Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

19/04/13 - ANZAC Test: Australia v New Zealand (Premier Sports)

Who will win?   18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

62 posts in this topic

Ref biased? You mean Ashley Klein?

He referreed the 2008 RLWC final - you know, the one the Aussies lost 20-34 because , as then Oz coach Ricky Stuart claimed, the ref (Klein !) was biased !!!

No, Oz won fair and square. Hopefully, the Kiwis (and England!) will be better prepared come RLWC 2013

Having watched the game I'd say they won fair but would not go as far as square!  I thought all three tries that were disallowed for NZ were correct but I thought the Aus Inglis try should have been chalked off.

The penalty machines Warea-Hargreave and Pritchard caused the result, the friendly refereeing of Klein decided the result.  The best example of his friendly refereeing was the disallowed try where Jason Nightingale was adjudged to have prevented Justin Hodges from either recovering the ball or making a tackle to prevent a try.  No problem with that a 50-50 call which you can have a view either way.  However the first offence was the knock by Australia so it should have been scrum to NZ 10 yards out.  Klein's major and minor incident explanation was just made up nonsense.  The knock on was as clear as daylight and should have been ruled on by the video referee in his review of the try.

Ref biased? You mean Ashley Klein?

He referreed the 2008 RLWC final - you know, the one the Aussies lost 20-34 because , as then Oz coach Ricky Stuart claimed, the ref (Klein !) was biased !!!

No, Oz won fair and square. Hopefully, the Kiwis (and England!) will be better prepared come RLWC 2013

Biased or otherwise, he was ######-poor.

I have nothing against the celebration of Anzacs and the war dead. I just don't think that this game has any meaning to the representative game. A world cup later this year, S.O.O. to come very shortly. In November when the World Cup is won or lost, who will care if they won the Anzac test earlier in the year. No mid-season internationals when there are end of season internationals planned.

If it meant anything to the RL public in Aus, they would be there in huge numbers. It doesn't, so they won't.

Don't give me celebration of the Anzacs either. This fixture was started as a poor answer to the annual Anzac day game between Essendon and Carlton.

snore troll. Begone to ignore where you belong, can't be bothered to work out what banned profile you used to have. Ta ra

Bit late, but only just watched the game.

Klein was bent, his mate the video ref (Ricky Stuart?) was worse. Disgusting.

The good news is that NZ will know they largely dominated and would have been up by at least two scores by half-time were it not for the officials.

Bit late, but only just watched the game.

Klein was bent, his mate the video ref (Ricky Stuart?) was worse. Disgusting.

The good news is that NZ will know they largely dominated and would have been up by at least two scores by half-time were it not for the officials.

A rare occasion I'll totally agree with you

The kiwi's should have been 2 scores ahead at half time and that makes it a totally different game

Why wasn't the match played under international rules? The NRL video ref rules were in place. ie ref says whether it was a try or not, and video ref can only give a different decision if they can "prove" it.

Gus Gould and his "shoulder charge" for the Kiwi try before half-time. With his green and gold glasses on, he just sounds a annoying person with clearly no idea even what a shoulder charge is. It's not two players running the same way bumping shoulders Gus. Bless him!

Good point on the VR

Surely under proper rules the VR could have awarded both tried...

As for Gus and his shoulder charge I think it was more a dig at the rule, though you can never rule out an Ocker whining because they are worried about losing...

Just watched the game. There is no way that 13 players can beat 13 plus the referee.

The Aussies are probably the best team in the world so why do they have to stack the odds in their favour by having their own referee?

ALL internationals should have a neutral referee.

The next time I see an unbiased Australian will be the first time. Cheating bastrads.

well as usual the the aussies cheat their way to victory, klien is a clown and the aussie game is bent three no try's in the first half against the kiwi's two dead set trys.

this ref decision of giving a no try to the video ref is wrong, wrong, wrong bth times the video ref had no option but to give no try's, but when the aussies had one he gives a try so the video ref has no option but to givethem a try.

bent bent bent

My opinion also. I thought that the refereeing standard (?) took a plummet following half time and, that the Aussies got practically carte blanche from the moment they first scored after the break! 

Pity because that aspect ruined, for me, what was proving the best contested international match for sometime.

I would not be too dissappointed over that loss if I was a Kiwi, as morally, when considering the strength of the relative sides I would say that the Kiwi's seemed the side that could most improve on the selection front. When it is almost a certainty that that OZ side would be hard pressed for much improvement, whereas the Kiwi's do have, with a change of luck, a bit of leeway when making their selections again should they really( for once ) be able to choose from their top array of players. 

PS I would unless Marshall has regained the form that demands he does, be reluctant to remove Keiron Foran for Marshall! Whom although undoubtedly one of the better players around is too prone nowaday's to display the Brough effect and only compete when it seems that he feels like it.

what was score? no trace of the match existing on the bbc rl website page!

There were live scores on the fixtures page and then the result is on the results page. Probably the first place I'd look if I were after scores or results.