Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Art of Hand and Foot

East Manchester/West Pennines.. is it time?

35 posts in this topic

That's at odds with the recent interview with an interview on Manchester Radio a couple of weeks ago when a former Oldham supporter was now watching Salford.

Oooh mass exodus it is then. Nope most ex Oldham fans stay at home. So Salford's business plan involves targeting east Manchester then? To pillage our amateur set up? Rather go and live in Yorkshire than support Salford. And there is no way I would go and live in Yorkshire.

Oooh mass exodus it is then. Nope most ex Oldham fans stay at home. So Salford's business plan involves targeting east Manchester then? To pillage our amateur set up? Rather go and live in Yorkshire than support Salford. And there is no way I would go and live in Yorkshire.

The point is that all this b0ll0ck$ of people never change allegiance is just that, b0ll0ck$

1. Most ex Oldham fans stay at home.

2. So Salford's business plan involves targeting east Manchester then? To pillage our amateur set up?

1. I think your probably spot on with that. Most stay at home, some apparently go to Wigan now. Anecdotal evidence only.

2. I'd suspect Koukash's scouts will go all over the north, there's only four Oldham lads playing first team Superleague at the moment so there's not enough talent in Oldham to make a Superleague team in itself.

As the M60 conveniently circles Manchester/Salford I expect Koukash to particularly market the club to the whole population in and around that motorway.

we've been over this before mate...theres more than 4!

marc syned,lee jewitt,kev sinfield,chris bridge,jordan turner,eamon o'carroll....

theres 6 off the top of my head

we've been over this before mate...theres more than 4!

marc syned,lee jewitt,kev sinfield,chris bridge,jordan turner,eamon o'carroll....

theres 6 off the top of my head

Make it six if you want. Clubs have squads of 25 so Oldham just need another 19 quality players for their SL team.

and no team in super league is based entirely on home grown talent...............but oldham has to be....give it a rest :lol:

and no team in super league is based entirely on home grown talent...............but oldham has to be....give it a rest :lol:

Nobody said it has to be, make your own incorrect interpretations in order to to mock.

All I'm saying is that there are places that can produce adequate numbers of players so that they can stock a Superleague side, such as Wigan, Leeds and Hull.

Beyond that clubs have the handicap of insufficient quality local players to stock the team. Other handicaps include inadequate ground, and inadequate fan base.

Sadly Oldham have the hat trick.

well its a good job i don't want us in super league then is'nt it..

seriously though you are the only person i know that thinks oldham does'nt produce RL players :lol:

well its a good job i don't want us in super league then is'nt it..

seriously though you are the only person i know that thinks oldham does'nt produce RL players :lol:

2nd biggest after Wigan/Leigh so I'm led to believe. The problem we have is we have no stadium . We have the potential for big crowds but not while we're stood around a farm meadow on the side of a hill. I've said in the past that if we had what Rochdale have then we would, at least, be competing at the top of the CC.

If you think your being serious then you haven't read the posts or anything I have been saying.

I know full well Oldham has junior clubs like St Annes and at any one time in the first teams of Superleague clubs there are several Oldham lads.

I've never taken the stance that Oldham doesn't produce ANY juniors. just not enough juniors to be a true Superleague club, and that includes Huddersfield, Bradford, Salford, Widnes and Wakefield etc.

They used to plug the gap with overseas players. As that dries up the way is open for a couple more Oldham lads to make it like Sneyd.

But you carry on twisting things for a giggle.