k seemed about right.

No way that crowd was any different to normal SL games at Craven Park - which have had much higher crowds.

Was the crowd at Wigan really as low as less than 7k when Leigh took over 2k (from all accounts)? I didnt go due to a business trip to the USA but I find this low crowd very hard to believe.

There needs to be an independant commission to check cup crowds so that they away team doesnt get shafted.

There were a lot less than usual in the main stand and the well in the west stand was almost empty. The East Stand did not feel as full as usual and there were quite a few of the regular faces not around were we stand so I would have said there was about 5500 to 6000 there.

A quote from Brown directly off the Saints website post match interview: "I'm not concerned one bit at all about our discipline; putting things on report is an easy thing to do and they (the processes) will run their course."  I doubt anyone will be getting a lecture.

Not good enough. Discipline is key in terms of not losing ground. I think it's Brown who need a quiet word in his ear! Didn't the Saints have a penalty account 15 to 7 against them in the recent league match?

Got to Saints were very ill disciplined. Wilkin, LMS, Lance waste of money and Turner were at it all game. Have to say Wilkin in particular seemed to be running around with a right chip on his shoulder, not sure if he thinks he is better than everyone else cos he has started a union, but he needs to have a look at himself.

Not good enough. Discipline is key in terms of not losing ground. I think it's Brown who need a quiet word in his ear! Didn't the Saints have a penalty account 15 to 7 against them in the recent league match?

Yes, although on Saturday I think the penalty count was more even. 

There were a lot less than usual in the main stand and the well in the west stand was almost empty. The East Stand did not feel as full as usual and there were quite a few of the regular faces not around were we stand so I would have said there was about 5500 to 6000 there.

The crowd for the Rovers v Cas game on Sky was 6,500. You could see from the TV pictures that the crowd yesterday was well down compared to that game. The official attendance figure looked about right to me.

Thought some of the shoulder charges from Saints were poor. Think this game should be costly for them, whether it will be I dont know.

Hard to defend the shoulder charges as the players have obviously made conscious decisions to do it, and in the three I saw, not one of the HKR players were holding the ball.

Although Leigh took 2k, the three Wigan stands were sparse - around 7k seemed about right.

Ok thanks - why so few Wigan fans though? Predictable scoreline? Big problem for RL that we have created a game where shocks are rarer than rocking horse terd. I dont go for this guff about everyone needing to be fitter to run up and down 10m every tackle. Its quite a silly rule tbh on not a core rugby skill. What next? 15m and then 20m retirement?

Ok thanks - why so few Wigan fans though? Predictable scoreline? Big problem for RL that we have created a game where shocks are rarer than rocking horse terd. I dont go for this guff about everyone needing to be fitter to run up and down 10m every tackle. Its quite a silly rule tbh on not a core rugby skill. What next? 15m and then 20m retirement?

have 1st div v 2nd div clashes ever been that attractive?

have 1st div v 2nd div clashes ever been that attractive?

Good crowd at Fev for both the Cas and Wigan games last year

Got to Saints were very ill disciplined. Wilkin, LMS, Lance waste of money and Turner were at it all game. Have to say Wilkin in particular seemed to be running around with a right chip on his shoulder, not sure if he thinks he is better than everyone else cos he has started a union, but he needs to have a look at himself.

IMO Wilkin gets away with a lot of stuff other players get canned for.  If Meli doesn't stiff arm Hall it's game over anyway.  One of the worst stiff arms I've seen - reminiscent of Paul Rose on Johnnie Gilbert at Wembley in '83.

Shocks in RL have always been as rare as rocking horse manure, can you list me the vast number of big upsets pre SL. You must be able to rattle twenty off without thinking about it.