Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kiwityke

Tom Lillycrop and NRL

40 posts in this topic

Can anyone comment on the news that Dewsbury's Tom Lillycrop is one of a number of players that NRL clubs are chasing. Maybe the news is wrong as the article also says that Dewsbury is a Super League club!!

My query is would he be good enough for NRL (the Burgess brothers are). Is he worth a punt?

The others named are Dom Crosby (Wigan) and Colton Roche (Sheffield) and Sam Tomkins (Wigan). The last is an obvious target as 2012 man of Steel.

Except Tomkins is suspect under the high ball and his defence is weak, don't know where he would play in the NRL. Lillycrop is a very good player but not NRL standard at the moment.

where have you read this article, it would be worth having a look but I doubt Tom would be considered good enough at the moment for NRL.

Can anyone comment on the news that Dewsbury's Tom Lillycrop is one of a number of players that NRL clubs are chasing. Maybe the news is wrong as the article also says that Dewsbury is a Super League club!!
My query is would he be good enough for NRL (the Burgess brothers are). Is he worth a punt?
The others named are Dom Crosby (Wigan) and Colton Roche (Sheffield) and Sam Tomkins (Wigan). The last is an obvious target as 2012 man of Steel.

The report is in the Sunday Star Times, a Sunday paper in NZ.

I believe a similar story was in The Sun on Friday.

Not NRL more like Fev RL ;)

Piggy's Mate like I've said before Lillycrop wants to get back into super league. So why the **** would he want to play with a wannabe super duper league club like fev. Go back to mount taliban n watch the puppies get battered by the Giants you plank

Piggy's Mate like I've said before Lillycrop wants to get back into super league. So why the **** would he want to play with a wannabe super duper league club like fev. Go back to mount taliban n watch the puppies get battered by the Giants you plank

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  what an a**ehole

Feelings mutual pal

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  what an a**ehole

But Eddies not Trolling to get a bite is he?

He may wish to play SL but he is more likly to join fev or Batley :) I will let you know how the 4000 enjoy this afternoon at the Love Rugby League.com stadium. I suppose your still smarting over another poor performance yesterday....... sorry I forgot you dont support the Rams away do you ER better to stop at home in your cave muttering about how you would do a better job than Morrison as coach :)

I work most Sunday's so can't always make it to a game. sorry I didn't mean to swear I know you don't like the word work or doing any for that matter.

4000 fans! I didn't know the Giants were bringing 3996 fans. We all know Batley fans share one taxi when playing the Rams away

Hi Eddie just to let you know yet Giants loosing 4 nil at half time :)

I know pal. Thanks for updating me lol

I know pal. Thanks for updating me lol

You missed a cracker ER. You really are watching the wrong team :lol:

Sounded a great game

But Eddies not Trolling to get a bite is he?

neither am i.i just think hes an a**ehole.

I work most Sunday's.

Eddie have a word with yer spell checker it is adding "or" instead of "an"

If you'd have seen the game you'd have seen the dogs take the Giants to the brink of defeat again, we were awesome. You really do post rubbish pal

i don't know anything about this particular case but Aussie coaching connections have been quoted as saying that they may well take a punt with a number of English players. Given the massive level of sponsorship presently in their game combined with a very favourable exchange rate it was said that they could offer a young player a £25K p.a. plus accomodation contract which would be very attractive to many of them, but relative peanuts to the clubs. Although most would not make the grade one or two might, which would be a major result for the individual clubs involved. Those players who didn't make the cut would still have had one or two years living in an attractive environement and learning in the best RL culture in the world.

I will eat some humble pie. You played well!

Its ok il cattivo I feel the same way about you - who'd have thought we have something in common