Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolford6

Speedway to Return to Odsal

10 posts in this topic

Excellent.  Saw the Speedway World Cup at Odsal and saw Bradford Dukes race there once.

Wouldn't those boxes at the end cause a problem? This is about the best picture I could find so I'm not sure.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/48238000/jpg/_48238221_odsal_3.jpg

The front of the Coral stand is on stilts and the current perimeter track remains banked from the speedway and stock car days. I think it would only be necessary to put some cushioned barriers in.

bring back the  stock cars, bradford was probably the best ever with most meetings pulling in up to 100 cars on a regular basis.

Shame no-one's told the stadium owners about this.

I suppose it the speedway people offered enough money the RFL would let speedway take place their with certain conditions attached.

But he added: “I would love to see speedway back at Odsal. We want to maximise the use of the stadium and we want to attract other sports as well.

“We are talking to basketball, table tennis, and others, to get the most out of the stadium.”

The view of a game of table-tennis from the back of the away end would be somewhat limited.

The view of a game of table-tennis from the back of the away end would be somewhat limited.

They've been inspired by being able to sell restricted view table tennis tickets at the Olympics.

It's the legacy Lord Coe would have wanted.